Hate to say it but Tony is an easy fight for Conor

Conor would KO this bum and a week later Sherdog wouldn't know who Tony is.

What??? You said Conor doesn't gas when he's being efficient, and not throwing all power shots. He gassed exactly in the middle of the 2nd round, after being efficient, and not throwing all power shots.

Nate landed almost literally nothing in the 1st 2 rounds, until Conor gassed against the cage. Did you even watch the fight? They only started to go back and forth as soon as Conor slowed down for no reason, and he gassed like always.

Over 50 strikes landed isn’t a lot?

Besides, that fight isn’t even a good example imo. Conor may have slowed down at times but he still managed to make through 25 minutes AND WIN. If he was so gassed as you claim in the middle of the second, Nick would have finished him like he did in their first fight.

Conor's got 2 rounds.

Then Tony takes him into deep water.

I'm a fan of both, and I'm favouring Tony currently in this matchup. Conor doesn't have good habits when he starts getting tired, nor does he have a style that allows him to consistently provide offense when he's gassed.

Tony would do nasty things if (when) he gets top as well.

Dismount from his Irish beanbag and seriously analyze your statement TS.

He lost to a guy with just as much heart as Ferguson but ranked outside the top 10.

Ferguson has a way better record than Diaz and is willing to walk through the fire to get to the top..

Both Diaz and McGregor think their sh*t don't stink and believe they are above Tony, Khabib and Gathje.

Time will tell what occurs.

funny thread

Conor's fan seem very determined to just reduce every other fighters.
its just weird really

He’s way too hittable and wild. Conor’s striking is so accurate, Tony would be a punching bag. Unless Tony develops a blast double at the level of a Chad Mendes, easy win for Conor.

You know as a fan it's your duty to encourage Conor to beat up on the hittable wild punching bag that is Tony Ferguson, and put a end to this talk that he's not a co-Champion*** but the only Champion...

That's the same eveyr fight. Every lightweight that gets tagged ONCE in a fight, people say Conor would KO them.

is like they expect that the only way to beat Conor is to get in a fight and not get punched at all, not even once. It doesn't matter if they recover well and turn it around, if they get rocked, people instantly assume that if Conor threw the punch he would've knocked them out.

Same old shit. Stupid argument that only fanboys bring up. Each fight is a different history. For all i know, Tony could knock Conor the fuck out getting tagged or not. It's fucking MMA. And Conor's aura is wearing out, soon he'll be beaten convincingly. Even his fans feel that.

I wouldn't say he's an easy fight, It depends really. Tony is a wild mofo but I don't think he's going to have much success with being unorthodox against Conor on the feet. That seems like the type of fight that will take place at range where It'd be difficult for tony to close the distance, land elbows, knees and be more versatile with his strikes. I'm sure Tony will put up a good fight but It seems like a tough stylistic matchup for him at least on Paper. He leaves his chin out there and Is very open In his striking style. His wrestling likely Isn't good enough to get a straight up takedown either , he'd need to rely on ending up on top In scramble or maybe after hurting Conor.

Overall, not the best style matchup for Tony on paper..but we'll see what happens.

Tony is no Alvarez. Better chin, takedowns, clinch, sub's. Imanari roll. C'mon.

Unless Conor gets gassed, his ability to keep distance, so far, has kept him out of scrambles. Tony will probably be the best scrambler (maybe Alvarez, but he didn’t even try), Conor has faced so, yeah scrambles are Tony’s best bet.
Tony is a superior wrestler to Alavrez but below Mendes. The problem is Tony doesn’t fancy a heavy takedown game. His scrambles and rolling leg lock attempts will be his ace. He can’t stay in the mid or long range though. Close range is his best bet. Alvarez choice to grapple after he was rocked was a big mistake.

To beat Conor Tony is going to have to make this look ugly. A battle of chin/distance control and pace similar to Nate is hard to pull off. But Tony has a tank on him and good recovery. Conor is the favorite but Tony has a chance.

People were saying the same thing about Eddie but Tony seems more tenacious and his sub game gives him more options.

Over 50 strikes landed isn’t a lot?

Besides, that fight isn’t even a good example imo. Conor may have slowed down at times but he still managed to make through 25 minutes AND WIN. If he was so gassed as you claim in the middle of the second, Nick would have finished him like he did in their first fight.

I'm not saying it's not a lot, but that was the most efficient, and conservative version of Conor, and he still gassed. Conor's just one of those fighters that gasses, and doesn't have a great cardio gene.

Nate wasn't able to capitalize as much, because his legs were wet noodles by that point, and he could barely even walk. Seeing Conor hurt gave him enough adrenaline to pull through, and he has great durability.

I can’t disagree enough that Tony’s striking is better than Nick’s. Tony is wild with his offense and his defense is even worse. He may be able to defend leg kicks better but Conor will mostly be throwing hands at Tony’s chin.
Again it comes down to weather tony can eat conors left hand or not. Tonys pace and pressure is relentless he did the same thing to barboza who is a much striker eat everything he has to offer the pressure made barboza panic wrestle and get tapped out.

It's an interesting fight for sure. Tony's striking is kind of goofy - he has a decent jab but he basically never moves his head and that dome is ALWAYS there to get countered. Conor would absolutely put a clinic on Tony with the stand up, but we've yet to see Tony get even remotely hurt form strikes. Conor actually doesn't possess crazy, one-punch KO power either, he usually get the TKO via combos.

Conor has a submission vulnerability, however Tony hasn't shown that he has much ability to get the fight to the ground when he needs to. Tony's biggest threat is his insane cardio, something which is obviously an issue for Conor.

That's what the fight comes down to IMO - can Tony survive the hammering he's going to have to take on the feet in order to drag Conor to the ground once he gets tired. Khabib is more of the nightmare match up for Conor, but there's absolutely no way Tony should be missing out at the next crack at the real LW crown.

He’s way too hittable and wild. Conor’s striking is so accurate, Tony would be a punching bag. Unless Tony develops a blast double at the level of a Chad Mendes, easy win for Conor.
After what I saw of T Ferg last night, I have to agree with you. Man, I thought I remember El Cuckuy having better hands then he was showing and his defense was horrible. Easy KO for McNugget lol

Edson Barboza and RDA beat Conor fairly handily. Conor is a good fighter, but guys like Barboza, Benson Henderson, or RDA absolutely destroy fighters like Nate Diaz.
How are we suppose to have a serious discussion when you say things like that?

I think this is a tough fight. If Conor cant get the early finish. Ferguson has the skills to finish him later in the fight when he is gassed.

Back