Have you ever shot a real gun in your life?

Shot a bunch of different stuff in the army. My favorite by far is the .50 cal. That thing is awesome. Worst part of shooting is cleaning weapons afterwards.
It's awesome until some asshole fucks with you and messes with the barrel so you have to do headspace and timing again.

Cleaning is fine

Its not fine when NCOs who hate everyone including you inspect your gun

"I see one tenth of an inch of dirt over there, clean again idiot"

"But sir theres nothing there"

"Stfu boot"
That's when you slip the armory custodian a $20 bill in the chamber for inspection. :cool:

My daughters and wife have also shot guns too!

I'm a real weakling so something easy. I'll trust the guys at the shop. I've lost some feeling in my little and next to little fingers so I need something I can manage.
For a handgun you could just start off with something in .22 LR. No recoil and cheap ammo. I was lucky that my first time shooting a handgun was a Beretta M9/92FS. A 9mm with a large and heavy frame to mitigate recoil. Glocks don't have great stock triggers.
Rifle would either be a Ruger PC carbine (fun to shoot, cheaper 9mm) or a CA compliant AR15.
There are plenty of female gun channels on Youtube (and some of them are shorties as well) so watch some videos. Especially when it comes to carrying concealed. Honest Outlaw is a good source too because his wife is only 5'2.

This girl just started shooting in 2020.

Last edited:
For a handgun you could just start off with something in .22 LR. No recoil and cheap ammo. I was lucky that my first time shooting a handgun was a Beretta M9/92FS. A 9mm with a large and heavy frame to mitigate recoil. Glocks don't have great stock triggers.
Rifle would either be a Ruger PC carbine (fun to shoot, cheaper 9mm) or a CA compliant AR15.
There are plenty of female gun channels on Youtube (and some of them are shorties as well) so watch some videos. Especially when it comes to carrying concealed. Honest Outlaw is a good source too because his wife is only 5'2.

This girl just started shooting in 2020.

I'm not planning on leaving the house with it, it's purely as home protection.

Something really small, I'm a bit of a weakling. I intend doing a basic course but it's literally just as an in case of home invasion. Not against hunting if you eat it but it isn't for me, I'll just keep it locked up next to the front door.

Husband would rather something a bit meatier but it'll be useless if I can't fire it so we'll take the advice of the store. We've got a couple here but I don't like the owner of one of them so I'll end up boing here https://brassdepot.com/
Holy shit! You can buy a gatling gun!
IMG_5741__01232.1600276939__39753.webp

I'm not planning on leaving the house with it, it's purely as home protection.

Yeah in a firing range in Thailand.

20240320_112119.jpg
Was just out at the range a few days ago. My Dad bought this .300 Weatherby for my 12 birthday for hunting. Still shoots on point. Hell of a kick though.

If they think you're free enough to be in society, you're free enough to protect yourself or vote. Especially if you're paying taxes.
You give up some of those freedoms when you commit felonies. For instance, they throw you in prison. You give up early every freedom there. Just because they let you out doesn’t mean you get to own a firearm. If you can’t protect yourself without one, you’d better learn to.

I went through a full summer here at often 116f. I know what I'm in for. I'm looking into those outdoor fans that spritz water out so I can sit outside before 6pm during the summer.
Those work well out there

nah, in Hawaii. but i definitely seen Texas hog hunting and it's crazy how many pigs they kill in a day and it doesn't even put a dent in their population.
That’s where I first started hunting, in a place called Big Kaipolo. Did a lot of walking in there, I’ve killed some pigs and not one with a gun.

So your a felon and you now can’t own a gun. Wow, what a travesty. I’m sure you were completely innocent of the crime of which you were convicted.

But almost all of America agrees that felons shouldn’t be allowed to own firearms.
Since you seem to be an asshole, and have no idea of the circumstances, im going to drop some truth bombs on you. It is a felony to put anything in someones mailbox unless you are a USPS employee. It is also a felony to drink alcohol on federal land, that includes federal parks. I can go on on how easy it is to get a felony on your record, but my guess is you are that much of an asshole, that you don't care.

Back