Hbo throws in the towel

Whew... now I finally have a reason to get rid of HBO.

Won't have to hear my wife saying, "why do we need HBO in September when the next fight you want to watch on it is in January?"

Done with hbo once game of thrones is complete. They have a history of amazing tv shows but they haven’t put anything good out in a couple yrs

I'm not surprised, but I am heartbroken. Hopefully the fans benefit from this somehow.

Done with hbo once game of thrones is complete. They have a history of amazing tv shows but they haven’t put anything good out in a couple yrs

Same here. The last season of GOT is the only reason I still have it. Lol at them trying to make Westworld the new GOT. I think some of these guys are out of touch when it comes to target audiences.

What do you expect that Peter Nelson guy was a horrible replacement, he tried to force his hand and you don't play with old time promoters like Arum, King and haymon like that.

I understand he thought he was doing a service by being authoritative demanding top level fights from each promoter which caused them to jump ship instead.

This is sad news because HBO to me was always the best in terms of boxing production and story telling.

Golden Boy is now going to have to do business with Arum again on ESPN or with Haymon he is pretty much screwed

I think the final straw was when Kathy Duva went to Top rank an ESPN to have the rematch of Kovalev and Alvarez instead of HBO.

Showtime is way more lively now they are the top dog now, I love Mauro Ranallo, Al Bernstein, and Paulie Malignagg commentating they have more passion

The internet has taken over. ESPN+, DAZN, even Facebook and YouTube are showing Live Fights. No one watches TV anymore. Everything is online now

Damn, no more 24/7. That sucks.

Who will Bang! now?

this is pretty sad

I hope Roy Jones goes to DAZN because Sugar Ray Leonard is horrible. He’s the Bas Rutten of Boxing Commentary

Al Haymonn destroyed HBO boxing

Anyhoo I see this as a positive was getting annoyed with the counter programming

Now things will start to really shine

wow, wasn't expecting this. Fuck, does this mean we don't get Superfly 4?

Does this mean no more Jim Lampley? Please say yes.

2ivv04.jpg

Same here. The last season of GOT is the only reason I still have it. Lol at them trying to make Westworld the new GOT. I think some of these guys are out of touch when it comes to target audiences.

GOF....you pay for that shit?

Back