heavy bag/airdyne

gwilacuz

White Belt
Reaction score
im looking for a good heavy bag and airdyne workout on my off days for weight training. all comments appreciated.

Ross enemait had some good heavy bag stuff on his website. You could also just do simple stuff like 5x3 minute rounds or something like that.

I don't know much about the air dyne but it seems like hard sprints like 20x30sec or something might be brutal if you went hard enough.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but are the Airdyne bikes worth buying? I saw a couple of nice ones on Craigslist for around $250.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but are the Airdyne bikes worth buying? I saw a couple of nice ones on Craigslist for around $250.
airdyne bikes are amazing. ive had mine for around 10 years and have had to put in zero maintenance. they are also very durable. my current airdyne workout looks like this:

5 minute warm up at a moderate pace.
50 sec. easy 10 sec. hard
40 sec. easy 20 sec. hard
30 sec. easy 30 sec. hard
20 sec. easy 40 sec. hard
10 sec. easy 50 sec. hard
20 sec. easy 40 sec. hard
30 sec. easy 30 sec. hard
40 sec. easy 20 sec. hard
50 sec. easy 10 sec. hard
5 minute cool down at a moderate pace.
I also use it as a warm up and cool down for my weight training days.

Airdynes are flat out nasty. 15 rounds of 20 hard, 40 rest kills me. 300FY is a real widowmaker too.

I saw one of mark tights workouts where they used an air dyne and it was something like 100 calories burned in 5 minutes or you failed the workout....

So going balls out for 5 minutes. Seems pretty painful.

I saw one of mark tights workouts where they used an air dyne and it was something like 100 calories burned in 5 minutes or you failed the workout....

So going balls out for 5 minutes. Seems pretty painful.

That's the 300FY- 300 cals in 10 minutes. If you don't make it, then that's the FY.

Simply horrendous.

I wonder what's harder, the airdyne or the versaclimber?

Lol no. It's honestly ridiculous. Mad props to anyone who can get through it.

For real...30 calories a minute is nuts. I remember seeing it on the gym jones website but havnt had access to an air dyne since I saw it. Dosent matter though lol I'm sure I can't do it.

I gave 300FY an attempt on an Assault Bike. Not a fun time, at all. Only got 170 calories too.

Back