HEAVYWEIGHT COACH (why the average coach shouldn't be training heavy weights)

sherdog exhibit 1

thinks john ruiz is lazy because he doesn't look like this

5f022e2c063a4b32a99bbed18b68a71a.jpg

I don’t think the quiet guy was fat during his career.
Andy Ruiz is fat.
Jones-bolotojab-Ruiz.gif

Last edited:
Hilarious.

[QUOTE="I could probably KO fury in boxing but he may be able to run long enough to cut me with the slaps

I COULD BEAT TYSON FURY

Muay Thai in 3 rounds...no problem

in MMA inside 3 min ...CRUSHED

you have been sold the puff piece hero worship chump fight and now have buyers remorse

I would be stopped by Tyson or Lennox in the first 2 rounds

[what a new PITIFUL day in boxing]

THIS IS SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT !!!

THESE GUYS ARE JOKES !!!!!

MEDIA PUFF PIECE

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
-guerilla-, Feb 28, 2020 [/QUOTE]

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH COACHING

Well it really boils down to understanding relative strength and then understanding an athletes relative ability to run

Just like the OP stated

A coach who expects a 289lb athlete to run as far and as fast as a 115lb athlete While NOT expecting the 115 lb athlete to lift the same amount of weight as the 289 in the weight room means that the coach has failed understand the relative strengths and abilities of his athletes

Coaching 101

Hilarious.

[QUOTE="I could probably KO fury in boxing but he may be able to run long enough to cut me with the slaps

I COULD BEAT TYSON FURY

Muay Thai in 3 rounds...no problem

in MMA inside 3 min ...CRUSHED

you have been sold the puff piece hero worship chump fight and now have buyers remorse

I would be stopped by Tyson or Lennox in the first 2 rounds

[what a new PITIFUL day in boxing]

THIS IS SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT !!!

THESE GUYS ARE JOKES !!!!!

MEDIA PUFF PIECE

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
-guerilla-, Feb 28, 2020
[/QUOTE]
@KnightTemplar
just because you two losers saw Tyson Fury on TV doesn't mean he's the greatest boxer that ever lived

the fact that I said I had a puncher's chance in one or two matches / 10 means that Tyson Fury sucks compared to the greats that would finish me off in the 1st or 2nd round 100% of the time IE Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis

# reading comprehension fail

Op could beat Mike Tyson 2/10 fights...

Actually I said the exact opposite... I said the greats like Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis would beat me 100% of the time in the first two rounds

from the quote in your LAST POST VERBATIM
"I would be stopped by Tyson or Lennox in the first 2 rounds"

HILARIOUS

for trying to misrepresent a quote you get a kellyanne [shame] 1583720765517.jpg

Last edited:
Imho he has a mental issue:
Just go to this thread

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/dirty-filthy-tyson-fury-mediocre-carny-slap-boxer.4085451/page-8

Its him being laughed out of the boxing forum.

LOL... speaking of boxing I finally found a video that understood that Tyson Fury was slapping and lacing...kinda

Sure is funny all the idiots that challenged me to a fight and then wouldn't tell me their name or city on the boxing Forum didn't know what the heck I was talking about

Okay, a different tack:

You're saying that there are some idiosyncrasies of being a heavyweight fighter that only someone who has fought at that weight can fully appreciate; those individuals (ex-heavyweight fighters) would be able to train and pass on that wisdom to a heavyweight fighter under their tutelage; however, they would not be able to effectively teach another (lighter weight) coach, and enable them to comprehensively train a heavyweight fighter?
Can you give any examples of those idiosyncrasies?
@j-boxing

While I have to give you credit for your intelligence and careful dissemination of my threads I have to pull a major flaw of your argument into the light....you keep asking me to give you an example of this ideal situation that I described however I know you're smart enough to know that ideal situations are extraordinary rare.... in fact some would say an absolutely ideal situation is almost unheard of so the notion that I can pull multiple examples of this perfectly ideal scenario out of thin air to buttress my description of the absolutely most efficient training opportunity for a fighter is an unrealistic expectation

Well it really boils down to understanding relative strength and then understanding an athletes relative ability to run

Just like the OP stated

A coach who expects a 289lb athlete to run as far and as fast as a 115lb athlete While NOT expecting the 115 lb athlete to lift the same amount of weight as the 289 in the weight room means that the coach has failed understand the relative strengths and abilities of his athletes

Coaching 101
God damn, you're dense. No one expects a heavyweight to run as easily as a featherweight- it's obviously going to strain him more to complete the same distance and speed. That's why modern coaches use heart rate monitors to keep athletes in optimal ranges during cardio work. The heavyweight is still expected to expend similar effort even if the distance covered will be less. It's about exercising the heart and improving its capacity to pump blood, something of vital importance to every athlete.

Similarly, the smaller athlete will obviously not lift the same weights as a bigger man- but he is expected to lift the same INTENSITY that the program calls for, as a percentage of his max.

Why is this so difficult for you to grasp? Why are you spilling a novel's worth of excuses just to rationalize your repulsion to cardio? Every heavyweight champion since John L Sullivan obsessively ran and skipped rope.

God damn, you're dense. No one expects a heavyweight to run as easily as a featherweight- it's obviously going to strain him more to complete the same distance and speed. That's why modern coaches use heart rate monitors to keep athletes in optimal ranges during cardio work. The heavyweight is still expected to expend similar effort even if the distance covered will be less. It's about exercising the heart and improving its capacity to pump blood, something of vital importance to every athlete.

Similarly, the smaller athlete will obviously not lift the same weights as a bigger man- but he is expected to lift the same INTENSITY that the program calls for, as a percentage of his max.

Why is this so difficult for you to grasp? Why are you spilling a novel's worth of excuses just to rationalize your repulsion to cardio? Every heavyweight champion since John L Sullivan obsessively ran and skipped rope.

dissectingaorticaneurysm said:
"No one expects a heavyweight to run as easily as a featherweight"

Now who's lying?

I am not a fan of Fury but he'd knock you out with as much trouble as Tyson, Lewis or any other pro fighter. You don't have a fighter's chance against Fury. ZERO.

You're this forum's obese Al Bundy.

@KnightTemplar
just because you two losers saw Tyson Fury on TV doesn't mean he's the greatest boxer that ever lived

the fact that I said I had a puncher's chance in one or two matches / 10 means that Tyson Fury sucks compared to the greats that would finish me off in the 1st or 2nd round 100% of the time IE Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis

# reading comprehension fail[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I was mocking you. I never claimed you actually said that. When I do claim you said something, I quote your exact phrase. But hey who am I to question 'A' "Founding Father of MMA"....?

See how this works..?

Actually I said the exact opposite... I said the greats like Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis would beat me 100% of the time in the first two rounds

from the quote in your LAST POST VERBATIM
"I would be stopped by Tyson or Lennox in the first 2 rounds"

HILARIOUS

for trying to misrepresent a quote you get a kellyanne [shame] View attachment 747087

@j-boxing
While I have to give you credit for your intelligence and careful dissemination of my threads I have to pull a major flaw of your argument into the light....you keep asking me to give you an example of this ideal situation that I described however I know you're smart enough to know that ideal situations are extraordinary rare.... in fact some would say an absolutely ideal situation is almost unheard of so the notion that I can pull multiple examples of this perfectly ideal scenario out of thin air to buttress my description of the absolutely most efficient training opportunity for a fighter is an unrealistic expectation

I've never asked you to give me an example of anything.

I was mocking you. I never claimed you actually said that. When I do claim you said something, I quote your exact phrase. But hey who am I to question 'A' "Founding Father of MMA"....?

See how this works..?

I see how it worked drama queen

You caught a few #kellyanns for spin

But at least you got that singular plural thing figured out

Now say something about coaching and quit trying to drama up what i said by omitting the quote and telling a "story" about it

Just like the OP stated

Coaching 101

You are the OP melon head

You are the OP melon head

Yeah...im the OP who UNDERSTANDS relative strength and endurance plus a record breaking wrestling coach and founding father of American MMA

While you are a nursing home employee who doesnt understand relative strength

You get your degree form a box of crackerjax?

Free with a happy meal?

Remember just because you think hes "dreamy" dosent mean hes healthy OR a good fighter

1583725664092.jpg

*look at those abs

You keep using Kimbo Slice to make some ridiculous point. The man is dead show some respect.

Despite being limited in his skill set he still managed to accomplish more than you in his 42 years. No one knows you exist despite claiming to be "a founding father of mma".

No one is saying fight skills are not the most important factors in fight sports. But being an obese individual doing special ed version of bag work over which you got clowned on by accomplished members of the other forums doesn't speak highly for you.

Your problem is you make crazy blanket statements and you got exposed through your videos.

Back