Heavyweight fight skill level

because whoever is at the top is the best in the world. The smaller guys might have more cardio, but they'd still get their asses kicked in an open weight fight.

Depends on the Gap in skill. Fury is hands down the Biggest we've ever seen a Boxer be and still know how to actually Box. Can Usyk Close the Gap with Skill ? I don't see Fury coming in at 277 , Usyk is too mobile for that, Fury can still lean on him and be in better condition if he comes in at 260 ish . Usyk would have to give the performance of his life though , and that might not be enough to overcome Fury.

Why is HW boxing so popular?

Because it throws up nights like that and the Joshua Usyk fight, for example.

Apparent advantages in size, athleticism or boxing skills can be reversed.

These guys both gassed by like round six and were throwing wild bar brawl haymakers throughout the fight. Neither should sniff the P4P. Why is HW boxing so popular?
5’6” 138?
Because everyone knows in the real world, either of the guys could literally hold down most weight classes and put their dicks down their throats and they could not say or do anything about it. Some of the bigger classes could just struggle a bit more. That’s it in a nutshell.

These guys both gassed by like round six and were throwing wild bar brawl haymakers throughout the fight. Neither should sniff the P4P. Why is HW boxing so popular?
I agree the technique was rather sloppy but you had two guys beating the shit out of each other until they could barely walk anymore, it was good fun.

Fury fought hard for 11 rounds and looked like he could go 15. I think some people just like to complain.

he already beat Aj, Aj had 3 of the 4 belts, fury only has 1 and the imaginary one

usyk da best
Fury had those 3 belts at some point and never lost them...

Was the skill level on display really that low? I thought Fury looked excellent tbh. It wasn’t a pretty display of the sweet science, but he knew exactly what he had to do to win, and he executed near perfectly. There’s skill involved in that even if the outcome isn’t pleasing to the eye. Fight was damned exciting, too.

Was the skill level on display really that low? I thought Fury looked excellent tbh. It wasn’t a pretty display of the sweet science, but he knew exactly what he had to do to win, and he executed near perfectly. There’s skill involved in that even if the outcome isn’t pleasing to the eye. Fight was damned exciting, too.
You've hit the nail on the head there.
Fury skill is executing what he learns in his training...and sticking to his trainers plan. i
In all 3 fights his plan has been to wear Wilder out using his size and weight and in all 3 fights he's done that with 2 wins coming of way of KO as Wilder has been physically drained. Like you said its not pretty but he does what he needs to, to get that win. His boxing brain is fantastic.

Fury had those 3 belts at some point and never lost them...

BS. After failing a drug test and retiring and thereby refusing to defend them, he lost them. Or fighting Sefer Seferi and Francesco Pianeta three years later are now considered title defenses.

Back