PlayStation Helldivers II

Got to agree with this:

#Helldivers2 boss says over-hiring devs would be a 'horrible' response to the game’s success 🎮

"The act of over-hiring to then do layoffs is a horrible practice and a bad experience for employees"

I don't know if I agree with that. You're still giving people work and experience, even if for a little while. They're also playing with fire a bit. The game is hot right now. Might not be if they take too long to fix shit, because they're too understaffed to deal with it in a timely manner.

I don't know if I agree with that. You're still giving people work and experience, even if for a little while. They're also playing with fire a bit. The game is hot right now. Might not be if they take too long to fix shit, because they're too understaffed to deal with it in a timely manner.
Can't disagree.

I think the value of this statement rather is derived from the current layoff climate spooking the industry and then it from someone in C-suite, too. For a company with a smash hit on their hands, there's something almost coolly antihero about scaling smartly versus scaling heedlessly like so many others have done.

I mentioned they can't not get ahead of this if they want to keep the iron hot – fully agree, but I thought this a pretty cool thing for a CEO to stand up and say right now.

apparently mechs are done, but need polishing before deployed.

And the illuminate was spotted coming...

Yea I think simply saying "Hey we need help right now but we might not need you after things settle down. If that's not ideal for you we get it.".

4556796-futuristic-render-fantasy-weapon-machine-gun-artwork-science-fiction.jpg

Footage of Sherdoggers fighting on the frontlines with heavy mech support

Hadn't played it for a couple of days then put it on today, done 1 mission and it crashed at the end with a black screen then couldn't find any parties through matchmaking, annoying.

Apart from the first couple of days I haven't been having many issues until now.

Managed to complete an operation on the highest difficulty. Wasn't exactly fun but got some decent rewards out of it.

Server cap increased from 450K to 700K in prep for weekend exigency:

Helldivers 2 developer Arrowhead has raised the game’s server cap to a whopping 700,000 concurrent users as it braces itself for another weekend of massive player numbers.

Above cap bump comes with fix for cinematic softlock:

Full notes:

...for our brave Divers on the front lines!

🔧 Fixes
We have raised the server cap!
Fixed issue where some players would get stuck in cinematics for an extended period of time.

🧠 Known Issues
These are issues that were either introduced by this patch and are being worked on, or are from a previous version and have not yet been fixed.

No text is present for the Requisitions and Social Menu on the Player HUD
PS5 players may encounter error code 10003001 on the login screen.
Login rate limiting when many are logging in at the same time.
Players can become disconnected during play.
Rewards and other progress may be delayed or not attributed.
Various UI issues may appear when the game interacts with servers.
Pick-up of certain objects in-game may cause characters to freeze in place for an extended period of time.
Some games would not be joinable by others for a short period of time during heavy load.
Other unknown behaviors may occur.
Japanese VO is missing from intro cutscene and Ship TV.
Armor values for light/medium/heavy armor do not currently function as intended.

Have a glorious and liberating weekend Helldivers!
See you on the battlefield

Max Carlberg Release Manager

What's the MM latest for the krew and getting missions done? Better?

Also, love this:

They upped the CCU count to 700k and by the looks of it is helping a lot for people along with the AFK kicker

They upped the CCU count to 700k and by the looks of it is helping a lot for people along with the AFK kicker
Yeah, sounds about right. Arrowhead has officially called the weekend a success:

Helldivers 2's developer declares the weeked a success, with the game’s servers handling all players "without problem."

Fuckin' Sony just stumbles into success.

Microsoft - Okay, here's Bethesda brand new hundred gillion dollar RPG. Tanks.

Sony - Oh' here's a sequel to some forgettable indie game from like ten years ago. Lights the world on fire.

Lulz.
if only they could get so lucky w/ their movies

Back