PlayStation Helldivers II

doing helldive groups consistently now to the point where i think i need to go back down to hard to go for a green sample grind to fill out my ship upgrades, have the eagle and two sentry ones done and a handful of others but to do the orbital ones i need a lot of greens

still feel like the warbond medal grind is the limiting factor, whereas the the requisition slips are really easy and have all those unlocked and then some, have only spent 45$ so far but getting to the point where i think i need to get another warbond package but not sure which one to get now that the jar and fire breaker have been buffed and it seems like the sickle is very nice to run

this is a really good game, having the most fun in a while on this one

Transmog not in the stars on principle:

“It doesn't make sense—equipment looks different because it has different effects. Swapping one for the other is like having an apple that tastes like bacon.”

Title still on fire, Shinobi updates:

Helldivers 2 continues to be the best selling premium game in the US in 2024.

The game is currently ranked 7th in lifetime dollar sales for a Sony published title after just two months since launch.

Via @MatPiscatella / Circana (NPD).

#Helldivers2 #PlayStation

Don't know if anyone has seen this tweet but it is the biggest "Fuck you" to Escape From Tarkov ever.
If you know the references, you know.
LOLHD2.jpg

I don't own the game yet but was wondering why are PC gamers so mad about needing to sign up for PSN? Other companies do it like Microsoft, Capcom, Blizzard, Ubisoft, etc. There's a ton of drama online regarding it and even people review bombing the game on Steam. I follow Sony PlayStation news quite a bit so this comes as a surprise to me. I never thought signing up is that big of a deal when I play other online titles. What is it about this one in particular that has people furious?

I don't own the game yet but was wondering why are PC gamers so mad about needing to sign up for PSN? Other companies do it like Microsoft, Capcom, Blizzard, Ubisoft, etc. There's a ton of drama online regarding it and even people review bombing the game on Steam. I follow Sony PlayStation news quite a bit so this comes as a surprise to me. I never thought signing up is that big of a deal when I play other online titles. What is it about this one in particular that has people furious?

Signing up PSN is console gamer shit, the PC Master Race shouldn't be forced to associate with them

At least that's the issue I have with it

Yea but PC gamers hate that kind of stuff so HD2 is going to catch their fury. As it becomes the norm games will just be judged as is.

It was on the Steam page for ages before release that one was needed but they waived that for the time being whilst they had the server problems at the time of release

I don't own the game yet but was wondering why are PC gamers so mad about needing to sign up for PSN?

Sonys not content with touting monthly active users to current and potential investors. They want(not need) additional registered PSN growth metrics from a game that previously didnt require it.

Pc gamers in general are against bloated systems that are redundant.

Sonys not content with touting monthly active users to current and potential investors. They want(not need) additional registered PSN growth metrics from a game that previously didnt require it.

Pc gamers in general are against bloated systems that are redundant.
Sure but every company does that and yet none get the response we see here. It's an overreaction. Every app requires an account that you have on your phone. Sony will implement there trophy system as well so it looks like they want to build an ecosystem along with the consoles. Ghost of Tsushima out this month will also require a sign-up and feature trophy support.

Signing up PSN is console gamer shit, the PC Master Race shouldn't be forced to associate with them

At least that's the issue I have with it
Why bother buying any game associated with Sony then? Wouldn't it be more consistent to just boycott them if that's the case?

Seems weird to be like "I'm going to give Sony my hard earned money but signing up for a free app that takes 30 seconds is where I draw the line."

Yea but PC gamers hate that kind of stuff so HD2 is going to catch their fury. As it becomes the norm games will just be judged as is.
Maybe it's just outrage culture is bigger than it ever has been. You've got every YouTube and Twitch account trying to profit off views and so they drive the negativity as much as possible for engagement. Microsoft, Blizzard, etc are already established so maybe that's why people don't think about them doing the same thing. Sony just wants a piece of that and I already heard Ghost of Tsushima will require PSN as well for online play. I wonder if we will get more outrage in a couple of weeks.

Sure but every company does that and yet none get the response we see here. It's an overreaction. Every app requires an account that you have on your phone. Sony will implement there trophy system as well so it looks like they want to build an ecosystem along with the consoles. Ghost of Tsushima out this month will also require a sign-up and feature trophy support.

Please provide an example of the community being happy that a game is getting pulled off the steam store and is switching to an exclusive launcher.

Please provide an example of the community being happy that a game is getting pulled off the steam store and is switching to an exclusive launcher.
Sony doesn't even have a launcher and nothing is being removed from Steam. Also, never said anyone was "happy". What is this post? Nothing here is true.

Back