Help I think I'm getting divorced

If that was Sherdog’s counseling office there would be a Brazzers logo in the corner, so I’ve been told during my research projects.

Brazzers wasn’t part of the legendary casting couch was it? Thought they were different companies or whatever. Just listen to TS Jerry Springer story.

First step is whiskey.

Then get Tinder and a hobby.

How long were you divorced? What changed to make you go back with each other and how are things today?
Spoiler:Wall of text incoming :
I was divorced from her for over 3 years before we got back together. If you asked me 3 years ago if I would ever get back with her I'd say hell no. When we did divorce it was amicable as a divorce could possibly be. I won't get into the nitty gritty but can be honest enough to say I was very immature and shared a good portion of the blame in the marriage deteriorating. My drive in life(career, overall ambition) was an all time low when we were going through this. We started drifting apart and not seeing eye to eye on a lot of things. Years later she admits that she shouldn't have wanted to end things but instead put more effort into salvaging the marriage. Sometime last year we reconnected and realized we had unfinished businesses. After ending our current relationships we decided to give it ago. I basically said in order for this to legit work we would need to do the following :
  • We do individual counseling
  • We both do couples counseling
  • We re-integrate with each other's friends and family
  • We identify the key issues that ended up causing our divorce, ask each other for forgiveness, and ensure we both work together to not replicate same problems
Those were my terms to ensure we would be setup for success and she agreed to it. It's taken months to work through these items and as a result we have a much better relationship and have done a complete 180 from 3 years ago. I've dated several women post divorce and at the end of the day none of them held a candle to her. When you been with someone for almost a decade it's hard to shake them out of your mind. I'm just fortunate enough to have the opportunity to start new and approach things with more pragmatism. Either that or I'm a complete moron... Time will tell hah

Yeah, because seeing other people automatically solves their marriage woes, right?

Great idea! Burden another person/relationship with your baggage, especially since people are super logical and emotionally stable after a divorce.
Lol another poster with zero reading comprehension. Did I SAY they should see other people? Oh what's that, no I fucking didn't? You just like jumping to conclusions and putting words in peoples mouths? Cool, we didn't have enough posters like that we definitely needed more.

Anyway, if either of them are already seeing other people it's probably beyond working out t that point, since they've already transferred all of their emotions and giving a shit to that person. Which is why I asked.

Don't bother with a lawyer, she will get everything regardless.

Have being single again.

My divorce was very amicable...you should move out fast...if you think things are gonna be messy, get a lawyer...if not try to work it out with minimal lawyer involvement...be civil for your daughter, it will make your life so much easier and less stressful...immediately get on a dating app, and bang, bro...

Lawyer up!

Google "[your state] bar association Lawyer Referral Service"
Contact them and ask for a divorce lawyer
Is it uncontested? You can say you are looking for a low cost attorney.
It could still cost quite a bit to file all the paper work

Get a lawyer. (Protect yourself at all times)
Get laid as much as possible. This should make you feel good as you wade through shit. You can just think about all dem ladies. I know a divorced guy who frickin goes to orgies (more or less), it's hilarious. He's so happy. Not my style but just lol and whatever, he's happy.
Whether you're bitter or not, live well. It can be a good thing, and also revenge

Step one, keep breathing, step two, pray, step three, stay positive, lastly, put one foot in front of the other. I know this shit sounds simple and basic, but sometimes that’s all you need..

Divorces happen. Fortunately, most women aren't the demons sherdog likes to describe. If it was me, I'd make a list for myself of what I wanted out of the divorce. I'd mark some items as negotiable (like, furniture etc.) and some as non-negotiable (shared custody of my kids). Then I'd ask my wife to sit down with me and see if we could come to a reasonable agreement (of course this would require a scenario where this is possible). I'd be prepared to be fairly generous on some counts (for instance, I'd take the hassle of moving out on myself - she can stay with the kids) but not on others. I'd make sure to have a good, long think about what is important to me and what isn't before taking any action.

I've never been divorced but my dad has been through some tough ones. I have two good friends (man and woman) who fell in love and moved in together and then the man's ex suddenly went insane and started making all sorts of demands on them and manipulating them through the guy's daughter (the guy and his ex split up years before he got together with the new girl so it's really weird). I didn't really think bitches from hell existed before that but now I do, -*sigh*.

Research best way to poison someone on an untraceable computer/account.

Be polite, don't be nice. It almost never works. Lawyer.

You should probably get a lawyer. Don't believe anything she says about it being amicable. She's gonna hose you as bad as she can just like every other woman in the world.

I did work for a guy who lost everything in a divorce. Except his horses. He had a ranch which she got. So he was homeless with two horses and she wouldn't even let him keep them at the ranch.
Wow, some people are ruthless. Reading that made me feel awful lol

Wow, some people are ruthless. Reading that made me feel awful lol

The guy ended up living in a trailer in the backyard of a friend's house because his friend had stables for the horses.

Lol another poster with zero reading comprehension. Did I SAY they should see other people? Oh what's that, no I fucking didn't? You just like jumping to conclusions and putting words in peoples mouths? Cool, we didn't have enough posters like that we definitely needed more.

Anyway, if either of them are already seeing other people it's probably beyond working out t that point, since they've already transferred all of their emotions and giving a shit to that person. Which is why I asked.
Not necessarily. It’ll make things a heck of a lot more difficult, but not impossible.

I’m a fan of seeing marriages work out their issues. In other words, I admire when people don’t just take the easy way out.

Not necessarily. It’ll make things a heck of a lot more difficult, but not impossible.

I’m a fan of seeing marriages work out their issues. In other words, I admire when people don’t just take the easy way out.
Same here. Part of why I said you shouldn't jump to conclusions. However, once the other person is seeing someone else and says they won't work to fix it at all, that's pretty much the end of things. In my experience, most of the time when a divorce happens someone is already seeing someone else.

She's really dishonest with money and makes next to nothing at her job, so whenever I let her have my card I only get it back when I throw a fit because I discover it's in the red with a bunch of overdraft fees, etc....

Stop lending your card immediately. And make sure you pay off any joint debts now, before a divorce.

In don't know the specific rules in your jurisdiction, but most places, the lenders can go after both of you for a joint debt *even if she has agreed otherwise in the divorce agreement*. That means her future missed payments can put you on the hook and/or screw your credit.

Back