Help me find Samurai movie please?

Well I feel like talking about the katana and you will listen. The katana is a relatively short blade for its weight and has poor hand protection. It is also made from shitty steel.

That and your statement "they're effectively the same" leads me to believe that you think all european swords are the same?

Japanese steel wasn't as good, but that's why they folded their blades, to get the impurities out of the steel.

I agree with the other guy, European and Japanese swords are about equal, all things considered. They have their differences, but each has strengths and weaknesses over the other.

Now speaking about sword fighting STYLES, I've come to really appreciate European sword fighting systems. I always assumed Samurai techniques were superior (probably because of movies) but those European styles were really, really good too.

You need this in your life.

Theres more Miike style to it than that trailer lets on as well, as with Zatoichi I think its a good example of a director making a fun accessible samurai film without giving up on what makes him individual.

As far as the OP goes the 80's and 90's are a bit of a dead zone in terms of Samurai films, that really was the era of the Yakuza crime thriller and its only really with the success of The Twilight Samurai in 2001 that I think you see the former genre really make a big comeback.

this it?

qPls3ot.jpg
JvLBQs.jpg

You need this in your life.

This movie was awesome, one of the best scenes was when the tyrant lord felt pain the first time in his life during the raid from being impaled by a sword or rebar, and the protagonist goes "YOU CAN FEEL PAIN MUDDAFAKKA?" (okay he didn't say muddafakka, but he basically said it with the tone)

The part where the tyrant and his boys rape (off camera), sever the limbs and tongue off some peasant girl cause her old man didn't pay increased taxes was pretty disturbing.

Then there was the crazy borderline immortal dude who just wanna bang, and got desperate to get off so he nailed some enemy dude in the battlefield

Last edited:
Dude!!! This looks like it!! Whats it called so i can youtube!?!?#?
So that narrows it. That uniform was used by a historical group of Samurai known as the Shinsengumi. From that era there are two movies with them that I can think of; When the Last Sword is Drawn and Taboo

That actual image I posted was from a historical mini series title Shinsengumi

Dude!!! This looks like it!! Whats it called so i can youtube!?!?#?
So that narrows it. That uniform was used by a historical group of Samurai known as the Shinsengumi. From that era there are two movies with them that I can think of; When the Last Sword is Drawn and Taboo

god damn we got a samurai expert over here.

this might help as well
https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?keywords=Shinsengumi&sort=num_votes,desc

so i looked up taboo and its not taboo. taboo is way too new. this movie was a lot older. it was def an older movie im thinking of. imma look more into some live action shinsengumi fights from 70 80s movies...

Once upon a time i saw like a 5 minute clip of a movie on here I think. It was like 5 samurai type dudes wearing similar colored clothes, like blue and white style and they rolled into this house i think and there was a CRAZY sword fight. people were getting sliced and chopped left and right.... the fighting style was not what i was used to seeing in movies. very raw. violent but not totally unbelievable like lone wolf and cub (shogun assassin) anyone know what im talking about? thank you.
It was not Samurai Cop.

Taboo is ghey!
Butt, ghey is not taboo!
'tis the Berry!

I assume you are talking about the standard long sword since that is he equivalent weapon. I assume you think all Japanese swords the same then? Hint, they weren’t and they had variations as well.

The shitty steel argument is the cop out answer I see all the time. So are you saying that the katana is better if you make it out of European steel? Japan has limited natural resources, this is known. The katana forging process was a very clever way they developed to mitigate this factor

Yes except size I do think that all Japanese swords are quite similar in design.

And no even if you replace the steel the katana is still a shit tier sword for the reasons above. Oh and I forgot: it is a poor thruster as well.

The katana is a very good cutter though I admit.

This movie was awesome, one of the best scenes was when the tyrant lord felt pain the first time in his life during the raid from being impaled by a sword or rebar, and the protagonist goes "YOU CAN FEEL PAIN MUDDAFAKKA?" (okay he didn't say muddafakka, but he basically said it with the tone)

The part where the tyrant and his boys rape (off camera), sever the limbs and tongue off some peasant girl cause her old man didn't pay increased taxes was pretty disturbing.

Then there was the crazy borderline immortal dude who just wanna bang, and got desperate to get off so he nailed some enemy dude in the battlefield
He was a forest spirit

Back