Media Henry Cejudo on return to MMA: "I'm after the cheddar, bro"

Very true, and he keeps saying he wants to make cheddar, but then why retire??!, he was the champ so he would have been making money, not to mention all the sponsors who are all over you when you're the champ. lol baffling, I don't think he thought this all through properly at all

Attachments

• cat-fail.gif
    cat-fail.gif
    356.2 KB · Views: 5
If he's serious why haven't we heard anything about him being in the testing pool? No one's waiting around 6 months for an experiment, definitely not the Champ.

No more exemption like for Brock...

Dana White is making an example out of Henry. He wants to be paid for his talents and accomplishments. Dana will only pay based on how big of a draw he is. Those two things do not line up.
Fair or unfair, CCC should be capable of understanding that. Even more, he should have grasped that before deciding to retire.

I want to see Petyr Yan , in a huge ppv, just walk through this - imo- overrated " legend".
Volk beats this guy with one arm tIed behind his back .

Cejudo , another fighter, where everything lined up for him perfectly along with a couple of controversial wins and walks away at the perfect time .

* I thought he lost to DJ .... again ( but that's me).

CCC ok draw but not like GSP. Unless there is a lucky opening unlikely UFC puts to much cheddar out for Cejudo. Less than his champ purse. A good win could improve but both his divisions have contenders. Volk a little to big unless Henry really bulked up but then he would probably sacrifice endurance. Volk could just out work him until he gasses. Unfortunately he is in line now unless gets a lucky substitute fight. CCC could make a run at title at BW or fly w. But needs a win or lucky timing.

For Henry to become a draw. He needs to move up two weight classes to 145 or 155 to trounce people. Folks like the small guy slaying giants narrative

i dunno, cejudo was the guy who got rid of Mighty Mouse, dana's most hated champ.

he basically reinvigorated the entire division with that win lol, wheres the love dana?

i dont understand why he can't throw money at guys that are 2 div champs and have a gold medal at the olympics? if you can't market that and make money, then maybe you suck as a promoter.

This retirement seems like a big waste of time.

i dunno, cejudo was the guy who got rid of Mighty Mouse, dana's most hated champ.

he basically reinvigorated the entire division with that win lol, wheres the love dana?

i dont understand why he can't throw money at guys that are 2 div champs and have a gold medal at the olympics? if you can't market that and make money, then maybe you suck as a promoter.
The people are never going to be as intersted in Cejudo as they would be in UFC's top earners. You cannot MAKE the people care. If UFC could do that,theyd be the biggest sport in the world. UFC can only attempt to enhance and showcase whats already there.

Conor was able to secure a boxing match with Mayweather. Cejudo out there campaigning to get a fight w Canelo,but no one cares. Boxing doesnt even know who the fuck Cejudo is. That is not the ufc's fault.

The people are never going to be as intersted in Cejudo as they would be in UFC's top earners. You cannot MAKE the people care. If UFC could do that,theyd be the biggest sport in the world. UFC can only attempt to enhance and showcase whats already there.

Conor was able to secure a boxing match with Mayweather. Cejudo out there campaigning to get a fight w Canelo,but no one cares. Boxing doesnt even know who the fuck Cejudo is. That is not the ufc's fault.

ye im not sure i agree with that at all. cejudo promotes himself well enough (TMZ appearances aplenty) and he's an accomplished competitor. he's willing to be corny and cut promos that get people talking. speaks spanish to boot, so im finding it hard to see why there wasn't a push for him or a earnings bump.

he took risks and accomplished a lot. his resume is legendary, he has wins over 3 hall of famers and he left on top.

I'm curious about those Junkie popularity stats now...

ye im not sure i agree with that at all. cejudo promotes himself well enough (TMZ appearances aplenty) and he's an accomplished competitor. he's willing to be corny and cut promos that get people talking. speaks spanish to boot, so im finding it hard to see why there wasn't a push for him or a earnings bump.

he took risks and accomplished a lot. his resume is legendary, he has wins over 3 hall of famers and he left on top.
The way he left was stupid. He could have earned a bump without leaving the sport,or even relinquishing his title. What has he done since he left that makes him worth more to the UFC than beforehand?

Back