Here is what I saw as a boxing guy

LOL!

I hate Conor and was saying from the get go that Mayweather would win easily.

You sound like a Floyd nuthugger. Don't lie, you were jumping around like an idiot last night screaming "hard work!" and hash tagging social media posts with #moneyteam weren't you?
You don't know anything about me.

I fucking hate floyd and conor

I'm just talking from reality.

Conor was shit in there and Floyd carried him.

Evander Holyfield is on record saying it was a close fight. I'll take his word over some random Sherdogger who probably talked mad shit about Conor before the fight.

Had it been Floyd in the cage, he would not have lasted one round.

no, a sherdogger who "knows shit about boxing" knows may more than Holyfield, or Andre Ward.

Ward basically told mayweather to retire FOR GOOD because of this fight.

ok so last night was fun. Drinking, watching the fight whatever the fuck

Anyways.

I saw conor come out really hard the first threeish rounds. Throwing a ton of punches ( a few blatantly illegal but eh, he was trying to win).

In those three rounds i watched floyd do, what he has done to every opponent he has ever had. Analyze. Sit back and let his opponent do his thing until floyd goes on the attack. I had conor up 2-1 after three ( i believe the judges had floyd ahead 2-1 on the cards)

Than.......it got embarrassing.

First off all I kept hearing was conors un-orthodox technique and how it was gonna give floyd problems.......I dont want to talk shit to much but cmon......he was god awful from a technique standpoint.

Second we all know about conors gassing problems but he looked fucking done in the middle of round 4. His technique was already pretty terrible but it was getting worse and worse as the fight went on.

Arms flailing, mouth open, chin up. And than from about rounds 4-10, floyd beat the absolute living shit out of him.

And than conor got stopped..... yes floyd is the best boxer since sweet pea, but still. He hasn't been considered a knockout artist since his days as a super featherweight, is 40 years old and has been retired for two years.....and conor looked about 20 pounds heavier.

Conors un orthodox technique....absolutely non existent. He looked awful.

Speaking as a conor fan in mma..........

Sorry guys. I see no moral victories here. As soon as floyd turned it on it was embarrassing and the skill gap was lunacy......waste of time imo
To say he was gassed from 4 onwards is an exaggeration, Floyd was winning but there were several competitive rounds. As a fellow 'boxing guy', I was very impressed by Conor's jab and footwork. He's an amateur who doesn't know how to pace 12 rounds and got progressively sloppy. Better than I expected though for sure.

Floyd looked old.

As a Conor MMA fan (not dick rider at all) I'd agree with most of how you described the fight. I thought he showed signs of gassing in the third.
Once he showed that, I knew it was a matter of time before Floyd turned it up and went to work. I enjoyed the fight for what it was, I've got no complaints.

Anyways.

I saw conor come out really hard the first threeish rounds. Throwing a ton of punches ( a few blatantly illegal but eh, he was trying to win).

In those three rounds i watched floyd do, what he has done to every opponent he has ever had. Analyze. Sit back and let his opponent do his thing until floyd goes on the attack. I had conor up 2-1 after three ( i believe the judges had floyd ahead 2-1 on the cards)

First off all I kept hearing was conors un-orthodox technique and how it was gonna give floyd problems.......I dont want to talk shit to much but cmon......he was god awful from a technique standpoint.

Second we all know about conors gassing problems but he looked fucking done in the middle of round 4. His technique was already pretty terrible but it was getting worse and worse as the fight went on.

Arms flailing, mouth open, chin up. And than from about rounds 4-10, floyd beat the absolute living shit out of him.

And than conor got stopped..... yes floyd is the best boxer since sweet pea, but still. He hasn't been considered a knockout artist since his days as a super featherweight, is 40 years old and has been retired for two years.....and conor looked about 20 pounds heavier.

Sorry guys. I see no moral victories here. As soon as floyd turned it on it was embarrassing and the skill gap was lunacy......waste of time imo
flloyd confirmed whay ive been saying on here for a while.. mma is a amateur sport

if you're saying a majority of people predicted conor to win, they didn't.

I'm saying most people wanted it so bad that they'll come up with almost anything to discredit an impressive win. It's pathetic.

It took the self proclaimed best ever 10 rounds to put away an amateur.

Boxing purists were trying to say crazy shit like Conor wouldn't land a single punch.

Yes, Conor got schooled like virtually everyone assumed he would, but I think he did better than most thought he would.

boxing purists/trolls are out in full force making excuses for boxing, but this is the truth.

I'm saying most people wanted it so bad that they'll come up with almost anything to discredit an impressive win. It's pathetic.

How impressive is it really? Vs Thurman or even Broner, yeah, impressive. VS Conor, I can't say it is. he should have finished him by round 5.

to quote an old snl skit "That's like Wilt Chamberlain playing stephen hawking in basketball and only winning by 3 points"

no, a sherdogger who "knows shit about boxing" knows may more than Holyfield, or Andre Ward.

Ward basically told mayweather to retire FOR GOOD because of this fight.
They have beef don't they?

You don't know anything about me.

I fucking hate floyd and conor

I'm just talking from reality.

Conor was shit in there and Floyd carried him.

You assumed first, buddy. Don't be mad now. You continuing to repeat things doesn't make them true. Floyd came out more aggressive early last night than he normally does but when he came forward early last night he was getting tagged. That's when he went into his defensive shell to weather the storm. Looked like he had every intention of trying to put Conor away early but realized that wasn't a smart plan. That's what makes Floyd so great. The guy is a brilliant boxer and can adjust on the fly. But carrying Conor? Yeah, that's nut hugging bullshit.

Where's your jiu jitsu now, playboy?

How impressive is it really? Vs Thurman or even Broner, yeah, impressive. VS Conor, I can't say it is. he should have finished him by round 5.

Uh huh and what did you say before the fight? Be honest.

Mayweather fought how he has always fought. He didn't have age on his side, his speed has diminished and he still did what he said he was gonna do. Can't say the same for McGregor. It's impressive. Go cry in your sour grapes.

I said this before the fight and I'll say it again. The ONLY reason mcgregor got in the boxing ring was because he fought somebody 20 lbs smaller and supposedly feather fisted....and he still got stopped.

I'll admit mcgregor looked better than I expected but if he was against somebody closer to his own size and age he would of gotten slept period.

By round 8 it looked like a welterweight bullying a super middleweight seriously embarrassing.

The moral victory is that he's the first UFC fighter to truly transcend the promotion, to the point that Floyd came out of retirement to fight him. And now he's tens of millions of dollars richer than he was prior to this fight. Is he gonna be a top boxer now? No, but who really gives a shit.

It was a fun fight, but the more I reflect, the more it seems obvious: Floyd was toying with Conor basically the entire fight.

neither holyfield or ward have beef with mayweather or with each other
Ahh k.

Well Floyd whole point was even though he's out of his prime he still has enough to kick conor's ass.

For as bad as he looked, he was never in trouble I mean.... He was still quick and reflexes didn't seem shot.

Great to hear at least one logical person not trying to give props for Conor's heart. He doesn't give a shit about the fans. He did it all for himself. And he wasn't winning the fight at first on his terms. It's like none of his fans watch any other fighter. It was clear that Mayweather was doing a feel-out period. If Conor's power and technique were throwing Floyd off, he wouldn't have kept moving forward. It was a clinic the moment that fight started. I don't see why anyone's saying that Conor was impressive and represented MMA well.
Boxing 101. He took him to school like he said he would

I said this before the fight and I'll say it again. The ONLY reason mcgregor got in the boxing ring was because he fought somebody 20 lbs smaller and supposedly feather fisted....and he still got stopped.

I'll admit mcgregor looked better than I expected but if he was against somebody closer to his own size and age he would of gotten slept period.

By round 8 it looked like a welterweight bullying a super middleweight seriously embarrassing.
Are you sure the hundreds of millions of dollars wasnt a small factor?

Also you boxing fans are comparing 0-0 boxer Conor Mcgregor to the best boxers in the world, which is retarded. Maybe you boxing purists wouldnt be so outraged if you considered the context of Conor being an MMA fighter winning rounds vs Mr undefeated "best ever". So he did do pretty fucking well.

Anyways.

You're not a boxing guy - just another Conor hater. 1) actual boxing guys knew Conor would lose and were surprised and somewhat impressed that he actually managed to land 100 punches. 2) though Conor was stopped, it was from exhaustion more than punishment, he didn't get "the living shit beat out of him" and seemed fine a few minutes after the fight when he had caught his breath. 3) the reason Conor gassed is because trying to go 12 rounds in your first professional boxing match is pretty insane - Floyd himself had 4 four-round fights to start off his career and didn't fight for 12 until his 19th fight. If you were really a boxing guy, you'd know this.

You're not a boxing guy - just another Conor hater. 1) actual boxing guys knew Conor would lose and were surprised and somewhat impressed that he actually managed to land 100 punches. 2) though Conor was stopped, it was from exhaustion more than punishment, he didn't get "the living shit beat out of him" and seemed fine a few minutes after the fight when he had caught his breath. 3) the reason Conor gassed is because trying to go 12 rounds in your first professional boxing match is pretty insane - Floyd himself had 4 four-round fights to start off his career and didn't fight for 12 until his 19th fight. If you were really a boxing guy, you'd know this.
{<jordan}

Back