Heroes of Might & Magic

Trabaho

Mighty
@Black
Reaction score
Who loves this game. I always love fantasy genre cause of this. All games I loved playing were fantasy.

Shall we put in some Elve, Orc and Sorcerer costumes and celebrate ?

Fantasy genre is so diverse and can go in so many directions.

I hate when a game only has like 2-3 generic factions. Well that can be good too, if done deep.

I don't play video games no more but this has got to be my all time favorite.

Any Homm3 lovers out here ?

3 was iconic. 5 was really good. Didn't care to play the rest. 6 was pretty bad.

One of the greatest strategy games ever made. Maybe the closest thing to chess ever created in TBS. That's why it is still played passionately by tens of thousands of players around the world to this day.

The only games that routinely register on the Twitch Top 50, other than Poker and Chess, that were made 11+ years ago:
  1. World of Warcraft (2003)
  2. Heroes of Might & Magic III (1999)

And unlike WoW, with HoMM3, those viewers aren't watching a completely different game than the one played at its release.

Who loves this game. I always love fantasy genre cause of this. All games I loved playing were fantasy.

I hate when a game only has like 2-3 generic factions. Well that can be good too, if done deep.

3 was iconic. 5 was really good. Didn't care to play the rest. 6 was pretty bad.
Was this also a boardgame? I feel like this is something I enjoyed many many years ago.

remember days going by quickly when playing Heros III.
I remember i used to like getting Zounds of Halflings in Heros II and go fight people, hahaha

If you haven't tried yet, try a fan made mod
called Horn Of The Abyss. It adds a new town Cove and some minor balancing things like making Inferno town playable and you can actually reject heroe skills at the witch hunt. It's for Heroes 3

Heroes III is a classic. Still the best Heroes game to this day in my opinion.

If you haven't tried yet, try a fan made mod
called Horn Of The Abyss. It adds a new town Cove and some minor balancing things like making Inferno town playable and you can actually reject heroe skills at the witch hunt. It's for Heroes 3

Of course I know it bro. New faction "The Cove". Never played it but read all the stats and features. You can just read homm you don't even gotta play it.

I also visit the forum, Age of.... Can't promo other forums on this one.

Cove is a sweet faction. Pirates and water beasts. Really good.

There's also Homm HD, bought it only played 1 unfinished game with my brother.

That's the thing. Homm 3 games take more then a day to complete. I guess simulationious turns can help it.

I enjoy reading watching it. My brother still watches the matches. I stopped watching. But it's my game forever.

Lost countles hours on it. I think I played it the first time +20 years ago. I actually remeber I did. Magical game.

One of the greatest strategy games ever made. Maybe the closest thing to chess ever created in TBS. That's why it is still played passionately by tens of thousands of players around the world to this day.

The only games that routinely register on the Twitch Top 50, other than Poker and Chess, that were made 11+ years ago:
  1. World of Warcraft (2003)
  2. Heroes of Might & Magic III (1999)

And unlike WoW, with HoMM3, those viewers aren't watching a completely different game than the one played at its release.
Sweet that people still play it. It's unmatched.
Was this also a boardgame? I feel like this is something I enjoyed many many years ago.

Nope. Never heard of a board game version. Maybe you mean something Dungeons and Dragons. I think they got board games

I would always lose to my brother and suffer punishment. The loser would get some punishment.

I would just wait forever in my area. Everyone plays homm wrong till you watch the pros do it. Then it's like what the hell, I played this for decades wrong.

I used to always pick exp out of chests instead gold.

But staying to long near your starting point is a sure way to lose.

But you wanna like pick up everything and wait end of the week to recruit the final army, then upgrade. And weeks go by and you're way way behind.

It’s a fun game and it’s just as fun today as it was 20 years ago. I don’t think it’s a particularly balanced game or has very much nuanced strategy to it tbh.

It’s a fun game and it’s just as fun today as it was 20 years ago. I don’t think it’s a particularly balanced game or has very much nuanced strategy to it tbh.

The balance lies in the unbalance. Make the most of the chaos. The top players keep winning.

Strategy wise it's very diverse. A lot of it is sort of out of your control but in a weird way you control everything.

I love the design. It's childhood memories. The music is epic.

Last edited:
sir mullich with diplomacy and extra logistics won me soo many games
azure dragons joining your army is OP
one of the GOAT games

Loved it always chose the race with titans due to shooting from a distance or the race with behomeths since you could literally build the cave within 2 weeks

I use to play the Migh and Magic rpg games and I blame Heroes of Might & Magic for them discontinuing the rpg series. I wasnt much into HoMM style.

Then you have no idea how to play it at a high level. I'm sorry, this is ignorant.

Go play Beastr0 in a MP match.

Then you have no idea how to play it at a high level. I'm sorry, this is ignorant.

Go play Beastr0 in a MP match.
Lmao. No I don't that's true since I haven't played it in like 15-20 years. Some dude on the internet being better at it than me doesn't mean its some masterful strategy game. Come on now, that was actually ignorant.

Lmao. No I don't that's true since I haven't played it in like 15-20 years. Some dude on the internet being better at it than me doesn't mean its some masterful strategy game. Come on now, that was actually ignorant.
There's a reason Russians have been crazy about this game for two decades. The considerations for every move are profoundly intricate, and you will observe that if you tune into his stream to watch him play an online match. I used to think I was good because I wiped the floor with all the hardest campaign maps and expansion instances, but then I watched just one battle from one of the top tournaments, and I discovered how pathetic my play is from their micromanagement of troops in battles alone. Did you even play with a visible hex grid? Anyone who doesn't play with that is trash. You aren't counting movement squares with every single troop turn.

And that's the easy part. The hard part is chaining movement of heroes for troop exchanges, deciding where to go, and which battles will likely yield favorable resources according to your current command without sacrificing too much of your heroes' movement, or losing too many troops (this is decided in the context of your top heroes, your artifacts, your best troop stacks, your faction, and the faction you're against, specifically your enemy's best hero). You also have to consider where your opponent is going to break through, where he can reach, and how vulnerable you are leaving your defenses in those places. Often, you have to calculate these considerations weeks in advance according to the layout of the map.

It's incredibly complex. Like I said, tune in for one of his games. He's one of the strongest streamers who plays the game who explains what he's doing, and does so in English (almost all of the top players are Eastern Europeans).
Twitch Channel: beastr0

Oh jeez... I need to play this again now

Back