Heroes of Might & Magic

Lmao. No I don't that's true since I haven't played it in like 15-20 years. Some dude on the internet being better at it than me doesn't mean its some masterful strategy game. Come on now, that was actually ignorant.

It means that the top guys constantly win. Calculated risks. That's proof for skills. Winners aren't random

There's a reason Russians have been crazy about this game for two decades. The considerations for every move are profoundly intricate, and you will observe that if you tune into his stream to watch him play an online match. I used to think I was good because I wiped the floor with all the hardest campaign maps and expansion instances, but then I watched just one battle from one of the top tournaments, and I discovered how pathetic my play is from their micromanagement of troops in battles alone. Did you even play with a visible hex grid? Anyone who doesn't play with that is trash. You aren't counting movement squares with every single troop turn.

And that's the easy part. The hard part is chaining movement of heroes for troop exchanges, deciding where to go, and which battles will likely yield favorable resources according to your current command without sacrificing too much of your heroe's movement, or losing too many troops (this is decided in the context of your top heroes, your artifacts, your best troop stacks, your faction, and the faction you're against). You also have to consider where your opponent is going to break through, where he can reach, and how vulnerable you are leaving your defenses in those places. Often, you have to calculate these considerations weeks in advance according to the layout of the map.

It's incredibly complex. Like I said, tune in for one of his games. He's one of the strongest streamers who plays the game who explains what he's doing, and does so in English (almost all of the top players are Eastern Europeans).
Twitch Channel: beastr0

Was your name back in the day something like xtrainer ? I remember that avatar

Btw are you slavic

Was your name back in the day something like xtrainer ? I remember that avatar

Btw are you slavic
No, I wasn't him, and I'm not Slavic.

He had the same or similar AA avatar. And was mod too.
On Sherdog, or some other forum? I'm the only mod on Sherdog who has ever had this avatar. A few posters have lifted this avatar over the years. I made it myself from a screenshot I took, originally, from an AVI of the UFC of its origin, back in the day. I recall @Darth Arlovski was one. He shooped it to add two lightsabers in Arlovski's hands.

On Sherdog, or some other forum? I'm the only mod on Sherdog who has ever had this avatar. A few posters have lifted this avatar over the years. I made it myself from a screenshot I took, originally, from an AVI of the UFC of its origin, back in the day. I recall @Darth Arlovski was one. He shooped it to add two lightsabers in Arlovski's hands.

There was a mod here by the name xtrainer or so. If I remeber right he had a similar Arlovski avatar.

There was a mod here by the name xtrainer or so. If I remeber right he had a similar Arlovski avatar.
I don't recall a mod by that handle having ever been on Sherdog. Maybe it was a prank name/av-change for a day or something.

I don't recall a mod by that handle having ever been on Sherdog. Maybe it was a prank name-av change for a day or something.

Can we do a profile username search on sherdog ?

Or habe you been frequenting the dieting forum like 10 years ago. He was there. But maybe you were there too and I remmeber his name but your avatar.

Can we do a profile username search on sherdog ?

Or habe you been frequenting the dieting forum like 10 years ago. He was there. But maybe you were there too and I remmeber his name but your avatar.
Sure. There's no "Xtrainer" profile.

I used to play Might and Magic back in the 80s.

Hot Seat HoMM3 was a big part of my childhood, I played Sylvan when I wanted to be fair and Undead when I wanted to win. Played 5 and Clash of Heroes and then was kind of done, but lots of good memories.

Songs of Conquest came out recently and it might scratch that itch if you need something new.

Last edited:
Back