• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social "Hespect" - viewpoints on giving and getting "respect"?

Take Colby Covington as an example.

What's the UFC's true marketing strength?

Sex appeal.

Initially this dude was quietly spoken, ultra respectful etc etc, and the UFC were going to cut him.

Then he gets on the mic and basically disrespects the entire country of Brazil.

After which there was no WAY the UFC could cut him.

McGregor - how is he so popular?

He disrespects the hell out of everyone with reckless abandon, and with remarkable effectiveness - and he's polarizing.

Loved and hated.

This is coming from a dude who has a picture of some gang-star flipping the bird to the camera.

Smells like hypocrisy.
Firstly, I didn’t choose my AV 1 month ago like you did. I’ve had the same AV here since 2006. Also I’m born and raised in Los Angeles and am a lifelong fan of his work. 15 years ago I wasn’t the same person. Life taught me many valuable lessons on treating others the way I want to be treated. I would imagine you are quite young and still have a ways to go. Especially since your “dating technique” is one that likely works on girls not women. Also just to be clear I was no different in my early 20’s so I’m not here to fault you.

I feel like that is the path of the weak of heart and one who lacks confidence.

I choose to be respectful and it has taken me far in the pursuit of the opposite sex and especially in the business world. It has lead me deep in my pursuit of the martial arts. I started Boxing at 14 years old and Bjj in ‘04 became competitive in ‘06 and giving respect is the best way to in turn get it imho.

Similar here. I just try & be like I am. It's funny some can pull off swagger but that's never been my forte. So I abandoned it in favor of just being myself. Maybe letting people know some vulnerabilities also makes one a bit more human & approachable. Anyhow, I enjoy your posts. Hope you have a great week.

Everyone deserves the opportunity to earn your respect. Fewer and fewer people seem to succeed.

TS should hang out with that Eatmyshorts guy

Similar here. I just try & be like I am. It's funny some can pull off swagger but that's never been my forte. So I abandoned it in favor of just being myself. Maybe letting people know some vulnerabilities also makes one a bit more human & approachable. Anyhow, I enjoy your posts. Hope you have a great week.

It definitely makes motherfuckers more approachable, which is super important.

But critical to understand it for what it is.

"Villainy wears many masks, none more dangerous than virtue".

Not saying it's fabricated, I'm just saying the best hookers I ever knew looked like butter wouldn't melt in their mouth.

Respect everyone until someone shows you disrespect then realize they're a piece of shit and disrespect their dumb ass

Back