Hillary Gets Her Blackbelt.

Congratulation !
Definetly an inspiration for the younger belts out there. ;)

I don't like to turtle into running man position. I find people kimura me or go to the front and start working chokes. I try to prevent the back mount by keeping my elbows tight to my hips and head down. Whenever, people turtle like this on me I armbar or kimura them or I take the back without the hooks ala wrestler back control style. From all the Marcelo videos I watched I can take the back from just about everywhere even North South.

Wow. Oh wow.

This is either a very cleverly disguised troll attempt or it is pure noob hilarity.

How can I tell which!!?!?

You are a great role model for everyone out there Hillary, congrats!!!

Wonder how long 'til she fights MMA.

Wow. Oh wow.

This is either a very cleverly disguised troll attempt or it is pure noob hilarity.

How can I tell which!!?!?

well he is just enlightening us..
we don't need to train and put hours and hours into drilling and being competitive
we don't even need DVDs.. we got youtube!

you know..
I watched a show about brain surgery.. really good stuff
so the next time you or anyone know needing a brain surgeon.. let me know.. I will do it for a fraction of the cost. Under cutting them doctor's out!

watch out Hillary.. I'm going to watch some orthopedic surgeon videos and under cut you!!

:icon_chee

you know..
I watched a show about brain surgery.. really good stuff
so the next time you or anyone know needing a brain surgeon.. let me know.. I will do it for a fraction of the cost. Under cutting them doctor's out!

I can decompress acute subdural hematomas from anywhere, even north-south.

she already has IIRC. at least once. she whooped the poor girl.

nice. hope to see more of her down the line. if she picks up striking as fluidly as she picked up grappling, she'll be a fuggin monster.

That's not bad I guess. She has a blackbelt and an amazing competition record, and she is a future orthopedic surgeon, but I got some good one liners..sometimes...

I think we all know who came out on top here...

<----------- This guy.

remember you can pee standing up, that's something she can never take away from you. That alone is enough to make any woman, even a black belt jealous.

remember you can pee standing up, that's something she can never take away from you. That alone is enough to make any woman, even a black belt jealous.

I would have to vote you for the line of the day
too good

massive congratulations hillary, your grappling career has been seriously impressive

additionally you have managed to gain a tremendous amount of public support/fans in a really short period of time and i hope you can turn that into ongoing sponsorships and opportunities for yourself + help our sport to grow... + you're studying to be a fkn surgeon, honestly ppl like you sicken me with your overacheivement :icon_chee

Hillary, when i turtle from this position, I normally like to give up the near side hook, but instead of rolling to turtle, as soon as they go for the near side hook, i put my far hip on the ground rolling through the belly down position, back to face them into half-guard.

Obviously I need to protect my arms and not get gift-wrapped in the process, which is much harder to avoid in the Gi, But do you think that is a bad habit to be in. Or do you think that is a viable re-guard at the higher level. Thanks for you input.

Holy. I've been watching Hillary since she got her blue I think in 2006. And now here it is halfway through 2010 and she is a black belt. And no one can deny the legitimacy of that belt. Winning multiple black belt competitions as a brown belt.

Congrats Hillary!

img2722tp.jpg

img2723gc.jpg

Congratulations Hillary. I don't know much about the people in the photo. How many of the nine guys would Hillary beat in a sport BJJ match, regardless of weight and in MMA? I'm curious.

Back