Hockey Fans Thrown Out for "Racism"

This strikes me that the fans were playing a game of testing how easily triggered the player (and venue) were by chanting the most mildly racial statement they could come up with. I really don’t care that they got thrown out but the whole episode does reinforce the perception that we’re living in an age of special snowflakes where an inordinate percentage of grown adults possess the emotional maturity of first grade children.

Am I in b4 people say that all hockey fans are racist?

That crowd needs to police itself. Security should look the other way while someone kicks them dudes asses for being motherfucking assholes.

i have heard mix reviews from players about chiacgo treatment of their and other teams black players -- these things happen in cities you wouldnt expect it - boston, London, Ontario, boston (well boston now you would expect it)

Nashville welcomed PK Subban like he was the 2nd coming of bobby orr

Well I live in Chicago and I have never heard anything about that. It's a sports town who loves it's players when they are successful. There are some bad folks like these assholes but overall I don't think it's up there with Boston as far as racist fans. Every fan base has some bad ones.

This strikes me that the fans were playing a game of testing how easily triggered the player (and venue) were by chanting the most mildly racial statement they could come up with. I really don’t care that they got thrown out but the whole episode does reinforce the perception that we’re living in an age of special snowflakes where an inordinate percentage of grown adults possess the emotional maturity of first grade children.

Dude, there shouldn't be a tolerance bar for racism. Any level shouldn't be considered acceptable behavior.

Can you explain how chanting a known stereotype at a player because of their skin color isn't racist.

I guess before I called something a stereotype I would learn what the fuck I was talking about, but that's clearly not your style.

To start, if I was uneducated on the topic the first of about 75 questions (I know that number intimidates neanderthals, but, trust me, it only takes a few minutes to formulate and answer them all by someone who is of average intelligence) I would learn the answer to would be 'how many NBA players are there at any given time and, over some basic averages of time, what percentage of them are black?'

But, again, this would require at least a fucking modicum of ability to think critically. Instead, simpletons just cry racist. Not too smart, that's OK, just cry racism and get your participation trophy.

I figured it was just some retards yelling dumb shit. Then again, race isn't the first thing I think of in any given situation.

Man, you are either playing dumb or completely naive.

I figured it was just some retards yelling dumb shit. Then again, race isn't the first thing I think of in any given situation.

So, they just randomly chanted "basketball" at a hockey game. I'm not asking you to apply a racial explanation - just any credible explanation. Why are hockey fans chanting "basketball" at hockey players during a hockey game?

Dumb drunk fans surrounded by hockey fans, watching a hockey game, looking at hockey related imagery everywhere they turn decide to antagonize the opposing team's player with chants of a "unrelated sports equipment". Why do you suppose anyone would do this.

Why would a drunk football fan start chanting "Tennis racket" at the opposing team, for example?

I guess before I called something a stereotype I would learn what the fuck I was talking about, but that's clearly not your style.

To start, if I was uneducated on the topic the first of about 75 questions (I know that number intimidates neanderthals, but, trust me, it only takes a few minutes to formulate and answer them all by someone who is of average intelligence) I would learn the answer to would be 'how many NBA players are there at any given time and, over some basic averages of time, what percentage of them are black?'

But, again, this would require at least a fucking modicum of ability to think critically. Instead, simpletons just cry racist. Not too smart, that's OK, just cry racism and get your participation trophy.

You tried so hard with this response but still fail to answer the question in any way that supports your claim.

<36>

So, they just randomly chanted "basketball" at a hockey game. I'm not asking you to apply a racial explanation - just any credible explanation. Why are hockey fans chanting "basketball" at hockey players during a hockey game?

Dumb drunk fans surrounded by hockey fans, watching a hockey game, looking at hockey related imagery everywhere they turn decide to antagonize the opposing team's player with chants of a "unrelated sports equipment". Why do you suppose anyone would do this.

Why would a drunk football fan start chanting "Tennis racket" at the opposing team, for example?

Dude, let this one go.. that guy has some trouble making rational connections and thoughts.

Imagine being a black hockey player tho?

Black kids clown you cause it aint the "black" thing to do

White kids clown you cause they think blacks playing hockey is going to catvh on and edge them out.

Smh...

Well I live in Chicago and I have never heard anything about that. It's a sports town who loves it's players when they are successful. There are some bad folks like these assholes but overall I don't think it's up there with Boston as far as racist fans. Every fan base has some bad ones.

Im going by the days in which you had chelios in your lineup -- but i can believe that culture has changed.

It seems the only ones supporting this are the ones who stereotype black people. Hell, until some of you mentioned it was racist, I would've never even put the two together. Then again I don't believe basketball is a "black only" thing. Also, I don't watch hockey or basketball so take that for what it's worth.
What exactly do you think they meant when they said basketball?

lmao. I can picture it now. Romo trying to explain away all the fans shouting 'tennis racket' and ignoring the racial overtones.

Quick question that even I don't know the answer to. Why is being racist worst then other forms of "extreme disses". I mean if I said your mother is a whore, that is a pretty bad thing to say, but it was just clearly shit talk. Isnt the point of a taunt to get under somebody's skin rather then speak some truth from your heart?

I react more to a racial taunt as well, but what actually makes them worse? Any ideas?

Lool at the poster playing dumb about why they were chanting basketball and posters going over their way to explain to him.

"Basketball"? The horror.

If fans were chanting "poutine" to make fun of a Canadien player that was in the penalty box, would people get upset? No, it's a joke. Even "cracker" would probably not get much of a reaction. But as a society we've decided that black people are victims and constantly need to be handled with kiddy gloves, lest they explode at any moment due to their extreme hypersensitivity, instead of treating them like adults and normal people.

You tried so hard with this response but still fail to answer the question in any way that supports your claim.

<36>

Yeah, a whole 20 seconds of effort. Is that a lot for you?

The difference is, I understand that if I'm going to whine like a bitch about racism then I have to be able to support my argument. You don't get to be uninformed, uneducated and unintelligent and then tell others to prove to you why you're those things. Go to your local CC and take a course FFS.

So, the private venue threw out an attendee for berating the athlete with possibly racially charged stereotypes?

Can't see the problem there. Paying for a ticket doesn't mean that you're free to be a dick.
You've clearly never been to the Staples Center.

Yeah, a whole 20 seconds of effort. Is that a lot for you?

The difference is, I understand that if I'm going to whine like a bitch about racism then I have to be able to support my argument. You don't get to be uninformed, uneducated and unintelligent and then tell others to prove to you why you're those things. Go to your local CC and take a course FFS.

0 for 2.

It seems the only ones supporting this are the ones who stereotype black people. Hell, until some of you mentioned it was racist, I would've never even put the two together. Then again I don't believe basketball is a "black only" thing. Also, I don't watch hockey or basketball so take that for what it's worth.

You're not being intellectually honest with this post.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back