Hold Up, Leon Edwards is Too Big a Jump For Khamzat

Im tired of UFC politics and “rankings” preventing good fights.

This is a great fight to make. Khamzat brings a lot of attention to Leon’s name right now and Leon is a great test for Khamzat.

People thought Rampage was too much for Shogun when they were matched up but we know the result of that fight.

Let legit prospects sink or swim imo.
Yes and no. We can get good fights but it also screws over the guys who have been putting in solid work for a while only to get passed up by someone that the UFC likes more.

Dana has learned nothing about rushing prospects. Very shortsighted.

Nah, it's a big jump, but it's not like he had competitive fights with the guys he's already fought. He straight up smoked them and showed he's several levels higher. If it's such a tall order, how much money would you be willing to put on Leon Scott?

You gotta strike while the iron's hot. Nobody wants to fight the guy that everyone knows is a rare talent but isn't ranked yet, so if you find a guy who has no other fight and needs one, you'd be a fool not to take it.

its a big jump but Chimaev is looking fantastic dominating everyone so... if he can win will be huge for him, deserved

How does Edwards win this fight? I can’t picture a scenario he wins this which is crazy because Khamzat only have one good win(Aliskerov) but I have a hard time imagining a UK wrestlebased fighter being a Caucasian born wrestler

3 weight classes is unrealistic imo. He will likely remain at WW outside of an opportunity to fight Adesanya cuz that would be an interesting fight he would take

Absolutely. I was kidding of course. Need to see much more before even thinking he will be WW champ

Yes and no. We can get good fights but it also screws over the guys who have been putting in solid work for a while only to get passed up by someone that the UFC likes more.
With guys like Khamzat its not the ufc likes more. It’s the fans like more. He made the buzz.

Edwards is way too good. Big guy, great cardio, really good wrestling, great clinch, much better striker, so much more experienced.

Khamzat and his team are making a pretty big gamble on him. He has a lot of momentum going and they're risking it here. The upside is huge but his chances are not good. Maybe they're thinking a loss won't be so bad and depending how it plays out that might be true but when you're a new hypetrain things can turn real fast. Look how quick Johnny Walker went from being "TeH gUy To TeSt JoNeS" to people not even knowing he was fighting on the card they're about to watch.

edwards is a pillow fisted guy, khamzat should knock his head off

this just shows how much these random Leon haters know about the guy. Edwards used to be a banger before becoming a super well rounded fighter, the dude has power. He starched a guy in the UFC faster than Khamzat did GM3 before Khamzat even had an MMA fight.

How does Edwards win this fight? I can’t picture a scenario he wins this which is crazy because Khamzat only have one good win(Aliskerov) but I have a hard time imagining a UK wrestlebased fighter being a Caucasian born wrestler

Edwards isn't a wrestle based fighter lol. He started as a striker but has just gotten much better as a wrestler in the last five years or so. He's just super well rounded. Edwards is better in the clinch and standing. Edwards stops the TDs and out strikes him with ease.

The question is how does Chimaev win the fight? he's not going to KO Leon and he isn't going to just walk into his first five round fight against his first opponent with a pulse who's #3 in the world who's a big athletic WW and good defensive wrestler and scrambler and just dominate him. He's going to be forced to fight in areas he's never even been tested in. What has Chimaev ever showed to suggest he can do this? This isn't that chubby australian guy who broke the record for strikes absorbed on the ground recently and it isn't slow ass GM3. Like you said, his best win is Aliskerov who was able to stop his takedowns even after getting dropped and Edwards is way better than that guy standing.

Last edited:
The thing is, if Khamzat loses it doesn't really affect anything. He'll learn and get better. If he wins, he becomes the next title contender and an immediate superstar. With Khabib gone, they want a superstar at WW, and Khamzat is their guy.

Win/win for the UFC

Khamzat still going to win, he's like a young Jones relax.

Just imagine the hilarity and hysteria if Khamzat pulls it off. Leon's ranking would probably drop by 5 slots and Khamzat would be Usman's next fight.

There is only one scenario and that is Khamzat brutalizing Edwards. This could be the first actual death in the UFC if tap comes to late. I couldn't envision anything else then Chimaev absolute running thru him and not only that but putting an un-earthly amount of beating in the process
Bro u need to chill

Chimaev has beaten regional competition only up untill his point...hes about to face the number 3 ranked guy lol..

Hes not running thru edwards...he might win but hes not dominating shit..

Usman couldnt control or really dominantly beat edwards... I dont chimaev could hes so in experienced and untested..

This is Till vs woodley all over again or costa vs izzy...

Young talent need to remember to stay humble and work your way to the championship level otherwise youll talk yourself into a corner..

Thats what i think chimaev has done here..i hope for his and your sake he actually shows up or ur gunna be the next @d1wrestler after chimaev gets beat

Back