Media Holloway Reacts to Luke Thomas Saying Yair Should Get the Next Title Shot

Wreckless

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

The timing of Ilia being champ sucks for Holloway. Him Vs. Topuria in Spain would've been the fight to make.

Got a bad feeling about this Gaethje fight. Holloway better be sharp or Justin will turn him into walking CTE and change his career like he did with Ferguson.

We haven't seen Max slow down yet. But i feel like he's at this point in his career where we could see it happen really soon. Guy's been around for a long time and has been in some wars.

Only way to solve this is a triple threat at Wrestlemania
Funny you mention it.

fun fact historically every 10th wrestlemaina is headlined by a triple threat match for the title and this years wrestlemania falls on that 10th year. So this years WM will probably be a TT match between the Rock, Dusty rhodes son, and some other random im sure.

Funny you mention it.

fun fact historically every 10th wrestlemaina is headlined by a triple threat match for the title and this years wrestlemania falls on that 10th year. So this years WM will probably be a TT match between the Rock, Dusty rhodes son, and some other random im sure.
Neither of those 2 are the champ lol so Roman Reigns would have to be the 3rd.

Just had to stop myself from going further into detail on this, I'm a wrestling autiste 😅

Max is probably hella ecstatic that Volk is no longer champ, stylistically Volk was just a nightmare for him...to fast...too short. However who knows now though, Volk's chin appears shot, if they had a fourth fight I would favor Max currently.

That said I dont think Max beats Illia.

I don't understand why he's surprised. As a big fan of Max, he's fucking around in a different weight class during the same timeframe. I think he matches up with Gaethje better than he did Dustin, but this is still a nasty fight that might break his chin.

Whether Max should get a title shot depends on how his fight with Gaethje goes. If he takes a lot of damage he should take a break after that, not get thrown into a fight with Topuria.

I don't understand why he's surprised. As a big fan of Max, he's fucking around in a different weight class during the same timeframe. I think he matches up with Gaethje better than he did Dustin, but this is still a nasty fight that might break his chin.

and remember that fight was for a shitty completely unwarranted interim championship

this time its for the stupid BMF belt...

Honestly, Gaethje and Topuria are a very similar match up for Max stylistically. We could learn alot Max's chances at becoming champion again in either division he's at.

Max is probably hella ecstatic that Volk is no longer champ, stylistically Volk was just a nightmare for him...to fast...too short. However who knows now though, Volk's chin appears shot, if they had a fourth fight I would favor Max currently.

I'm not saying that I know for certain that Volk's chin isn't cracked, but the shot that Ilia landed would've put anyone in the division out.

I don't necessarily think Volk's chin is shot. I think that punch could have stopped anyone.

I don't necessarily think Volk's chin is shot. I think that punch could have stopped anyone.
and remember that fight was for a shitty completely unwarranted interim championship

this time its for the stupid BMF belt...
I'm so fucking sick of that marketing belt.

Ortega has one win since 2018. Yair just got destroyed by Volk. 1 fight removed from getting wrecked, you beat Ortega who has 1 win since 2018 and you get a title fight? I don't know if Max deserves another title fight after losing 3 in a row to Volk but giving it to Yair is wild.

I'm so fucking sick of that marketing belt.

See the belt is meaningless so I pay no attention to it. Max vs Gaethje is fun as fuck, Justin for Poirier - I could watch them fight 25 times and never get bored. The belt is silly, but the fights that it is tied to are awesome so it is what it is, I'll deal with it if that means we keep getting fun fights.

Yair getting a TS off of beating Ortega? One fight removed from his previous TS?
<JonesLaugh>
Its the way of the FW division. Ortega got a shot at Volk off his win over KZ. He lost to Max previously. KZ got his shot at Volk off a win over Ige. He lost his previous fight to Ortega. Although its not his fault, Volks run as champ was kind of weak when put in context.

See the belt is meaningless so I pay no attention to it. Max vs Gaethje is fun as fuck, Justin for Poirier - I could watch them fight 25 times and never get bored. The belt is silly, but the fights that it is tied to are awesome so it is what it is, I'll deal with it if that means we keep getting fun fights.
That's valid. I'm just tired of theatrics. Just give me scraps.

If you had three fights with the champion, chances are you won't get a 4th match. It's the only reason why he's fighting in another way class

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back