Media Holloway Reacts to Luke Thomas Saying Yair Should Get the Next Title Shot

If you had three fights with the champion, chances are you won't get a 4th match. It's the only reason why he's fighting in another way class
That doesn't really change anything. He's not going to be available when they go to book a title defense.

Funny you mention it.

fun fact historically every 10th wrestlemaina is headlined by a triple threat match for the title and this years wrestlemania falls on that 10th year. So this years WM will probably be a TT match between the Rock, Dusty rhodes son, and some other random im sure.
I must have missed that main event at WM 10 because my copy cuts out after Bret v Yoko and the ensuing Bret babyface celebration.

I know a lot of folks don't like watching his fights, but to me, Evloev seems to be the next logical challenge in my opinion if the UFC doesn't want to give Volk an instant rematch.
Evloev needs to prove he can go a full five rounds, in my opinion. He typically fades in the third round and can't seem to finish inside the first two rounds when he's fresh. Throw him in a five round Apex main event against Volk (if they won't give him a rematch) or the winner of Yair/Ortega.

Evloev needs to prove he can go a full five rounds, in my opinion. He typically fades in the third round and can't seem to finish inside the first two rounds when he's fresh. Throw him in a five round Apex main event against Volk (if they won't give him a rematch) or the winner of Yair/Ortega.
Thanks for the reply mate! That's interesting because I have always felt that Evloev gets better as the fight goes on, outside of his bout with Arnold. If you watch his fights against Grundy, Lentz, and Lopes, it was the first round that he almost got caught in submissions in each of those. To support your point, however, those were all only 3 round fights. 5 round fights are a whole different thing; he may fade in rounds 4 or 5. I'd love to see him in a 5 round fight where he'd either be forced to get a finish or go the full 5.

Thanks for the reply mate! That's interesting because I have always felt that Evloev gets better as the fight goes on, outside of his bout with Arnold. If you watch his fights against Grundy, Lentz, and Lopes, it was the first round that he almost got caught in submissions in each of those. To support your point, however, those were all only 3 round fights. 5 round fights are a whole different thing; he may fade in rounds 4 or 5. I'd love to see him in a 5 round fight where he'd either be forced to get a finish or go the full 5.
I may not be remembering correctly. I'm pretty dumb.

I may not be remembering correctly. I'm pretty dumb.
Hey no worries -- it is impossible to remember everything these days with how many events there are. I remember back when there were only a handful of big MMA cards each year and it was impossible to forget every fine detail. These days I regularly forget who is fighting on upcoming cards until the day of fights.

Hey no worries -- it is impossible to remember everything these days with how many events there are. I remember back when there were only a handful of big MMA cards each year and it was impossible to forget every fine detail. These days I regularly forget who is fighting on upcoming cards until the day of fights.
I was telling a coworker recently that I've seen thousands of fights over the years and he couldn't believe it. I'm amazed that I remember anything.

I must have missed that main event at WM 10 because my copy cuts out after Bret v Yoko and the ensuing Bret babyface celebration.
You need to get the unedited version. Lex and Razor actually dump Bret on his back. Then Waylon Mercy makes his debut a year early and gets the pin. Owen Hart comes out says “that’s why i kicked your leg out of your leg”, before everyone celebrated Dan Spivey’s crowning moment.

He also faded against Mean Hakeem in the 3rd round.

Without any viable challengers it’s hard to deny Evloev the next shot but his cardio has shown some concerns.

1. Topuria-Yair is the obvious fight to make. The Spain vs. Mexico storyline could fill a stadium in Spain. The UFC is passing on that opportunity.
2. The BMF belt seems like a double-edged sword. I suspect whoever has the belt probably won't get a real title fight; it's better business to keep the BMF and real title separate.

Nobody even knows what the timeline is for Topuria is to return so they should relax about saying who is next. If the supposed Spain card isn't happening until the fall then yeah it makes sense they'll just put Volk back in there.

If it's June/July then yeah this weekend's winner makes a bit of sense. Meritocracy wise not so much but it seems they'd be the next man up given how unlikely it is that they'll give Evloev a shot & Holloway won't be turning around quick after a likely war with Gaethje.

Its the way of the FW division. Ortega got a shot at Volk off his win over KZ. He lost to Max previously. KZ got his shot at Volk off a win over Ige. He lost his previous fight to Ortega. Although its not his fault, Volks run as champ was kind of weak when put in context.
You ain't wrong. In KZs defense wasn't he a somewhat short notice replacement ? Definitely didn't deserve it sadly but I'm glad he got it since he got his spot stolen after losing to Ortega stolen having a decent run. Volk did beat the piss out of him though.

Back