Honolulu Med Marijuana users have 30 days to turn in their guns

I read data that was a bit different, that hawaii's growth slowed when compared to others after the recession ended. I realize that is splitting hairs, and your data certainly sounds better.

That being said, I stand by my statement that outside of the tourist and wealthy areas, much of the state is a shithole and it definitely is at the top of the welfare stats.

Things took a hit with the GFC. Both tourism and construction suffered. But the last number of years have seen record visitors and record spending. You could very well be right on the welfare stats.

Shithole is subjective. Having moved here from the North East all I can say is I'll take the poorer neighborhoods here vs. there.

Our government really has it's priorities mixed up.

Why not send a letter to everyone reminding if they have felonies that they need to turn in their firearms? I'm sure it would work.

It is not the government. This is a police chief going rogue. This will fall apart like wet paper bag as soon as someone challenges this. That sad part is that the police chief won't be forced to step down for forcing the people to go through hoops to fight this.

What about being addicted to opiates or Adderall?

It might just be my imagination but I feel I can pull the trigger faster on my semi-auto if I take Adderall before going to the range. Adderall is like a chemical bump stock.

I don't see how this will stand with my very limted understanding of US laws.

Will people who drink have to turn in firearms? How about those using pharmaceuticals? Makes no sense to this Canuck.
It will stand up though. People entered into an agreement with their local government that stated they have a medical condition that requires weed. In that agreement they gave up rights in trade. Only complete morons would have accepted those terms.

marijuana isn't going to inspire people to shoot others. at least not for most people. if anything, they should be focusing on alcohol, if they want to refrain people from using guns while under the influence.

Outside of the tourist areas and where the wealthy live, Hawaii is a big shithole. Just watch Dog the bounty hunter sometime - meth land.

If there were no military bases the state would go bankrupt. Hawaii tourism has been going down for years - it is a lot cheaper to go to the beach in Florida.

Hawaiians are number one in the country for welfare benefits.

Third time I visited the Island I noticed how ignorant and trailer-trashy a lot of the locals were. I'd driven around to the North Shore a couple times before, but wanted to drive around and explore the other side. Ghetto island paradise.

And no voting either. No better disqualifier than lack of mental health.
Agreed.

Don’t SSRIs cause suicidal and homicidal ideation as a side effect? Can’t think of a population that shouldn’t have a gun more than people on antidepressants such as Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Prozac, etc

'From my stoned dead hands.'

- unidentified Honolulu resident

Don’t SSRIs cause suicidal and homicidal ideation as a side effect?

No. The black box warning for suicidal ideations came from a meta-analysis that used spontaneous reports of suicidal thoughts. About 4 percent of children taking SSRIs reported suicidal thoughts compared to 2 percent in the placebo arm. (There were no actual completed suicides in the study.)

This may be solely due to bias because kids that were randomized to an active treatment group would have a greater likelihood of adverse effects in general, which would lead to more contact with a provider and an increased chance of having suicidal thoughts reported. Likewise, any medication overdose would be more likely to be reported if it required medical attention vs if you overdosed on placebo that resulted in no side effects.

But as a response to the study, the FDA adopted a black box warning for kids and adolescents 24 and younger. It's had some pretty shitty results.

Overall, the evidence points towards the majority of patients of all ages safely benefiting from an SSRI without increased risk of suicide. It's time for the FDA to remove or update the label to clearly delineate the risk of medication compared to no treatment.

Wellbutrin
Not an SSRI.

Last edited:
For all of those who believe the gubments have no nefarious agenda.
Any excuse available to take out your second amendment rights, the one that makes all of the others possible.

For all of those who believe the gubments have no nefarious agenda.
Any excuse available to take out your second amendment rights, the one that makes all of the others possible.
If the government was nefariously plotting to destroy the 2nd amendment and take away your guns, couldn’t they like, you know, just amend it? Seems like a much more straightforward route.

Anything registered is not yours. Never register your guns folks, if it's possible.

Back