Media Hooker ”Burn the boats”

Well, the fight is effectively a title eliminator since neither man has fought for the title and neither ever faced Khabib, so you would hope he is going in there with a game-plan that is more substantive than trying to knock Makhachev out old before he inevitably takes Hooker down.

I would never fault Hooker for taking a fight which is his job but this type of opportunity Hooker should realize is potentially the biggest of his career and may never come again and I haven't seen that type of mentality expressed in his interviews.

Islam is a great grappler, but there are fighters out there that have enough tools in their arsenal to change the dynamic of a fight with Islam.

If Paul Craig was a LW I think Islam would choose to kickbox with him over trying to take him down. The point is I don't think Islam is unbeatable for Hooker and there are things he can do even in a months time that could dramatically increase his chances of winning.
Gaethje vs Chandler is the actual title-eliminator, 100%.

I don't mean literally fly to Scotland.

And if you are referring to Jimmy. Crute he fought Paul Craig three years ago when Paul was a tenth of as good as he is now. Crute though has not gotten any better in those three years and is perhaps the sorest loser of any fighter in the UFC.

Dan Hooker should definitely call up Crute for grappling advice <45>the same guy who had Misha Cirkunov mounted and tapped 30 seconds later.

I personally haven't felt the same about Paul craigs improvements nor crutes regression nor him being the sorest loser in the ufc lol.

You sure you're not just running on your narrative?

The fact that someone has to explain what this means kinda ruins how cool Hooker's tweet was.
It doesnt ruin it,but whoever doesnt get it has to be...well...

I guess I could see if you arent from America,MAYBE you wouldnt be as familiar with it. Idk.

Well, the fight is effectively a title eliminator since neither man has fought for the title and neither ever faced Khabib, so you would hope he is going in there with a game-plan that is more substantive than trying to knock Makhachev out old before he inevitably takes Hooker down.

I would never fault Hooker for taking a fight which is his job but this type of opportunity Hooker should realize is potentially the biggest of his career and may never come again and I haven't seen that type of mentality expressed in his interviews.

Islam is a great grappler, but there are fighters out there that have enough tools in their arsenal to change the dynamic of a fight with Islam.

If Paul Craig was a LW I think Islam would choose to kickbox with him over trying to take him down. The point is I don't think Islam is unbeatable for Hooker and there are things he can do even in a months time that could dramatically increase his chances of winning.
Working weaknesses is a must but idk if trying to squeeze a Islam or Craig level of grapping experience in 2 months would result in a better outcome than standard camp

Gotta love Dan Hooker's spirit. I mean really.

Man is gonna going for it. He gives zero fucks.
Win / Lose / Draw, I wish him the absolute best.

I agree 100%, he's a game fighter and I respect that. However in this case it's not win, lose or draw, his options are lose by knockout, lose by submission or lose by decision. ;):D

your view of Paul Craig’s grappling ability would be like saying jimmy crute is one of the premiere grapplers on the planet. There credentials speak for themselves.

I agree 100%, he's a game fighter and I respect that. However in this case it's not win, lose or draw, his options are lose by knockout, lose by submission or lose by decision. ;):D
well.......I know what you're saying. I hear you.

But I have the belief that although he IS a strong underdog, I think he has a shot.
He CAN win by TKO/KO. Makhachev is not gonna win by KO.
He needs to keep it on the feet and stop getting grapple-fucked.

I'm actually gonna put a bit of Vcash on Hooker. I don't have any expectation to WIN at all, I am just doing that cos I like the guy, I admire his attitude and desire, and I do not care if I lose (it's only Vcash anyway...).

Hooker CAN win this fight. not saying he WILL win it. But he COULD and it wouldn't be a massive surprise to me (maybe others, but that's ok.....).

It doesnt ruin it,but whoever doesnt get it has to be...well...

I guess I could see if you arent from America,MAYBE you wouldnt be as familiar with it. Idk.
America is the one empire or nation this doesn't apply to. I don't think America ever launched a seaborne invasion with wooden ships.

Hooker is getting subbed what a dumb fight only reason Islam took this fight. Chandler showed his weakness.

Chandler will take him down on the ground no reason to stand and bang. I enjoy fights but he's smart enough not to do that

Funny how the picture shrinks Dan relative to Islam...there's more of a height difference than it the pic makes it out to be

In the end if you want to be champion in the division your going have to fight everyone eventually, If Dan can not beat Islam than he knows his not ready yet.

Back