How about a Cain/Rothwell rematch?

RexChapmanFan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I think I've heard rumblings that Rothwell wants another shot at Velasquez and he's even subtly accused Velasquez of PED abuse.

Isn't now a perfect time for them to fight again? What am I missing?

(P.S. I know Rothwell just a had a W and Cain had a L, but that shouldn't matter here, since Cain was just the champ and so hardly a step down for Rothwell in any case.)

Considering cain had to be saved by dana's bought off ref against Ben. Yes there should be a rematch.

First fight was controversial. I wanna see it again.

This thought did cross my mind as well. Makes sense to me. Give JDS the shot and have Arlovski/Stipe.

Oh yay another sherdogger wants another rematch... especially with cain? Look at the man's record... nothing but rematches in the last few years. please have him fight new guys

I think that's a great fight to make.

Lets see if Cain can jump right back in there without being sidelined.

That wasn't even the real Ben Rothwell that was UFC debut Ben Rothwell, that doesn't really count. You're delusional if you think it does.

Same with Diverticulitis Brock & low creatine JDS.

This Cain guy with like 12 career opponents, many not at their peak hasn't done that much when you think about it. I heard he's the Cardio master with 2/3rds of his fights being finished in the 1st rnd. And going 5 rnds against exactly one opponent who was posing no threat.

That wasn't even the real Ben Rothwell that was UFC debut Ben Rothwell, that doesn't really count. You're delusional if you think it does.

Same with Diverticulitis Brock & low creatine JDS.

This Cain guy with like 12 career opponents, many not at their peak hasn't done that much when you think about it. I heard he's the Cardio master with 2/3rds of his fights being finished in the 1st rnd. And going 5 rnds against exactly one opponent who was posing no threat.

Low altitude Cain rocks!

no, its not cool fight. Rather see Cain vs Stipe.

I won't be supprized if we see this actually, I'm guessing the UFC maybe fearful Cain is dropping off and they'll likely want someone who's potentially going to be around for awhile like Stipe to be the one to benefit.

first fight was controversial wat??? people actually think that haha

just imagine the state Rothwell would have been in against anyone last night. He was nearly dead after 1 round in Denver. Literally almost got armbar'd by Hunt and had to be helped up by his corner.

first fight was controversial wat??? people actually think that haha

just imagine the state Rothwell would have been in against anyone last night. He was nearly dead after 1 round in Denver. Literally almost got armbar'd by Hunt and had to be helped up by his corner.

Yes the fight was controversial. The fight got stopped as Ben Rothwell was getting back to his feet from a prior takedown.

n15xf4.gif

Yes the fight was controversial. The fight got stopped as Ben Rothwell was getting back to his feet from a prior takedown.

n15xf4.gif

While blocking Cain's punches with his face, which he'd been warned about multiple times. How is that intelligently defending yourself. Should've been stopped earlier.

Cain looking human has clouded your fickle judgement.

n15xf4.gif

Implying Rothwell showed he had a chance in that fight. Dude was getting mauled from the opening...

While blocking Cain's punches with his face, which he'd been warned about multiple times. How is that intelligently defending yourself. Should've been stopped earlier.

Cain looking human has clouded your fickle judgement.

Actually Cain has always looked human to me as the thread i started yesterday will attest.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/show-us-proof-you-called-werdums-victory-3010349/

I have several other non-Werdum related posts illustrating just how human, and in fact unremarkable, Cain really is. I've always been able to see through the fog. Welcome to the light.

As for Rothwell and Cain, I think the intelligent defense argument only applies when it appears as if you are in trouble. It's perfectly acceptable to eat shots if you're still advancing your position or mounting a meaningful counter attack.

Back