How badly would Prime GSP beat Shavkat?

Tough fight for GSP. Shavkat is very well round, durable and fights with pressure. He's excellent in the clinch and has a superb all around grappling game.

I think GSP would land the jab and his precise right hand all night. But the pressure would be tough to deal with. I think it's a close fight, GSP 48-47

50-45 den e wood git on de mic end give de interview wit de quebecois haccent

It would be a good matchup for GSP I think. Shavkat's head is a huge target and he isn't anywhere near as fast as GSP.

Shavkat is very skilled, has no known weaknesses, has 100% finishing rate and is elite AF.

It would be very tough fight for GSP.

That's a tough fight for both.

Shavkat may not be quite as dangerous as Condit or Alves on the feet but he is much more well rounded and has better grappling than both of those guys.

I still think GSP could take him down each round but Shavkat might do some damage in between.

I think GSP would win a decision but I would still give Shavkat a chance. We have seen him finish literally every one of his opponents. Need to see Shavkat fight again soon.

There are currently no elite MMA wrestlers at WW, so we might never see how his TDD/grappling holds up at that weight.
I think Colby hurt his leg early in the Edwards fight. I am not yet ready to write Colby off yet. I still think he can bring that same pressure, pace and elite wrestling to his next fight if he is healthy. Can't wait to see Colby's next fight and see if he still has it. Colby vs Shavkat would be so sick if both men brought their A game. Would love to see how Shavkat responds to Colby's volume and pace.

I think every good fighter is great until they fight someone who actually IS great.

This guy's record is nice, but his competition is quite soft. I need to see him fight some worthy opponents before comparing him to GSP. That is a high bar that can't be measured at this point.

Shavkat would beat GSP worse than Hendricks, the man is still to taste defeat and he already has more finishes.

Comparing fighters from different generations is bogus, fighters like GSP laid solid foundations for the next up and comers. Great fighters of today birth the greater fighters of tomorrow.

GSP 50-45s the entire current WW division.

Back