How can it be denied that Die Hard is the greatest action movie ever made ?

The Sausage King

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First Blood, Predator are close behind, but overall I don't think there is a more perfect action movie than Die Hard.

post-30200-die-hard-thumbs-up-gif-Imgur-3HjB.gif

I have watched this movie more times than I can remember, and it's the only movie that makes me forget I'm watching an action movie. It's just that damn good.

It's for sure a flawless movie. The gold standard for action films.

Was gonna make the argument for Predator, but you've Vetoed that.

Because Pacific Rim exists

you just named the most generic of generic action movies and you claim they are the best?
hmm

Well Predator, T2 and and Highlander at least want some aknowledgement.

Last edited:
Too many characters, the plot makes too much sense and nowhere near enough mustaches.

There is only one GOAT action film. When you to deny it's greatness you make me laugh. If Matrix was here, he'd laugh too,.

commando.jpg

Too many characters, the plot makes too much sense and nowhere near enough mustaches.

There is only one GOAT action film. When you to deny it's greatness you make me laugh. If Matrix was here, he'd laugh too,.

commando.jpg

Whenever I think of an "action" movie, Commando instantly comes to mind.

The last 20-25 minutes are so much fun.

Under Siege 2: Dark Territory is the undisputed GOAT, especially when you consider that it's based entirely on a true story

If you wanna remove sci-fi and say only pure action, man vs man, I still say Rambo 2 is close to Die Hard. Rambo 1 is more or less just a drama.

First Blood is better than Die Hard.

First Blood, Predator are close behind, but overall I don't think there is a more perfect action movie than Die Hard.

post-30200-die-hard-thumbs-up-gif-Imgur-3HjB.gif

I have watched this movie more times than I can remember, and it's the only movie that makes me forget I'm watching an action movie. It's just that damn good.

Agree 100%. GOAT action film, it has everything you should want from an action movie...

Back