How Dagestani crotchsniffers lose

Yeah, I thought they did away with that three point bs? Like when Weidman got tkod by the moose.

Only in a few states I believe, everyone else is behind.

Fights move at a high pace. Yan vs Sterling was obvious on his knee, but other situations like a hand is harder to differentiate. Refs should have discretion, even though calls will vary more depending on Ref.

I had a feeling he wasn't "really" Dagestani. But he actually looks like Khabib. Like mini-Khabib. Looks two weight classes smaller, not one, imo

Anyway, yeah, his fight style wasn't boring at all, the mat returns were actually pretty exciting but that was also on Allen for defending well and rolling. And he landed a flying? / switch knee that was nice. Still the point stands, the knee rule needs to change and lowkey I was shocked they let the fight go on as normal. (With the exception of a break for Evolec, not sure it would have mattered too much, but it wouldn't have even happened.)

It's 20 fucking 24. When the fuck are knees and upkicks going to be legal? OneFC got these rules legalized in Colorado. It's stupid that these rules are not allowed in modern mma. It's too easy to land one of these "illegal" strikes. Especially an up kick. Soccer kicks should be legal too. But I understand why they're not. One fc is more fluid because of the rules.

This comment was so stupid on so many levels. Firstly, the "dagestani" wrestler won. So the whole title is moot. But secondly, knees to the head would be great FOR WRESTLERS because it adds another thing you can do on top control that you can't currently do. So the idea behind this comment is deluded altogether.

He put his hand down because of the dumb rule. I don't understand why the drama is necessary of saying "brain cells." His brain was pretty clearly fine/coherent the whole time (which was probably one full second in total).

Again, if the ref said nothing he'd just change the position. We don't need to be overly dramatic and make every jab as if it means "brain cells lost" or make out that any ref reset is a travesty that changed the outcome.
Based on what? He didn't get out of it without ref incompetence and it is bizarre that you think it is natural to just assume that he would.

They all looked legal to me. Dumb rule anyway. Unless they are on one knee it shouldn't count as "downed"

If they "cannot get up" they should be considered "downed".

Isn't that literally what "downed" means? Put/held down?

Based on what? He didn't get out of it without ref incompetence and it is bizarre that you think it is natural to just assume that he would.
Based on a front headlock not being particularly great in terms of controlling your opponent's position for anything longer than 5 seconds / my source being the last decade of MMA footage.

It's 20 fucking 24. When the fuck are knees and upkicks going to be legal? OneFC got these rules legalized in Colorado. It's stupid that these rules are not allowed in modern mma. It's too easy to land one of these "illegal" strikes. Especially an up kick. Soccer kicks should be legal too. But I understand why they're not. One fc is more fluid because of the rules.
Imo, this is what people should be campaigning for. There are other possible rule changes. But knees and upkicks seem like the low hanging fruit to both make fights more realistic AND less boring

This comment was so stupid on so many levels. Firstly, the "dagestani" wrestler won. So the whole title is moot. But secondly, knees to the head would be great FOR WRESTLERS because it adds another thing you can do on top control that you can't currently do. So the idea behind this comment is deluded altogether.
I mean, yes, I agree with you that knees are a great weapon for even smother-wrestlers. But the rest of the arsenal (even knees on incoming, and sprawl) definitely makes grappling more dangerous (for the grappler getting caught). You see people not risk the knee in those situations at all.

Back