How do we add more shame to our culture?

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
People tend to behave better in cultures where shaming is an effective deterrent.

For example, I saw a video from China where this crosswalk has a camera and a screen, and if you walk at the wrong time then it shows your face on the screen to shame you.

I'm in the US and that would never work here. Too many people just have this belief like, "I don't care. I do what I want." And they have no shame.

Shame works in all other kinds of aspects too. If you're a lazy man that won't get a job, to provide for your family, shame. If you cheat on your spouse, shame. If you shoplift, shame. If you drive drunk, shame.

The shame from society is often a greater deterrent than any legal consequence. And the end result is you have fewer people acting like selfish assholes.

So how do we add more shame to society?

Maybe a law that at any given moment, a group of 10 or more people can start a "vote" amongst everyone if they want to single out 1 person to then beat up

If more than half the group agrees on 1 person, they can jump that person or have one or two tough guys amongst them smash the annoying selfish person/attention wh0re

Shun people for their pathetic Likes count, I see several candidates in this particular thread already

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

giphy.webp

Mainstream media would have to do its brainwashing

We should definitely bring back shame. Specifically for weak men and women whoring but technocracy isn't the answer. Bringing back communities would be a good start.

Hazing, bullying and general non-acceptance of outlier behavior is evolved behavior that was "selected-in" by every successful tribe on earth. Yet the west has spent the last 30 years dismantling it.

I'm not saying that we can't be enlightened about a lot of this stuff, but those "negative" aspects of society served a purpose, and they shouldn't be removed without replacing them with something else to perform that same purpose.

People tend to behave better in cultures where shaming is an effective deterrent.

For example, I saw a video from China where this crosswalk has a camera and a screen, and if you walk at the wrong time then it shows your face on the screen to shame you.

I'm in the US and that would never work here. Too many people just have this belief like, "I don't care. I do what I want." And they have no shame.

Shame works in all other kinds of aspects too. If you're a lazy man that won't get a job, to provide for your family, shame. If you cheat on your spouse, shame. If you shoplift, shame. If you drive drunk, shame.

The shame from society is often a greater deterrent than any legal consequence. And the end result is you have fewer people acting like selfish assholes.

So how do we add more shame to society?

Community. I don't care what strangers who I do not know, and who do not pay me, think. But I go to church. At church, because I need these people to help raise my kid, I do not talk to people like I'm on Sherdog.

If I am at the park, and some idiot tells me about Biden, I'll say something like "Biden is human trash and he should be dragged into an international war crime trial with Obama and Trump." Then let the chips fall.

I'm at church, and someone says, Biden this and that, I nod along or say something measured.

People that I am totally disenfranchised from have no effect on my behavior. They are barely even people to me.

Shame based morality tends to be weak IMHO, people basically behave a certain way for fear of getting caught but when they think they can get away with something.....

Really the "golden age" conservatives like to remember is just a time were things like sexual abuse were hushed up more, move on the priest to the next church and don't cause a fuss.

America is built on celebrating the shameless.

You need to accept the monarchy back and pay your taxes as God intended, then we can work on you celebrating your betters.

To add more shame? Have more people read a Joey thread.

Back