How do we bring back the free spirit and energy of the 80's music scene ?

You would have to bring back the rock clubs that were in every town in the 80s and were doing great business up until the early to mid-90s when the clubs that were full during the 80s were going out of business, or at best, barely surviving, drawing less than half the crowds they had in the 80s. I worked at a nightclub in the 90s which had rock and metal bands every night and while talking to one of the guys who was working there during the 80s, he pointed to the half full club and told me "In the 80's you had to wait 10 or 15 minutes at the bar to get a drink because this place was so full."

The clubs were the breeding ground for every great rock band there ever was. Every great band made it by playing clubs, and getting better as they paid their dues on the club circuit. I've never seen a great band that was "discovered" on American Idol or one of those types of shows. When grunge started getting big was approximately the time when the attendance at night clubs dropped sharply and they started going out of business. People went to clubs to have a good time and the music wasn't fun anymore. It was music about being miserable. Legendary clubs like The Rock-It Club in Tampa and Hammerjacks in Baltimore now no longer exist. Those places were packed in the 80's. I was living in Tampa and experienced it for myself. If you were around then and went to the clubs, you know what it was like. If you weren't, you can't imagine how much stronger the music scene was back then compared to now.

For the clubs to come back, there has to be a viable music industry and right now, we don't have one thanks to the government's non-enforcement of the copyright laws for music. There has to be an incentive for bands to exist, the talent level of bands that played the rock club scene in the 80s. If kids know there is no chance to become a rock star or even reasonably successful, they're not going to put their lives into becoming rock musicians. They might do it as a hobby but they're not going to put everything they have into it like the kids coming of age in the 70s and 80s and that's what it takes to become great - to give it everything you've got.

The record companies fucked music by not being able to adapt to the digital age.

Keep in mind, 80's music is not a singularity. For instance, I really like Motley Crue, Poison, not so much. The 80's are different things to different people.

80's music never died, it just stopped being promoted as record companies wanted to sell sad music to kids in flannels. Also, 80's music at the end of the 80's was usually shit, again, due to the record companies.

Happiness and optimism is gone in a social media age. We know everything at all times. The fun is over and isn't coming back.

The 80's produced some of the, if not the, best music. Life before PC, life before whatever the hell exists today in the music world which is making the cookie cutter bull we're told is music but is utter garbage ?

Hell, a band like Twisted Sister, Van Halen would never make it in today's world. They were fun, high energy. Motley Crew, Poison, etc .... There's no risk in music anymore.

one word “AQUANET”

Would take 80's music over the 90's pearl Jam and nirvana craze.
<JagsKiddingMe>
Poison, ratt, winger, etc. Lol
Thank good nirvana and Pearl Jam saved my generation from gay ass glam rock.

<JagsKiddingMe>
Poison, ratt, winger, etc. Lol
Thank good nirvana and Pearl Jam saved my generation from gay ass glam rock.
Nirvana was horrible....pearl Jam was OK.
Would still take the glam look over the homeless looking flannel fad.

Nirvana was horrible....pearl Jam was OK.
Would still take the glam look over the homeless looking flannel fad.
You keep your make on and keep killing the ozone with aquanet and I keep wearing that lovely and comfy flannel

Back