How do you clean the inside of your gloves?

I kind of like the stink actually, I'm usually sniffing my fingers the whole way home from teh gym...is that badwrong? I do the same thing with gasoline, love it. I wish they made cologne that smells like gasoline.

*shudders*

must be a guy thing or something. blech!

Sunlight kills molds and bacterias

This is partially true. UV rays kill micro organisms by destroying nucleic acids, however the doses required to have this effect are very rare on earth because most of the UV rays are filtered out by our atmosphere. my guess is that the reason setting your gloves in the Sun is effective is because the heat evaporates moisture and dries them out quicker. but I wonder if keeping them under a UV light would be effective at inhibiting the growth of bacteria ? might be worth a shot.

I usually just use lysol and and wipe them out every couple weeks or once they start smelling funky. I always try to take everthing out of my bag once I get home to air dry and alternate gloves every session.

My shin guards on the other hand are just always funky only after a couple sessions. I put those in the wash pretty much every week.

I kind of like the stink actually, I'm usually sniffing my fingers the whole way home from teh gym...is that badwrong? I do the same thing with gasoline, love it. I wish they made cologne that smells like gasoline.

my hands smell sometimes, even after taking a shower after getting home. probably should use new gloves lol.

i loved the smell of gas as a child also...relatives told me id get cancer if i kept smelling it. good thing i never took that internship at the gas station...probably would have been a middle manager by now.

Sunlight, fresh air, and I'll leave a small bag of charcoal or something as well.

If you're lazy like me and don't like spending every post-workout sesh cleaning your gear just grab one of these bad-boys from the pharmacy or hardware store. I give my gloves/shinpads and gym bag a good spray every night:

disinfectant-spray-lysol.png

i spray the inside and outside of my gloves every week or so with this

627708390006-2.jpg

let it set and then wipe down

I've heard the freezer trick works, but god knows what it would do to any food in there...

Back