How do you explain Conor dominating Holloway in three rounds

So you're mentioning Max's foot injury but completely ignoring how McGregor blew out his knee in the 2nd round... lol.
Isn't it as dishonest as mentioning only Conor's injury that happened on SECOND round while Max broke it in the FIRST round?
And I don't see you correcting TS...which makes you very much a hypocrite.

Max fought pretty much the same way until fairly recently. Hell, Conor doesn't even fight the same. But Conor did destroy Max in every facet of MMA in their encounter, showing off his ground work after popping his knee. But as already said, Max was also somewhat injured.

But in all honesty I would not take Max at his peak over McGregor at his peak.

Max hadn’t come into his own yet. And no version of Conor was ever goat. He was an exciting and talented striker. He’s still a good fighter! He’s nowhere near the guys in the goat talks. I wish they would fight again!

I mean Max lost to Poirier twice and would've 100% lost to Khabib, so I think Conor vs Holloway is a pretty even matchup. They were both injured during this fight, so it's not really a good indicator of how the fight would go.

I wouldn't call him a natural 145er. The guy was exceptionally focused and tough for being able to do it, but he looked on death's door every weigh in day. That ain't what I call natural. Even all the guys you talk about cutting to 155 don't look like skeletons the way he looked. He is a natural 155 guy.

Conor is a natural 145er.

Natural in a sense that fighters at 155, excluding him, cut enormous weight.

I think the 155 division has the biggest collection of huge weight cutters.

Conor never missed weight at 145. Never had to pull out.

It's a shame he now fights against 200 pounders looking for extreme advantages because casuals think an L is an L and do not apply context.

I mean Max lost to Poirier twice and would've 100% lost to Khabib, so I think Conor vs Holloway is a pretty even matchup. They were both injured during this fight, so it's not really a good indicator of how the fight would go.

It would have been a pretty even matchup, but now... with the leg break? Conor is done.

after popping his knee at the beginning of the fight (so fighting in one leg basicaly) and during his second fight in the ufc only?

The guy was special, but thats the problem, he WAS special, he could be the goat, but he wasted his legacy because of money.

Hungry/poor Conor is the goat. But the Caramel Fedor aka Gane will end up being the goat because he is way more stable mentaly unlike Conrad or Jones, by the way Gane is EVERYTHING Jones dreamed to be.

Discuss.
Conor injured his knee, Max injured his ankle, actually much earlier in the fight than Conor did (first 30 seconds of the fight vs the end of the 2nd round). Conor is basically 4 years older (Max born in December 1991, Conor in January 1988) and his age and experience was a big factor at the time. Look at what Poirier did to Max early in his career. Complete destruction in the 1st round. The fact that DP then dominated him again and broke his winning streak showed that DP had grown just as much since their first fight. I think Max would be a problem for Conor in a rematch...

Max doesn't have wrestling, leg kicks or reach advantage to counter Conor. I would still give Conor an edge in a 3 round fight.
Perhaps. But there's absolutely ZERO chance the rematch would be a 3-rounder. Also, I could see Max drowning Conor in the 3rd like Aldo TWICE. I can't see Conor surviving the next two regardless...

He was the better fighter at the time. He is no longer. How much of an explanation do you really need?

He is also hittable and Conor is very accurate.

Well, I wouldn't say he's "very hittable", he is hittable because he has a great chin and will stay in the pocket. Conor's power and pop only lasts 2 rounds at most and Max is gonna be there all 5. shrug.

Perhaps. But there's absolutely ZERO chance the rematch would be a 3-rounder. Also, I could see Max drowning Conor in the 3rd like Aldo TWICE. I can't see Conor surviving the next two regardless...
Well, I wouldn't say he's "very hittable", he is hittable because he has a great chin and will stay in the pocket. Conor's power and pop only lasts 2 rounds at most and Max is gonna be there all 5. shrug.
They will never fight anyway, so 5 rounds are as possible as 3. I don't see Conor giving someone a rematch if he won the previous fight.

They try to discredit it by saying Max was young, even though he'd had more fights in the UFC than conor at that point.

He was the better fighter then. Boom. Done.

I'm starting to suspect Sherdog might not be home to the brightest people...

No one really knew how good Conor was at that point, while Max was also thought to be a prospect. The win ages well as Max started his streak right after this fight, but he was physically weak when young. Became stronger in the clinch and in grappling later. While Conor transitioned to other things later.

So you're mentioning Max's foot injury but completely ignoring how McGregor blew out his knee in the 2nd round... lol.
So you agree Karen McGregor had an advantage for fighting a much larger portion of the fight injury free. Cool.

Max fought pretty much the same way until fairly recently. Hell, Conor doesn't even fight the same. But Conor did destroy Max in every facet of MMA in their encounter, showing off his ground work after popping his knee. But as already said, Max was also somewhat injured.

But in all honesty I would not take Max at his peak over McGregor at his peak.
Mental

They will never fight anyway, so 5 rounds are as possible as 3. I don't see Conor giving someone a rematch if he won the previous fight.
He won the first fight with DP.

Isn't it as dishonest as mentioning only Conor's injury that happened on SECOND round while Max broke it in the FIRST round?
And I don't see you correcting TS...which makes you very much a hypocrite.
"And I don't see you correcting TS...which makes you very much a hypocrite."
-Plenty of people already corrected TS for that. If I spent all of my time correcting every Shertard.com post it would be a full time job.

Back