How do you stream the fights?🤔

giphy.gif

Lmao

I haven't bought a boxing card in years. I'm the only person I know that follows boxing. So I have nobody to split the bill. On rare occasion, I can have enough people to justify purchasing a UFC card with help pitching in. That's about it for legal methods these days in my fightsport fandom.

Pretty similar for me. My primary setup is Samsung 70" OLED with Sonos sound system. I primarily use the direct apps on the TV now that the Samsung platform has grown to be very solid.

I was a huge fan of the casting and still use it from time to time but nowhere near as much as I used to. I also have a second small screen TV in the living room tucked into a ladder shelf that I will cast to if there are two events I want to watch at the same time or just want that sports bar vibe.

I've grown tired of the sacrifices of the pirate streaming life so have gone mostly legit these days for events I really want to watch. Beyond the quality and reliability, I really value the ability to pause, rewind, ff, etc that you get from legit app viewing.

Pretty similar for me. My primary setup is Samsung 70" OLED with Sonos sound system. I primarily use the direct apps on the TV now that the Samsung platform has grown to be very solid.

I was a huge fan of the casting and still use it from time to time but nowhere near as much as I used to. I also have a second small screen TV in the living room tucked into a ladder shelf that I will cast to if there are two events I want to watch at the same time or just want that sports bar vibe.

I've grown tired of the sacrifices of the pirate streaming life so have gone mostly legit these days for events I really want to watch. Beyond the quality and reliability, I really value the ability to pause, rewind, ff, etc that you get from legit app viewing.
Nice. Yeah Samsung Smart TVs have their own OS called Tizen. As you said the platform is mature enough now that you can run their own apps rather than relying on a media streamer like a Roku player, Fire TV device, etc. I still prefer going through my Xbox or Shield because of their dedicated streaming & enhanced video processing capabilities. The Shield has an advanced scaler that leverages AI to upscale HD video to 4K and provide detail enhancement. The fights look fantastic on it.

Casting & mirroring can be hit or miss. This is mainly because two of the three most popular wireless display technologies that we use today are proprietary (Google Cast & Apple AirPlay). Only Miracast is an open standard. So, people tend to run into compatibility issues since these protocols aren't cross-compatible. They'll try casting from say an Apple device like an iPhone/iPad directly to their Samsung TV and it won't work. Most Smart TVs today only support one of them. Maybe two if you're lucky. Media streamers like Roku though have a couple built-in and these devices are cheap. There are also third party devices and apps out there like AirServer that support all 3 wireless display protocols but they can have issues playing some types of protected content. Making matters worse DRM encryption is widely deployed nowadays by these popular streaming video services. Even the Thursday Night Football (NFL) games that you can stream for free off Twitch are DRM protected.

As far as pirate streams are concerned I've never needed to request a stream for any sports event. They're easy enough to find and freely available across the web. But, like you, I've gone a bit more legit in recent years. Quality & reliability are the main factors as you noted. You also get tired of having to alternate between streams when they drop or freeze up. It happens more frequently with high profile fights. It's annoying. There is a solution to this but I won't detail it here.

I've seen every PPV/Fight Night and haven't paid for a fight since Maybe GSP vs. Hardy if memory is correct and All the Wrestling for your Info does the job at the moment.

I've seen every PPV/Fight Night and haven't paid for a fight since Maybe GSP vs. Hardy if memory is correct and All the Wrestling for your Info does the job at the moment.
The reason I created this thread was to ask how people go about watching (streaming) the fights using legitimate methods. I should've been clearer, I guess.

IPTV

HD projector + 9.5 foot screen

7.2 surround
Wow. You definitely win the setup award. Who is your IPTV service provider? If their legality is questionable, or in a gray area, don't name them here (you can DM me instead).

My best trick:

I take my firestick with me, plug it in and watch the events live just like I would at home.

(I also have an IPTV subscription)
Yeah that’s awesome, nothing beats being with the family in a hotel room on some random vacation and being able to watch all your fights.

What I usually do is put it on my phone or table and hook it up to the hotel tv.

What I was talking about before was whenever that isn’t an option, such as the fight being on a weird hour or the wifi not allowing for streams or torrents. I log in to the pc back home and record it there then upload it to iCloud. That way whenever I’m finally at a place with decent wifi ill just download the file from I cloud and either watch it on the phone or on the hotel tv later that day when I’m back

On Saturday nights sometimes I'm racing my car, dating, or just want to hang out with friends that just aren't into Boxing or MMA.
So I custom made a tablet mount for my dash. Got a Samsung Galaxy TAB A 8.4 tablet with an AT&T unlimited data plan.
So I can stream the fights wherever in great quality. I made my mount detachable so I can also take my tablet out of the car into the grand stands at the track or into a bar or restaurant.

Since I'm rarely home by start time & its like a ritual/habbit I ussually just wind up watching the whole card on my tablet. Take it out the car and into the house.
Sometimes I use my Samsung hub data caster to wirelessly cast it to my big screen but to be honest I concentrate better and see more stuff with the tablet.

Attachments

• 20240303_123715.jpg
    20240303_123715.jpg
    779.5 KB · Views: 4
On Saturday nights sometimes I'm racing my car, dating, or just want to hang out with friends that just aren't into Boxing or MMA.
So I custom made a tablet mount for my dash. Got a Samsung Galaxy TAB A 8.4 tablet with an AT&T unlimited data plan.
So I can stream the fights wherever in great quality. I made my mount detachable so I can also take my tablet out of the car into the grand stands at the track or into a bar or restaurant.

Since I'm rarely home by start time & its like a ritual/habbit I ussually just wind up watching the whole card on my tablet. Take it out the car and into the house.
Sometimes I use my Samsung hub data caster to wirelessly cast it to my big screen but to be honest I concentrate better and see more stuff with the tablet.
Damn man that's nice. I've never mounted anything in my vehicle but have in my brother's. Remember when the PSP was the next big thing? I helped my brother mount one in his car. He'd watch movies on it and play games, listen to music, etc. I think the fights look even better on my tablets than they do on the big screen. High-end tablets tend to have some killer displays.

Damn man that's nice. I've never mounted anything in my vehicle but have in my brother's. Remember when the PSP was the next big thing? I helped my brother mount one in his car. He'd watch movies on it and play games, listen to music, etc. I think the fights look even better on my tablets than they do on the big screen. High-end tablets tend to have some killer displays.
Thanks! Yeah thats what this tablet is for too.
Unlimted Music & music videos any song i want when I want it for free with YouTube.
Better GPS navigation & car phone than the OEM navigation garbage. Performance data and race times data. OBD2 engine & vehicle Diagnostic troubleshooting. Can pan and control my DJI action cam with it. Also web browsing if phone is charging.. Its the same as having a backup phone with a bigger screen.

This tablet is relatively low end compared to some of the newer stuff. My Samsung Note cellphone is much better spec and hardware.
I would like to upgrade but this thing has just been too consistent . You can get them from the Amazon Samsung store for like only $130. Unreal to think it does what it does for that small amount of money.

You got me thinking it would be nice to upgrade to a higher end one thats only slightly bigger. But downloading my apps and making sure they work right would be kind of annoying.

Only other drawback is you have to keep the AC on or it will over heat in the AZ summer. On super hot days I try not to leave it in the car.

Still have Roku hooked up to one TV. Add the apps as needed and stream. $50 one time charge for the Roku. Works great.

Have a much newer, bigger and more expensive internet ready TV. They all work.

Do you mainly watch these popular streaming services (DAZN, ESPN, SKY, FITE, etc…) through their respective app or on their site? I mostly use their dedicated apps, since they're available for most devices/platforms, but not having to install anything is also nice.

What does your basic setup look like? Lately I've been watching from my Xbox Series X console which is hooked up via HDMI to a 60” Samsung 4K HDR Smart TV. I also have a 55” wall-mounted 4K HDR Roku TV in my bedroom. It's connected to an Nvidia Shield TV Pro. If I've already started watching the fights on one of my mobile devices, which is typically my tablet, then I'll eventually project them onto the big screen. App casting & screen mirroring are convenient since you don't need to run a cable to the display (TV or monitor). I recently taught my sister-in-law how to do this in only a few minutes. She now uses wireless projection at her workplace to beam presentations over to the conference room screen.

As far as real fancy multimedia entertainment setups go I did away with mine. Previously I had a full home theater setup but for viewing fights it's overkill. Most of the high-end AV equipment and some of the furniture was sold but I still have a media center located in my living room. If by chance any of you do have a home theater installed I'd be interested in hearing about it or seeing a photo.
Saying "yarrrrrrrrrr" while wearing an eye patch.

Back