What do you think about those projector TVs?

I imagine they're a little better now than when I had one, but it was never as good as a TV. You had to have perfect lighting and a perfect canvas for it to come close. It was great for watch parties for sports n' shit, where you're not paying too much attention to picture quality, but outside of that, mine ended up barely being used. Too much effort for not so great returns.

I have a 75" 4k Samsung OLED and I have NEVER seen an image quality on ANY projector that is better than on the Samsung.

The tv you describe is probably the same model as one of my coworkers. And he brags about it every time.

I watched a small portion of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies and I kid you not, my eyes felt like they were bleeding. Richness of detail, sharpness and color scale? For myself, I enjoy watching a movie on a TV if my eyes don't get tired after 10 minutes. Those of us who buy a new TV have different tastes. "Image quality" can be different for everyone.

In conclusion, I enjoy still images scanned with my old Nikon film scanner more than the digital images I take with my Canon 90D. Do the pictures taken by my Canon seem sharper than my old scanned slides? Maybe. But do the analog feel more real and vivid images? Absolutely.

I imagine they're a little better now than when I had one, but it was never as good as a TV. You had to have perfect lighting and a perfect canvas for it to come close. It was great for watch parties for sports n' shit, where you're not paying too much attention to picture quality, but outside of that, mine ended up barely being used. Too much effort for not so great returns.
Yeah pretty much that. Projectors made more sense back when large TVs were expensive. The only time (in my opinion) they make sense is in a rich persons home theatre where its professionally set up. They aren't worth the hassle over a TV.

Projectors were great back when you couldn't buy a 98" tv for $2k. Now they're kid of pointless IMO, just buy a huge tv.. it will be brighter and have better contrast.

Go lay down punk. The guy who started this thread asked for opinions on projectors and Im trying to save him some money over buying an expensive tv. I dont need to compensate Id throw a beating on you as I train every day and am a jacked motherfucker and slighty crazy. Hes the one who started being an asshole calling projector images shit.
They are not shit and as I said he probably doesnt know what hes talking about.
Are you his bff? Are you taking up for him? This is the wrong hill to be standing on so piss off.
Send me a pm if you want and I can give you direction to my gym and we can spar otherwise get lost.
Also the guy in your avatar is a liberal bitch that says all I need to know about you.
edit Never mind about sparing I dont want to get into it with people on here anymore and dont want to go back to jail after smashing some weak punk. I just kicked you to the ignore zone oooooooooooooooo.
Highway to the idgit zoneeeeee.
"jacked motherfucker and slighty crazy"

Well, I think it's safe to say that anyone reading this would believe half of that but I think you're selling yourself short with "slightly". You sure do go from zero to skinny nerd rage in a couple of seconds when people point out you're wrong.

Go sit down you utter dork.

Last edited:
it's not going to be better, but that big video feel is real cool and immersive.
But that's not the point I have been arguing since the start. It's always a trade-off between size and image quality. Go and look up any comparisons online about high end TVs and projectors and they will say the same thing.

I'm making an argument based on evidence and that skinny dork went full, basement dweller, nerd rage because he thinks that projectors are better... despite the fact he already agreed with me about better image quality in one of his posts.

Pretty sure another poster that he spazzed out at and then blocked was right... he sounds poor.

The tv you describe is probably the same model as one of my coworkers. And he brags about it every time.

I watched a small portion of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies and I kid you not, my eyes felt like they were bleeding. Richness of detail, sharpness and color scale? For myself, I enjoy watching a movie on a TV if my eyes don't get tired after 10 minutes. Those of us who buy a new TV have different tastes. "Image quality" can be different for everyone.

In conclusion, I enjoy still images scanned with my old Nikon film scanner more than the digital images I take with my Canon 90D. Do the pictures taken by my Canon seem sharper than my old scanned slides? Maybe. But do the analog feel more real and vivid images? Absolutely.
I dont find image quality creates any kind of eye strain, what does for me is viewing a screen which is large enough to go outside of your central field of view so your having to move you eyes around, sitting at the front of cinemas most obviously.

I don't think the digital/film comparison really works and actually I think a long of the advantage of a high end OLED 4K TV will be getting the best output of UHD disks for cinema shot on film. When your converting an analog medium to a digital one I think you benefit even more from maximum possible quality than you do with purely digital. Stuff shot on film which looks as close to viewing film as possible.

Big 4K OLED are getting quite affordable, they are so thin and light so they are very easy to mount as well, so I don't really see an advantage with projector.

Heres mine. As I said before I have 2 samsung 4k tvs and prefer the projector. I think alot of people on here putting projectors down havnt actually saw a good one. As you cant go in a store and watch projectors.
If @Fedorgasm doesnt want to waste a stupid amount of money on overpriced oleds then just get a projector. Get one from amazon YOU CAN RETURN IT IF NOT SATISFIED. As for the 2 guys I argued with enjoy your small tvs they wont make you any cooler or more likeable. And realize I cud bash both your skulls in probably at the same time. But thanks to sweetviolenturge telling me about ashwagandha on here Im a now more peaceful easy feeling kind of guy.:cool:

2.JPGBtw I forgot to mention alot of projectors including mine have 3d if you are still into that. The tiny over priced tvs dont. Heres my overpriced samsung 4k 70 inch too that I rarely watch. Been into projectors so long even this tv seems tiny now in my big living room so I pull a chair up closer to it to watch,

Heres mine. As I said before I have 2 samsung 4k tvs and prefer the projector. I think alot of people on here putting projectors down havnt actually saw a good one. As you cant go in a store and watch projectors.
If @Fedorgasm doesnt want to waste a stupid amount of money on overpriced oleds then just get a projector. Get one from amazon YOU CAN RETURN IT IF NOT SATISFIED. As for the 2 guys I argued with enjoy your small tvs they wont make you any cooler or more likeable. And realize I cud bash both your skulls in probably at the same time. But thanks to sweetviolenturge telling me about ashwagandha on here Im a now more peaceful easy feeling kind of guy.:cool:

You mean the two guys who called you out on your bullshit and you sperged out like the sad, skinny dork that you are? All this after you LITERALLY admitted that the point that I was making was correct...

More peaceful? So before, you just went full on nerd rage constantly then? You really are a weird, sad little geek...

Ye snobby people with their super high def tvs crack me up. They pay thousands for small tvs and have no idea other devices have as good a definition are bigger and cost way less.
FWIW, have the pleasure of 4 years watching sports and movies on a 1080p projector using a 12' white screen. Can't say it's anything short of amazing.

Life size athletes zoomed in clearly show minute details like facial hairs.

suprah

Banned​

Well that took about as long as expected... See you on your next account Mr nerdrage.

Big 4K OLED are getting quite affordable, they are so thin and light so they are very easy to mount as well, so I don't really see an advantage with projector.

It's not going to be OLED, but you can get a 75" 4k Samsung for $600 from Best Buy. It's not going to be high end, but it will be good enough for most people.

What a bad ass..
On your next account do tag people when you try to flex them, you will look less like a twat.

@Contempt
@PeterGriffin

Are shaking in your boots now? :)

anyone have recomendation for a projector that can fill a 8x10ft wall space and look sharp?

What a bad ass..
On your next account do tag people when you try to flex them, you will look less like a twat.

@Contempt
@PeterGriffin

Are shaking in your boots now? :)

The amount of bravado he had to muster up in his reply probably gave him a stroke while he was furiously smashing the keys. I mean, I think I lost about 37 seconds or so of sleep out of sheer fright that some rando could get that butthurt for being called out on his shit.

• Haha
Reactions: lsa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back