What do you think about those projector TVs?

I said you were wrong about quality. Some projectors give off great images and 1080p is good enough for me to watch most stuff. If I want to watch something with better quality I watch my 70 inch samsung 4k but I really dont watch it much.
Have you ever had a projector? Ive had 5 and 3 4k tvs.
I prefer sitting in front of 150 inches that blow me away instead of something way smaller that has insane definition.
If you dont thats fine but I think youd be surprised at how good a picture some has.
"I said you were wrong about quality."

"If I want to watch something with better quality I watch my 70 inch samsung 4k"

You stated that I was wrong about quality... and then immediately admitted that I was correct about quality...

I bought my current home in 2015 and the prior owner left a 9.5 foot projector screen in the basement.
(I also found some dvds of a self made indy horror/thriller film starring their son, I assume they did some sort of screening here. )

Bought a new 1080p HD projector ($600)
and hooked up 7.1 surround sound.

It's fucking awesome.

In 9 years i haven't had to change the bulb and I use that thing a lot. Just now it is starting to be ready for a new bulb which I bought but haven't installed yet.
I watch most UFC events on it, and it is great for sci-fi movies, like having my own private theater.

I didn't set it up like a "theater room" because I also use the space for band practice, I just have a big comfy couch and some nice chairs.

Having the much larger image is great for fights because it makes it easier to make out details of what happened in the fight.

I was particularly blown away by how amazing some of the animation work was on Star Wars Clown Wars. The cities and planets have such amazing detail work that really shines when you see an image big enough to make out the intricacies of the artwork.

Sometimes I would play 4k aquarium videos during parties or sometimes at band rehearsal and make it look like a beautiful expensive fishtank full of exotic fish, or leave on a nature documentary as background eye candy.

I'm fine watching a movie on a 43" OLED tv maybe a max of 50". This projector only sounds useful to me in an outdoor setting for some sort of athletic event like the Stanley cup coming up or the uefa champions league.

If you can dedicate a room to a projector then go for it. I had a 4k enhanced projector with 100" screen a few years ago and loved it. Movies look so much better on the big screen.
Wish I still had it but it crapped out and I just can't justify spending another 3k or more to get one that would handle my ps5 properly.

If you can dedicate a room to a projector then go for it. I had a 4k enhanced projector with 100" screen a few years ago and loved it. Movies look so much better on the big screen.
Wish I still had it but it crapped out and I just can't justify spending another 3k or more to get one that would handle my ps5 properly.
Get a BenQ TH575 Low Input Lag Console Gaming Projector it has the best image quality of any projector Ive had including a 4k one. Its short throw too so Ive got 150 inch screen at 11 plus feet away. And I only have my ps5 hooked to it and its great. If ya dont like it send it back to amazon. Its only 599 now.
also Chris Majestic on youtube shows great videos of projectors so you can decide whats best.

"I said you were wrong about quality."

"If I want to watch something with better quality I watch my 70 inch samsung 4k"

You stated that I was wrong about quality... and then immediately admitted that I was correct about quality...
1.JPG2.JPG

Now that Im off yellows I can post pics again. These pics look ok on here but have great definition on the screen. My projector also has HDR and can project a 300 inch image. So for 600 plus dollars I have a suitable image QUALITY thats huge. Find me a tv that can do that for even close to that price.
And there are projectors out now that project true 4k without using pixel shift that show an awesome image. I didnt know that when I replied to you earlier.

Last edited:
View attachment 1035207View attachment 1035208

Now that Im off yellows I can post pics again. These pics look ok on here but have great definition on the screen. My projector also has HDR and can project a 300 inch image. So for 600 plus dollars I have a suitable image QUALITY thats huge. Find me a tv that can do that for even close to that price.
And there are projectors out now that project true 4k without using pixel shift that show an awesome image. I didnt know that when I replied to you earlier.
That's the difference, I'd describe that image quality as shithouse.

If you're fine with that, then all good... but lets not pretend that in any way competes with image quality on an LG 4k OLED

LOL, not rich unfortunately. But I'm moving to an area where almost every house has a finished basement. Some people make them into game rooms, or man caves, or exercise rooms, but I've seen several where they've made it into a theater room.

Like this one below. This guy doesn't seem rich.

Too me that guy is rich. If I would have a basement it would be my apartement.

Reactions: 666
That's the difference, I'd describe that image quality as shithouse.

If you're fine with that, then all good... but lets not pretend that in any way competes with image quality on an LG 4k OLED
Piss off then enjoy ur little tv with "excellent" quality. Youve probably never had a projector or even saw one in person yet talking like you know all about them. Ive had 5 and 3 4k tvs I know what the fuck Im talking about. People come in my movie room and are blowed the fuck away. Doubt anyone is by your little tv.

Last edited:
Price is relative. A DLP projector with pixel shift 4k can be a few hundred bucks. A laser projector with native 4k can be a few grand. If you're comfortable with a refurb and patient enough to shop around for a while you can usually find one for damned near half off.

I would say if you're not an obessive cinefile don't worry too much about specs. Most people could not tell native, from pixel shift, from 1080p on most of the media they consume. Go to a store where you can see some projectors and check out a demo or two. If you think DLP looks good you can save yourself some money.

No matter what you spend, or what technology you buy, it's going to look like a projected image. It's going to be a little softer, less contrasty, and a little lighter than a TV. I really like the projected look for movies, it's not as good technically, but it feels "theatrical", for lack of a better word. The image feels like it moves differently.

Also note that what you project onto can be as important as the projector. A native 4k laser projector in a bright room projecting onto a beige bed sheet isnt' going to look as good as a 1080 dlp in a dark room with a good screen.

Price is relative. A DLP projector with pixel shift 4k can be a few hundred bucks. A laser projector with native 4k can be a few grand. If you're comfortable with a refurb and patient enough to shop around for a while you can usually find one for damned near half off.

I would say if you're not an obessive cinefile don't worry too much about specs. Most people could not tell native, from pixel shift, from 1080p on most of the media they consume. Go to a store where you can see some projectors and check out a demo or two. If you think DLP looks good you can save yourself some money.

No matter what you spend, or what technology you buy, it's going to look like a projected image. It's going to be a little softer, less contrasty, and a little lighter than a TV. I really like the projected look for movies, it's not as good technically, but it feels "theatrical", for lack of a better word. The image feels like it moves differently.

Also note that what you project onto can be as important as the projector. A native 4k laser projector in a bright room projecting onto a beige bed sheet isnt' going to look as good as a 1080 dlp in a dark room with a good screen.
I like my 1080p benq projector more than my optoma 4k or any other projector Ive had.
Use to think epson made the best but this benq is great. I keep thinking ye Im gonna buy the benq 4k and its even down to 1099 but I just cant justify it for a tiny bit better image. Wanted a laser for another bedroom.............I dunno well see. I already have a 4k "top" quality as that retard said samsung tv in there tho. I could just move shit around and use my epson to project a 200 inch image in there. I fucking suck I want bigger. I remember when my 150 inch was adequate Im always wanting bigger and better.
But no way in hell am I paying thousands for a small ass super high definition oled tv. I rarely watch my samsung 4k 70 inch.
Also that fool whos arguing with me I guess doesnt realize movie theaters use projectors and they are great images not shitty as he thinks.

I like my 1080p benq projector more than my optoma 4k or any other projector Ive had.
Use to think epson made the best but this benq is great. I keep thinking ye Im gonna buy the benq 4k and its even down to 1099 but I just cant justify it for a tiny bit better image. Wanted a laser for another bedroom.............I dunno well see. I already have a 4k "top" quality as that retard said samsung tv in there tho. I could just move shit around and use my epson to project a 200 inch image in there. I fucking suck I want bigger. I remember when my 150 inch was adequate Im always wanting bigger and better.
But no way in hell am I paying thousands for a small ass super high definition oled tv. I rarely watch my samsung 4k 70 inch.
Also that fool whos arguing with me I guess doesnt realize movie theaters use projectors and they are great images not shitty as he thinks.

There are still a lot of theaters running 2k projectors and the audience generally has no idea.

There are still a lot of theaters running 2k projectors and the audience generally has no idea.
Ye snobby people with their super high def tvs crack me up. They pay thousands for small tvs and have no idea other devices have as good a definition are bigger and cost way less.

Piss off then enjoy ur little tv with "excellent" quality. Youve probably never had a projector or even saw one in person yet talking like you know all about them. Ive had 5 and 3 4k tvs I know what the fuck Im talking about. People come in my movie room and are blowed the fuck away. Doubt anyone is by your little tv.
I've been talking about the quality from the start and you've just been a ridiculous asshat from the start.

To quote your own words: "If I want to watch something with better quality I watch my 70 inch samsung 4k"

So by your own admission, your projector is low quality, it's just big. Good for you, sick of trying to argue with an idiot that already agreed with me then tried to backtrack.

Enjoy your large, garbage image. I don't care.

Look you ridiculous, little spastic. I know you are apparently butthurt that I pointed out in the very first post that the quality is better on 4k OLED TV'S which you already ADMITTED, then lost your mind for whatever reason. You like large, garbage projected images... nobody cares. That hasn't been the point since the start of the discussion.

Movie theatres use projectors are tens of thousands of dollars and are not even remotely comparable to your garbage 1080p projector... but I guess you don't know that :rolleyes:

Ye snobby people with their super high def tvs crack me up. They pay thousands for small tvs and have no idea other devices have as good a definition are bigger and cost way less.

Seriously dude, wtf are you looking for? A pat on the back, or everyone on Sherdog to offer you a resounding, "You're right, the retard was wrong!" support?

I have a 75" 4k Samsung OLED and I have NEVER seen an image quality on ANY projector that is better than on the Samsung. Also, for what it's worth, in the past I have done service and support for a local telecom for well over a decade and have done service calls on basically any brand and type of TV on the market. I have seen better setups than what you run, and believe me, you are trying too damn hard to push your narrative.

We get it, you like big. It's almost as if you are compensating for something, or are poor. No offense, but you sure as fuck came off as a dick just because he didn't echo your opinion.

Seriously dude, wtf are you looking for? A pat on the back, or everyone on Sherdog to offer you a resounding, "You're right, the retard was wrong!" support?

I have a 75" 4k Samsung OLED and I have NEVER seen an image quality on ANY projector that is better than on the Samsung. Also, for what it's worth, in the past I have done service and support for a local telecom for well over a decade and have done service calls on basically any brand and type of TV on the market. I have seen better setups than what you run, and believe me, you are trying too damn hard to push your narrative.

We get it, you like big. It's almost as if you are compensating for something, or are poor. No offense, but you sure as fuck came off as a dick just because he didn't echo your opinion.
Go lay down punk. The guy who started this thread asked for opinions on projectors and Im trying to save him some money over buying an expensive tv. I dont need to compensate Id throw a beating on you as I train every day and am a jacked motherfucker and slighty crazy. Hes the one who started being an asshole calling projector images shit.
They are not shit and as I said he probably doesnt know what hes talking about.
Are you his bff? Are you taking up for him? This is the wrong hill to be standing on so piss off.
Send me a pm if you want and I can give you direction to my gym and we can spar otherwise get lost.
Also the guy in your avatar is a liberal bitch that says all I need to know about you.
edit Never mind about sparing I dont want to get into it with people on here anymore and dont want to go back to jail after smashing some weak punk. I just kicked you to the ignore zone oooooooooooooooo.
Highway to the idgit zoneeeeee.

Last edited:
LOL, not rich unfortunately. But I'm moving to an area where almost every house has a finished basement. Some people make them into game rooms, or man caves, or exercise rooms, but I've seen several where they've made it into a theater room.

Like this one below. This guy doesn't seem rich.

from the thumbnail, the guy's room has no windows, and that's where a projector needs to be, it's not bright enough.

what worries me is that projectors dont have a ton of innovation, volume, and support. I've always wanted a projector, but does it have ARC, and how well does it work with other components, and how can you setup other components, etc. you need a simple device that others can use without much effort. Running cables would be a one time pain point.

Go lay down punk. The guy who started this thread asked for opinions on projectors and Im trying to save him some money over buying an expensive tv. I dont need to compensate Id throw a beating on you as I train every day and am a jacked motherfucker and slighty crazy. Hes the one who started being an asshole calling projector images shit.
They are not shit and as I said he probably doesnt know what hes talking about.
Are you his bff? Are you taking up for him? This is the wrong hill to be standing on so piss off.
Send me a pm if you want and I can give you direction to my gym and we can spar otherwise get lost.
Also the guy in your avatar is a liberal bitch that says all I need to know about you.
edit Never mind about sparing I dont want to get into it with people on here anymore and dont want to go back to jail after smashing some weak punk. I just kicked you the the ignore zone oooooooooooooooo.

Man, you can fuck right the fuck off. No one gives a flying fuck about who you are, what you train, how big your muscles are. No one's scared bro. You don't just come off as a prick, you are one. Also, I didn't think you could find a way to sound like a bigger douchebag loser,but congratulations, you did it.

Given your attitude and the way you treat others, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before you end up back in the pen. It's guys like you that always bite off more than you can chew. Have a nice day.

Wrong?

Show me a single reputable source that would state that the quality of image on a projector, much less a 1080P one would remotely compare to the top OLED TV's.
it's not going to be better, but that big video feel is real cool and immersive.

Back