International How Do you think AOC handled this?

How did AOC handle this?

• Poorly

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • As well as you possibly could

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters
I think this really illustrates how fringey these people are. The most left-wing member of the federal government is unacceptable to the far left. People can just totally ignore them.

to give you a non-troll answer, we've been telling you this for 10 years. woke is a race to the extremes and by definition they can never go too far because there's an infinite number of marginalized groups that need representation. did you ever imagine that dudes in dresses would get higher priority as women than actual women?

you can never be left enough. by obama's second term his own crowd turned on him and it was under his presidency that wokeism branched off and exploded in size.

FT_Among_Millennials.png

Intense onesided warfare where Israel pounded the crap out of a defenseless population. Whats the percentage for it to be a genocide? 10%? 98.5% of the Gazan population are like refugees now without anything working. 1.5% of the US population would be close to 5 million people.
well, depends on what you mean.

The actual genocide definition in Article II of the Genocide Convention requires "intent to destroy... national, ethnical, racial or religious group..." which is a mens rea (mental) fault element.

So, if you don't have an internal memo or whistle-blowers to give evidence detailing a committed plan of genocide, you are left with trying to prove it by inference by looking at body counts and street-level POV anecdotes or IDF soldiers caught being fuckwits. People might point to nutter generals and fringe people within the government's coalition making statements, but you're going to need more than that to prove the ICJ case, which is ongoing.

So, I can see why AOC and Bernie hesitate to call it "genocide" but then proceed to call out the actus reus (physical fault element) - ie body count and other things.

If you're going to burn that bridge with Israel, zionists (Christian and Jewish), media and social elites, and the liberal wing of the Democratic party, better be sure and be strategic about it.

Lol at people just walking around staring at their phones trying to get reactions out of people so they can post it on social media.

They should have their phones shoved up their asses and left there.

We don’t agree much… but this 100%

She actually seemed like a real person here and was genuinely bothered. I give her credit for that. But, she created this monster. You can never be left enough for these "radicals".

It’s too late for them to go back to the middle now

well, depends on what you mean.

The actual genocide definition in Article II of the Genocide Convention requires "intent to destroy... national, ethnical, racial or religious group..." which is a mens rea (mental) fault element.

So, if you don't have an internal memo or whistle-blowers to give evidence detailing a committed plan of genocide, you are left with trying to prove it by inference by looking at body counts and street-level POV anecdotes or IDF soldiers caught being fuckwits. People might point to nutter generals and fringe people within the government's coalition making statements, but you're going to need more than that to prove the ICJ case, which is ongoing.

So, I can see why AOC and Bernie hesitate to call it "genocide" but then proceed to call out the actus reus (physical fault element) - ie body count and other things.

If you're going to burn that bridge with Israel, zionists (Christian and Jewish), media and social elites, and the liberal wing of the Democratic party, better be sure and be strategic about it.
I get what you mean, we call Trump a fascist president even though he doesn't qualify by the definition of that term.
Frustrating to see Israel getting away with it for decades, and now turning Gaza into a slaughterhouse.

Liberals need to do a better job calling these nuts out. The right needs to do better calling out the fanatics too
I think they do a pretty good job. Hence the hatred the far left has for normal liberals. Crazy rightists actually control the GOP (hence Trump). Crazy leftists are shunned by the mainstream left.

@Andy Capp, note that you never see non-crazy Republicans calling out SN/Rob/Whippy/types. And you never see far-right types harassing far-right Republicans in gov't. The reason is that there's very little distinction between the mainstream right and the crazies. But there is a big gap between the crazy left and the mainstream left.

Are there still legal ramifications for using the G Word?

I feel like a generation ago, politicians were afraid to say the word Genocide because it became a tripwire for taking action.

(We can't state that there is a genocide going on is Awesomestan, because if we do, we our legally bound to send troops to stop it)

Are there still legal ramifications for using the G Word?

I feel like a generation ago, politicians were afraid to say the word Genocide because it became a tripwire for taking action.

(We can't state that there is a genocide going on is Awesomestan, because if we do, we our legally bound to send troops to stop it)
That's kind of my recollection too.

But these far-left nutters are addicted to catastrophizing. There's a poster here (@ferrisjso, I think) who calls the lack of single payer "genocide." Not reducing emissions fast enough is genocide now. McDonald's being out of hot mustard sauce is genocide.

@Andy Capp, note that you never see non-crazy Republicans calling out SN/Rob/Whippy/types. And you never see far-right types harassing far-right Republicans in gov't. The reason is that there's very little distinction between the mainstream right and the crazies. But there is a big gap between the crazy left and the mainstream left.
Indeed, no disagreement there, except that I would hesitate to say "never". The Faux Reasonable types will do it now and again to establish bullshit bona fides when getting called out for their pretense.

The self-identified centrists in particular crack me up when it comes to their silly shtick about how trying to hold Trump to account for his behavior is just making him more popular. Even if that's true, so what?

She looks good for a women that age.

I think this really illustrates how fringey these people are. The most left-wing member of the federal government is unacceptable to the far left. People can just totally ignore them.
It's over this issue at present. They would generally support her. But 49% of dems in a recent poll say it's genocide. This is causing some friction imo. I have Jewish friends who are libs that are obv upset with the party over it. This particular issue has been interesting to watch. Though I agree... the fringe are the ones walking around following politicians etc videoing like idiots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bry
I’ve never been followed around with a camera like that. If I were an elected official, I’d just keep saying that I’ve answered the question already and have no further comment. She gave the people
What they wanted. I’d say she handled it a 3/10.

There is distinction and you had the tea party trying to unseat the party out of displeasure of what they were doing. I do believe this ushered in Trump eventually even though there were standard conservatives running.

How well do you think she handled this?

I'm not a fan of her whatsoever but consider her reaction rather controlled.

She was upset, but she obviously knew the assholes were attempting to get a reaction out of her with multiple cellphone cameras pointed at her.

Indeed, no disagreement there, except that I would hesitate to say "never". The Faux Reasonable types will do it now and again to establish bullshit bona fides when getting called out for their pretense.

The self-identified centrists in particular crack me up when it comes to their silly shtick about how trying to hold Trump to account for his behavior is just making him more popular. Even if that's true, so what?
Faux reasonable type checking in :cool:

Maybe this will open her eyes to the fuel she puts on these fires. These idiots are growing like a fungus, with college campuses feeding the ignorance. I am no fan of hers but she has a right to defend herself. That cell phone would have been smashed if it were me.

Back