How does Gus have the moral high ground over Jon Jones?

are u retarded?
Nothing significant recently happened with regards to a Jon Jones action
The new event is a continuation of an old one

Unless you mean he and DC roasting each other over twitter

Nothing significant recently happened with regards to a Jon Jones action
The new event is a continuation of an old one

Unless you mean he and DC roasting each other over twitter
lol 'continuation of an old one'
<YeahOKJen>

Context matters.

Jones has been a trainwreck during his time as a professional fighter and representative of the sport. Gus has not.

Even Black Beast served some time in jail long time ago, but he is currently one of the most liked fighters.

what the actual fuck
getting into fights as a teenager is not at all equal to almost killing a pregnant woman and then running away.

Jones is a grown fucking man you idiot.
Kay, while I can't argue the hit and run was dispicable "almost killing" is pretty fucking absurd since all she sufffered was a broken wrist and I have to wonder how much anyone would actually give a shit about it had he had the good fortune of hitting a middle aged white lawer or something instead of a "pregnant women".

Not defending his actions but the moral outrage seems pretty fake to me and it's not like he knew she was a "pregnant women" at the time nor does that really have any bearing on the shittyness of fleeing the scene of an accident.

Gus learned from his mistakes and worked to make himself a better person.

Jones continues to make increasingly bad decisions, and never takes responsibility for his choices.
I dunno why this even had to be said though.

Many fighters come from violence,and make a career out of it to channel themselves into a constructive,positive,and healthy way. Gus would not be the first fighter who comes from that.We havent heard of him being involved in anything while being a professional fighter,and if he hadnt said anything,we might never know what he had done in his youth in Sweden.

Jones on the other hand,has all the oppurtunity and potential be great and has squandered years of his career,with drugs,alcohol,lying,cheating,and taking little to no account for any of it. I dont really take into account the people here who alternate between saying Jones is innocent and then demand that all drugs should be legal at the same time. Im talking about the guys who were/are genuine fans of his who are constantly dissapointed in his self sabotage.

Last edited:
Kay, while I can't argue the hit and run was dispicable "almost killing" is pretty fucking absurd since all she sufffered was a broken wrist and I have to wonder how much anyone would actually give a shit about it had he had the good fortune of hitting a middle aged white lawer or something instead of a "pregnant women".

Not defending his actions but the moral outrage seems pretty fake to me and it's not like he knew she was a "pregnant women" at the time nor does that really have any bearing on the shittyness of fleeing the scene of an accident.
When I say 'almost killing', I mean that if Jon had perhaps hit the other car at a slightly different angle or at a higher speed, the woman could have definitely been killed. And even if he DID kill her, he would still run away all the same because he didn't check if she was okay or not. Jon is simply lucky she didn't die, because she, and/or her unborn child could have died.

I can agree with you on the fact that he didn't know who he hit and that it has no bearing on the crime he committed. However, it simply just helps hammers in the point that Jon doesn't care about anyone who could be impacted by his shitty decisions.
I wouldn't really call it 'outrage'... I'm just surprised that so many people try to defend this guy when Jon's sociopathic ass doesn't give a shit about any of them lol.

Jones has done shitty things, so we can call him a shitty person.
Gus has done shitty things, so we can call him a shitty person.

None of the above makes a shit of difference in terms of their MMA career in all honesty.

What DOES make a difference is that just one of them has been caught cheating on more than one occasion, and continues to cheat.

I'm not a Jones hater, but the man is a cheat, and opponents deserve a level playing field.

How?
Just by time?
What philanthropic or redemptive things has Gus done? To my memory when asked about it he just says he was young, which isn’t exactly taking responsibility
For one he has worked pro bono at the same youth detention center he himself was once incarcerated in. I think as a "guidance counselor" or something. And no, it's not some PR bullshit thing but a real thing he doesn't event talk to the media about.

For one he has worked pro bono at the same youth detention center he himself was once incarcerated in. I think as a "guidance counselor" or something. And no, it's not some PR bullshit thing but a real thing he doesn't event talk to the media about.
Please post a source

Gus lived a bad life but changed and is now living a better one. If you believes that people should try to change for the better you need to let people do so. Not that you need to forget what happened.

Jones is still mixed up in everything bad and clearly doesn't do anything but lie about it. He has no apparent intentions to better himself.

That should be something all averagely gifted people can figure out on their own. This is also an MMA forum so we're discussing the sport here. Jones is the one pissing on the sport by being such a big cheater that he keeps getting caught.

Who cares about the moral high ground. This is human cockfighting. Just bleed.

Back