How good/bad are eggs for you?

Oregonmma

2x Ice cream belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Over the years we've heard many different sides of how good/bad eggs are for you. For a long time they were thought to be unhealthy and up until somewhat recently that has changed. I always look for something to eat when I get home from work and recently it's been two eggs with rice and a lil cheese wrapped in a tortilla. I've been trying to watch my cholesterol as it was quite high last time I got blood work done. There is a lot of conflicting data out there so I figured I'd go to those that know nutrition the best. My sherbros.

So what do you guys think?

Eggs make me fart more and make it smell more. Other than that, DELICIOUS!

egg, mayo, crispy bacon, cheese salad sanwhiiches

Eggs have been a primary fuel source for animals for eons. It’s about the cheapest and cleanest protein you can get.

There was a big scare that eating eggs would raise your cholesterol and cause heart disease but there have been numerous studies since showing it has no effect.

We’ve been eating eggs for 100s of thousands of years. We wouldn’t have survived if they were bad for us.

Love eggs, just not a fan of the smell after you boil them.

I eat them daily.

They are very unhealthy/healthy because eggs have cholesterol and cholesterol is the
1. worst, it will clog up your veins and give you a heart attack. Especially if eaten with carbs.
2. best, it is a precursor to testosterone. If you eat enough each day, it has a bigger impact than steroids and is healthier.

Please pick 1 or 2, it's like a "choose your own adventure".

They're great. I eat them daily. The commercial reminds me of the horrible diet trends back then, that ruined my breakfasts growing up.
Egg whites:
hqdefault.jpg

Fake bacon:
s-l400.jpg

Don't have to say what this drek is:

Eat them almost everyday. Loved them since I was a child. No health issues at all besides the need to exercise more for a better body, but, all my numbers are great for a 40-something.

Cannot keep a track of what foods are horrible for you. It seems to change all the time. From one study to the next.

Over the years we've heard many different sides of how good/bad eggs are for you. For a long time they were thought to be unhealthy and up until somewhat recently that has changed. I always look for something to eat when I get home from work and recently it's been two eggs with rice and a lil cheese wrapped in a tortilla. I've been trying to watch my cholesterol as it was quite high last time I got blood work done. There is a lot of conflicting data out there so I figured I'd go to those that know nutrition the best. My sherbros.

Brown Pasture raised eggs for the win. Worth the extra cost for the taste is much better.

Nature's perfect food... any "science" calling them bad is utter bullshit.

They're great. I eat them daily. The commercial reminds me of the horrible diet trends back then, that ruined my breakfasts growing up.
Egg whites:
hqdefault.jpg

Fake bacon:
s-l400.jpg

Don't have to say what this drek is:

We've been hoodwinked and flat out lied to by these cocksuckers... Basically eat everything they say is bad for you.

I eat them daily.

They are very unhealthy/healthy because eggs have cholesterol and cholesterol is the
1. worst, it will clog up your veins and give you a heart attack. Especially if eaten with carbs.
2. best, it is a precursor to testosterone. If you eat enough each day, it has a bigger impact than steroids and is healthier.

Please pick 1 or 2, it's like a "choose your own adventure".

No... patently false and thoroughly debunked. Eating cholesterol =/= raise cholesterol. And every cell membrane is made of cholesterol. It's absolutely essential. Constantly elevated insulin in the presence of triglycerides is problematic but whole eggs are nutritional powerhouses and a perfect food.

Back