How good is Anthony Joshua?

Im a fan of Joshua and believe he's currently the best of a pile of garbage HW's right now. But you're delusional if you think he's one of the best ever.

It remains to be seen really...and honestly beating a 41-year old Wlad means more than beating anyone else in the division not named Tyson or Deontay.

The fight with Klitch was great but he is 41 and was likely ahead on the scorecards before the 11th round ko. I don't know if he beats a 32 year old Klitch, but he is likely still getting better himself. Who can he fight to even test him with the Klitchs gone? Is he just going to be a can destroyer (which Wlad was much of his career)?

Hes good but has terrible stamina gases after 5 rounds is dead doesn't throw punches, that's when I would pressure him making him fight every round but make him miss. But with pressure use my legs like Ali and a jab for 5 rounds then jump on him even more and open him up winning rounds if I can't get the KO.

Fight him like how Evander fought Riddick Bow or George Foreman, getting in and out using your legs hit him with combinations and then tie him up or move out of his range making him chase you. Because like Bow, other then their first fight his stamina was really bad and got worse over time. But you have to have great defense and a great chin and great legs and can throw punches in combinations to pull it off and great stamina.

Hes a big guy with like George Foreman with bad stamina issues. That's why you push him to see what he is made of and if he can adjust to it.

Klitchko was doing this but not enough when Joshua was gases but Klitchko was 41 when they fought

If he fixes his stamina issues then hes a tough fighter to beat in any ERA of boxing because of his size and power, haven't seen enough of his skills yet to gauge him skill wise.
Skill wise I don't think he is as good as Riddick Bow, Riddick had mad skill because he could fight you on the inside and outside had a great jab, but was lazy as hell. It got so bad his trainer said he was a lost cause and left him, that's how lazy he was but you can't deny his boxing skills,

And hes not 7 of top 10 list of Heavy weights of all time he just got started . We have to see first how good he is then rank him.

If he has a career like Lennox then hes great, I personally think Lennox Luis is underrated by many.

He doesn't beat prime Lennox prime Holyfield and prime Riddick Bow the one that fought Holyfield.

Ali schools him and Joe Frazier makes him quit to busy and chin to good for Joshua. Those 15 rounds would be hell for him to overcome .

He's a big, young HW with impressive power and clean punching, who proved he could get up from the canvas and carry his power to win a tough championship bout in round 11.

He can certainly evolve into something important if he improves his pacing and the way he moves his head. It's still early to tell.

It's still early days but Joshua is very powerful and has good hand speed and in the Klitschko fight obviously shown us he has heart, albeit he drastically needs to improve on his stamina

For me though, I'd like to see Joshua improve on a few things, head movement, working the body more, stamina, hes nowhere near the full article yet and he still has plenty of time to improve, and plenty of things to improve on

Joshua is 7th all-time on my list of great HWs. But I can see him being fairly ranked anywhere between 6th and 8th, depending on how highly one rated Gary Cornish.
If he can somehow pull off the win again in the inevitable Cornish rematch, he's the p4p GOAT for sure

He's a big, young HW with impressive power and clean punching, who proved he could get up from the canvas and carry his power to win a tough championship bout in round 11.

He can certainly evolve into something important if he improves his pacing and the way he moves his head. It's still early to tell.

I want to make it perfectly clear that an asterisk should have been put by his "0" since Pulev had to pull out, though.

hmmm, tbh we wont know because he just happens to live in a time when the heavyweight division isnt doing too well

its always sad when potentially great fighters dont have other great fighters to go against

that said vitali would hand joshuas arse to him in his prime

No chance Joshua is still a novice he hasnt even had 20 pro fights. He hasn't hit his peak..

Joshua fought the best version of Wlad we have seen in a very long time.

That Wlad would have beat fury easily.

Joshua is the best heavyweight since Lewis, and has the potential to be as good as any heavyweight we have seen. Lets just hope to see there is some top class competition coming through over the next 5 years to see how good he can be.

There is another young british fighter coming throug who has the potential to challenge joshua but he is 3 or 4 years away from challenging him.

The fight with Klitch was great but he is 41 and was likely ahead on the scorecards before the 11th round ko.

Just to clarify, AJ was actually ahead on 2 of the 3 judges scorecards at the time of the TKO. The UK commentators stated that during the post fight interviews.

He's the best currently at HW imo but he has things to work on if he wants to remain unbeaten.

No chance Joshua is still a novice he hasnt even had 20 pro fights. He hasn't hit his peak..

Joshua fought the best version of Wlad we have seen in a very long time.

That Wlad would have beat fury easily.

Joshua is the best heavyweight since Lewis, and has the potential to be as good as any heavyweight we have seen. Lets just hope to see there is some top class competition coming through over the next 5 years to see how good he can be.

There is another young british fighter coming throug who has the potential to challenge joshua but he is 3 or 4 years away from challenging him.

wlad just fought how vitali wouldve fought and he doesnt have the chin to do that, thats literally been the only criticism of wlad is his chin, whereas vitali was known for having the best

all my statement is its sad joshua wasnt born in a different era because there arent really any good fights for him now wlad is done

He's already the best heavyweight in the world and he only first put gloves on to train for the first time aroud 10 years ago. He's going to get a LOT better.

To answer the question, Joshua is good and only getting better. Even with that layoff, his advanced age and points loss to Fury, Wlad was a huge step up in competition for Joshua.

Yeah the key is hes still improving. He’s only been boxing just over 10years which is nothing. He has loads of improvements left to make, people should judge him at the end rather than the start of his career. He is the best HW currently, and that’s difficult to argue against until either wilder fights a live opponent or that fight each other

I think we need to rank fighters right away, before we forget about their fights and knock-outs.

My list as of today.

1. Iron Mike Tyson
2. Mohammed Ali
3. George Foreman
4. Rocky Marciano
5. Real Deal Holyfield
6. Lennox Lewis (could be switched with #7)
7. Anthony Joshua
8. Joe Louis (could be switched with #7)

No one else that is active right now deserves to be ranked in the top 10 IMO. Of course, if Wilder defends his title a few more times, he will definitely be there.

Mike Tyson is the most overrated fighter of all time. He lost to every good fighter that he went up against like Holyfield douglas and Lennox

Tyson beat a bunch of cans. Who is his best win, Spinx? LOL

Mike Tyson is the most overrated fighter of all time. He lost to every good fighter that he went up against like Holyfield douglas and Lennox

He was the youngest HW champion of all-time! And Prime Mike Tyson had explosive head movement. I'm keeping him at #1.

Just to clarify, AJ was actually ahead on 2 of the 3 judges scorecards at the time of the TKO. The UK commentators stated that during the post fight interviews.

I disagreed with it at the time but seeing the fight since I had it close, wlad being 1 round up going in to the 11th

Last edited:

It’s difficult to argue against that but his problem was the division was shit when he was at his peak.

I think we need to rank fighters right away, before we forget about their fights and knock-outs.

My list as of today.

1. Iron Mike Tyson
2. Mohammed Ali
3. George Foreman
4. Rocky Marciano
5. Real Deal Holyfield
6. Lennox Lewis (could be switched with #7)
7. Anthony Joshua
8. Joe Louis (could be switched with #7)

No one else that is active right now deserves to be ranked in the top 10 IMO. Of course, if Wilder defends his title a few more times, he will definitely be there.

Mike tyson at #1
<36><{vega}>

He is good today, shit comparing to old heavy.

Back