How is Tony Ferguson not a good matchup for Conor McGegor on paper ? Am I missing something

People seem to forget that Tony was gassing hard in the 2 round against Kevin Lee, he only got away it coz Lee gassed even harder, he's bulked up to much in the last year in my opinion and was showing the effects.

I don't think Conor will have too many problems with Ferguson, and the people who expect Conor to gas at 8 minutes are indulging in wishful thinking, at 155 Conor will have enough gas to put Tony on his ass as many times as it takes for the referee to put Tony out his misery.

conor fought eddie abour 2.5 months after his last fight in mma vs nate2

eddie defended his belt 5 months after he won it from rda

conor hasnt fought mma in over a year since winning the lw belt and will most likely go to 1.5 YEARS

even though there were contenders like kabib and tony there the whole time

if you can say with a straight face that he isnt ducking or scared shitless of tony even after all his ducking to the fw and lw belts then theres something wrong with you

back when conor was coming up in fw he would always say i like to "stay active" "fighting is easy" now he needs a millisecond between wining the belt and defeanding it which will be more than 1.5 YEARS lmfao

When did Nate Diaz took Conor down? And Nate Diaz is division 1 wrestler?

He took him down once in both fights. Round one in the first fight, and fifth round in the second fight.

and no, that's the joke.

oh wow
another conor is da best thread

Tony would demolish Conor. or not. who cares

It's amazing to me how many state with certainty that either of these two stand no chance against the other. Both have their paths to victory, both could find a sudden finish, both have shown vulnerabilities that the other could exploit.

Tony fans think he can take down Conor because mendes could but they forgot that mendes is one of the best wrestler in UFC
90% of Tony 'fans' are actually just Conor haters.
That should explain everything

Here are some facts:

- Conor's weaknesses are guys with elite wrestling(like Chad Mendes) or good boxing defense(Nate). Tony has neither

- Tony gets hit clean on the chin pretty much every fight, he is wild. Guys like Kevin Lee and Lando dropped him, I can see McGregor doing the same

- Conor has only gassed against Nate when he was at 167 lbs and against Floyd, but that was after 7-8 rounds(20+ minutes) and Conor was pretty much doing all the work, Floyd carried him. Tony Ferguson cannot afford to take 4 rounds off before Conor slows down

- Tony certainly is durable, but people were saying the same about Eddie Alvarez ... you have a chin until you don't

- Tony is not that much bigger, Holloway and Poirier are about his size and Conor didnt have much trouble.
7-8 rounds??? Conor was gassed in the 4th!!! Less than 12 minutes!!!

RDA beat him with leg kicks and wrestling. Josh headkicked him. Neither of them tried to box Nate, unlike guys like Cerrone and MJ
Josh outstruck Nate before head kicking him. RDA outstruck Nate while chopping him down with leg kicks, which shows how easy it is to shut down Nate's game if you follow the blue print and have the skills to do it (aka Most elite LW's).

Tony gets put down, but never put out. Conor did the same with Diaz, but couldn't put him out.

Tony has cardio for days, a tough chin to put completely out, and more tools than Diaz to win. He keeps insane pressure, which will tire Conor out even faster, and can wrestle/grapple if needed.

I dont understand how anyone can give Conor a chance.

Fergie is just another poirier. Does the chicken dance in every fight.

Yes he has good recovery but so does alvarez. Conor drops fergie 3/4 times in an efficient manner and fergie ends up ugly and dumber.

doesnt matter connie doesnt fight anymore delete thread.

conor fought eddie abour 2.5 months after his last fight in mma vs nate2

eddie defended his belt 5 months after he won it from rda

conor hasnt fought mma in over a year since winning the lw belt and will most likely go to 1.5 YEARS

even though there were contenders like kabib and tony there the whole time

if you can say with a straight face that he isnt ducking or scared shitless of tony even after all his ducking to the fw and lw belts then theres something wrong with you

back when conor was coming up in fw he would always say i like to "stay active" "fighting is easy" now he needs a millisecond between wining the belt and defeanding it which will be more than 1.5 YEARS lmfao
wats crazy is khabib hasnt fought once.

and tony fought 1 time. while conor took on goat of boxing,

I'm on the fence with this fight, it's why i want to see it so much.

Conor could catch Tony and KO him.

If Conor doesn't clip him, Tony will come on heavy in the latter stages and most likely finish Conor.
Connor will hit him a lot. The only question is whether he can take it long enough for Connor to slow.

Looks a lot like Diaz 2.

Conor drops and hurts Tony on multiple occasions and runs from halfway through the 3rd on. Wins close decision and fucks off for another year and a half.

Tony's boxing Is literally not In the same universe as Nate
His overall striking is though.

Nate literally ONLY has boxing. That is it. He has nothing else in the stand up realm. No leg kicks, nothing.

Ferguson on the other hand, will throw nasty elbows, solid leg kicks, imanari rolls, and just about anything else he can conjure up. He is WAYYYY more creative on his feet that Nate could ever think of being.

Very high pressure fighter with great recovery.

Significant reach advantage.

Great wrestling credentials and extremely effective BJJ

Amazing cardio.

Wide variety of strikes

Plenty of tools to win. Could go either way

Are you seriously posting a professional athletes achievements from when he was in school? Did you forget to link to his water safety medal and helping-elderly-people-cross-the-road boyscout badge? He has to fight fully grown men who are high-level professional athletes in the UFC, not pimply-faced, masturbation-smelling 14 year old boys.
He claimed that Tony wasn't a great wrestler and I posted his wrestling cridentials to show otherwise. You don't understand logic or reasoning?

Back