How is Volk #1 p4p when he lost the p4p fight???

He moved up in weight and won according to the majority. Even a razor thin loss is more positive for the guy moving up.

He moved up in weight and won according to the majority. Even a razor thin loss is more positive for the guy moving up.

Majority? in what world lol

a small loud minority

Its that simple. P4p means the best no matter what weightclass, and volk lost to islam, so how could he still be p4p #1. Its all marketing.

Can Islam make 145lbs and Beat Volk at 145lbs?

I dont think he can but if he tried it ... expect more of this but worst.

c71fcf04-e62f-4e4d-9f93-3d3412322ece_0d1a4f49.jpg

The fight wasn't as close as people are making it out to be just due to how much better Volk did than expected, especially with his grappling, but got beaten soundly in the stand up.

The fight wasn't as close as people are making it out to be just due to how much better Volk did than expected, especially with his grappling, but got beaten soundly in the stand up.

Volk lost in strikes and was ground controlled for 8 minutes in a 25 minute fight

that's fucking crazy

Are you mentally retarded? He didn't lose a P4P fight. He went UP in weight and lost a close decision.

If Islam wants to be pound for pound he would have to go down to featherweight and beat Volk, that's how it works.

That is not what pound for pound means. You can balloon up and make any weight, that does not make you naturally the exact same size. I'm not saying he's the best though.

Its that simple. P4p means the best no matter what weightclass, and volk lost to islam, so how could he still be p4p #1. Its all marketing.
The 145 champion went up and lost a close 48-47 to the guy in the division above. He won every single scoring criteria except control time and finished the fight with Islam holding on for dear life. That's why he is P4P over Islam.

you don't move up P4P rankings by barely beating smaller guys. Also if the fight had an extra round, Islam would have been fucked. Volk ended the fight WAY stronger.

P4P is manlet cope.

We all know who the real proven P4P is…

<JonesLaugh>
If you’re referring to Jones as P4P, he’s not. He’s been juicing and cheating his entire career and was gifted wins he clearly lost.

Also Hamill has a W over Jones so clearly Hamill is P4P however you wanna slice it, W is a W, Jones fault for cheating shots.

Just more dumb stuff from you kid. They weren't the same weight. You quoted a post that said "roughly the same weight" and turned into "the same weight"

Islam was 15' lb bigger in the cage
You think Islam was 185 lbs in the cage?

<{MingNope}>

"I've always had to cut a fair bit. I'll still have to cut a fair bit for lightweight. A lot of people think I'm just gonna walk in on weight. I'm like, 80 kilograms. I got up to 80 kilograms for this one. Now, I'm gonna start bringing it down," Volkanovski added. "I don't wanna fight at that weight. I wanna fight a little bit lighter. I wanna make sure I'm at the perfect (balance) where I'm just as strong and still just as fast. I think the 77, 78 (172 pounds) max."

Islam lost that fight and will not last a round in the rematch.

It was just company PR to steal money from you,that's why I stream for free

Back