How long would have taken to make $8 million

The money spends the same and he'll get a lot more of it being a punching bag for Fury.

It's called "prize fighting" for a reason. If the UFC doesn't want it's biggest stars chasing boxing paydays then pay them.
worked out for conor . or did it? has he won a fight since?

tell me your done fighting without saying your done fighting.

im glad he is getting his payday, but quit with the baddest man on the planet stuff.

he quit ufc to pursue 1 big exhibition boxing match.

worked out for conor . or did it? has he won a fight since?

tell me your done fighting without saying your done fighting.

im glad he is getting his payday, but quit with the baddest man on the planet stuff.

he quit ufc to pursue 1 big exhibition boxing match.

Fans care about winning fights and "legacy". A lot of fighters care about the money in the bank. It is what it is. A lot of early UFC legends are brain damaged and broke. Bet they wish they were rich instead.

Fans care about winning fights and "legacy". A lot of fighters care about the money in the bank. It is what it is. A lot of early UFC legends are brain damaged and broke. Bet they wish they were rich instead.
Early UFC legends? Like who?

Francis last official salary was 600k with the possibility of 50k more in bonuses and PPV points. But he was negotiating a new one and the UFC preseumably offered him something better than that. Without the PPV points Francis probably does not earn 8 million for the rest of his career with the old contract(not countng sponserships and what not) because of how rarely HWs fight. With the PPV points he might get there? We don't know how much the PPV points are worth.

Note-UFC said they gave out extensive locker room bonuses but I suspect that was more of a Ferttita thing. I have not heard Dana use that talking point in quite awhile.

Last edited:
big frank sold out to be a sideshow attraction.

not the best look, legacy wise, but if he is happy then i am happy for him.
UFC shills working hard to earn their hot dog branders, I see

<mma4>

Dana offered him 20 million.
Wouldn't he have to have won three fights in a row to get that dough? Sure, maybe he could have been more confident about winning, but perhaps he was being realistic about his chances.

Wouldn't he have to have won three fights in a row to get that dough? Sure, maybe he could have been more confident about winning, but perhaps he was being realistic about his chances.

Oh sure look, I would have done the same, no way would I risk losing to Stipe again and not a chance I’d face Jones. I’d take the easy route and try to make the most money with the least risk.

What I wouldn’t do is pretend to be a fearless warrior and saint on a mission.

Do you, Francis Ngannou would have kept his contract with the UFC, how many fights would he have needed to make $8 million? He’ll probably get slapped up pretty easily by Tyson fury. But he will make plenty of money in one showing. And that’s a win
Two fights

supposedly he is making much more than 8 million dollars

Money/Freedom > legacy

Plus he left the UFC on top. So what he does after doesn't change what he has already achieved.

He left the UFC after getting a close 5 round decision in a boring fight vs a guy Jon Jones just stopped in 2 mins...

And his freedom is being used to get his ass kicked in front of millions of people, probably never get another big boxing match and then go fight in relative obscurity in the PFL, at 37 by then he may well lose to some nobody there too.

Francis would've made that against Jones.

The problem was Francis wanted to box as he knew more money there also. He also knows he wasn't going to get paid 8M or anywhere near that each time out for the UFC. At his age its all about grabbing the cash right now and that is what he did. On top he felt Dana/UFC disrespected/bullied him.

Maybe one major fight or two, but he wouldn't be guaranteed to make anything after that if he lost per his (projected) contract, so moneywise, he made by far the best choice not to stay in the UFC. There really is no way to frame anyone but Francis as the winner of the negotiation process.

I love how you guys just completely skip past that:
  • Of course if Ngannou lost his belt he would no longer be paid like a champion given he wouldn't be the champion
  • If he won though the pay continues
  • He already admitted he missed out on $7M he'd have earned since Stipe had he signed the contracts the UFC was offering so his low pay is entirely his fault, not the UFC's
  • $7M + $8M means he's lost $15M so far which was certainly fair on the UFC's part and only (seemingly) got beat by the literal biggest fight he could've ever gotten in Fury in an entirely different sport and by the Saudis funding it
  • He's getting one big pay day against Fury and then is going back to making less money in his next fight anyways exactly like you're complaining about had he lost the Jones fight except here it's a guarantee as PFL can't do that
  • He's not even signed to PFL's HW division so he's subject to whatever whims PFL makes up for their made upFrancis division that doesn't even exist yet rather than having the guarantees of their regular divisions
  • He can't fight in MMA until 2024 because of the contract he signed with PFL. He could've fought potentially up to like 3-5x in the UFC by that point.
If he's happy with his decisions then okay.

Francis last official salary was 600k with the possibility of 50k more in bonuses and PPV points. But he was negotiating a new one and the UFC preseumably offered him something better than that. Without the PPV points Francis probably does not earn 8 million for the rest of his career with the old contract(not countng sponserships and what not) because of how rarely HWs fight. With the PPV points he might get there? We don't know how much the PPV points are worth.

Note-UFC said they gave out extensive locker room bonuses but I suspect that was more of a Ferttita thing. I have not heard Dana use that talking point in quite awhile.

He was only on a $600K contract because he'd been refusing to sign new contracts since Stipe 1 and so was on a very old contender contract.

He'd have made millions years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back