How many people here carry concealed weapons on a daily basis?

Of course but there are extents of fear, i don't think you can compare locking a door to carrying a lethal weapon.

It's simply situation dependant and is not meant as an affront to gun owners.

You can argue there are extens of fear, sure, but how do you quantify it? What level on the fear scale does "locking your door" register at? At what level does "concealed carry" register at?

It's all a matter of emotionally-invested personal opinion, really, as to what constitutes "living in fear" and what doesn't. There's no objectivity to what actions are below the "living in fear" threshold and which are above. I could easily say that, since I don't lock my door at night, that all you guys are living in fear and I'm not, at which point we have to agree that this is a pretty subjective argument.

You can argue there are extens of fear, sure, but how do you quantify it? What level on the fear scale does "locking your door" register at? At what level does "concealed carry" register at?

It's all a matter of emotionally-invested personal opinion, really, as to what constitutes "living in fear" and what doesn't. There's no objectivity to what actions are below the "living in fear" threshold and which are above. I could easily say that, since I don't lock my door at night, that all you guys are living in fear and I'm not, at which point we have to agree that this is a pretty subjective argument.

Of course, again my original point was that i can go about my day without fear of a degree of violence that would require me to protect myself with potentially lethal force...

Clearly the same cannot be said for those that feel the need to carry a weapon with them.

I carry a weapon on me when I travel but thats about it.

Topical:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24773025

Shooting reported at Los Angeles airport
Breaking news
Los Angeles International Airport has been locked down amid reports of gunshots.

Aerial television footage showed people in what appeared to be transport security uniforms being treated for injuries.

Emergency vehicles and heavily armed police are on the scene. Officers were reported to be searching and clearing the terminal.

Passengers in the terminal were ordered to evacuate, some onto the tarmac.

The Los Angeles Fire Department said it was assisting police at a "multi-patient incident".

Witness Robert Perez told a CBS affiliate that airport security officers ran through the terminal yelling that a man had a gun.

"I heard popping and everybody dropped to the ground," Mr Perez said.

See, silly California, if they could CCW the shooter would've been dead immediately.

Of course, you'll never know that so that's a completely imaginary situation.

lol no. unless I plan on visiting some russian mob safe house, the only people with handguns that I'll cross will be cops. even most criminals don't use guns over here. they're smarter than that, they steal when no one is watching and avoid any confrontation.

What if there's an earthquake, and the magazine slides into the gun, then the slide hits something, racking itself, then the bump disengages the safety, then the trigger depresses on its own because they do that from time to time, then it shoots and an innocent person is shot dead...

This is the dumbest thing I have ever read. Impossible.Have you even shot a gun?? Trigger depressed on its own?Do you know how they operate?? Dont knock it until you try it. I turned a Czech hockey player and his airline Capt. father(ie. respectable folks) onto it in Vegas last year @ the Gun Range LV. I have never seen such a big grin on a person.

The bottom line is that when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
Gun laws only work with law abiding citizens. Do you think the guy walking into the mall to rob the jewelry store sees a "No Guns" sign and says to himself , " well shit guess I better go home now".....

As far as your "Civilized Western Europe BS" is concerned, Id rather die fighting then rounded up like cattle and exterminated. There is a reason no one has invaded this country, and they never will , god willing, its called armed resistance. Countries and people that dont have it are sheep ripe for the wolves. See history 101, the Jewish people,Armenian People,Bosnian people,ect. If every household was armed do you think that would have went down like it did...Probably not.

Same goes with everyday living. Id rather have a gun and not need it then need it and not have it. I do not carry everyday, but I should. It is only a misdemeanor to carry without a permit in CA. I will carry when I am going to a bad part of town. It is very expensive here to get the permit. About $500 total, after the class and fees. I agree with taking aclass to show your expertice and marksmanship with the weapon, but the "processing fee" is a bit much.Thats a downside to this state. Upsides are all the things to do weather (79 and sunny today), and women. Ill trade restrictive gun laws for that anyday.

so you fear that you might become a victim unless you carry a weapon?

don't worry i have changedd my mind on this everyone else's arguments have shown me the error of my thinking, thus i now drive a tank and carry suface to air missiles.

this is purely out of precaution of a ground or air terorist attack, it's happened before and it could happen again.

not that i'm scurred or anything

Your level of education shows in this post, thereby rendering anything you say absolutely irrelevant.

Let's hear some stories about you guys Plaxico Burressing yourselves.

Yes I feel much more comfortable knowing I have a gun. Because I am constantly thrust into dangerous and potentially life threatening situations, because I am sworn to protect the citizens of my city .

There is a difference bewtween a law enforcement agent carrying a weapon and civilian. Because I serve in canada I would feel just as safe carrying a taser or even a non lethal firearm because I know the bad guy doesbt have a lethal weapon under his shirt.

The biggest threat to your life is your ignorance.
Assuming a bad guy doesn't have a gun because its "the law" is laughable.
Are there absolutely no reports of people being shot by bad guys in Canada? I think not.
That's the same failed logic politicians in the states are trying to*shove down our throats. "Ban all law abiding citizens from having guns and the bad guys will listen too"

Let's hear some stories about you guys Plaxico Burressing yourselves.
My friend picked me up and his car had a band-aid on it. What gives I asked him. He told it was a pimple. I removed the band-aid and holy shit there was a pimple there. A little protrusion that turned out to be a lodged bullet. His gun had accidentally discharged while he was cleaning it.

There are like forty-seven things going wrong there.

This is the same guy who secreted a loaded Magnum in his safe, barrel out, and asked me to get it for him. I think he was trying to kill me, now that I look back on things.

Never shot hisself tho. Not yet.

lol no. unless I plan on visiting some russian mob safe house, the only people with handguns that I'll cross will be cops. even most criminals don't use guns over here. they're smarter than that, they steal when no one is watching and avoid any confrontation.

Delusional. There are illegally owned firearms in every country of the world.

You're playing a game of odds, which is fine, but it's arrogant to pretend that you know there are no armed people (besides LEOs) around you.

(I like how you acknowledge the type of people at Russian mob safehouses would be armed, yet you think they would simply abandon their weapons when they leave said safehouse. Yeah, I'm sure...)

Back