How many PPV buys do you think Masvidal vs Diaz Pulls?

PPV Buys?

• Total voters
By the way, I don't see it as them being happy with Nate, it's just them trying to salvage a botched MSG card with whatever gimmicks they can unitize in time. MSG is supposed to be their crown jewel event, they'll work hard for it not to be an embarrassing failure.

Both have iron chins, Nate has pillow fists and Jorge is a perpetual quitter who takes rounds off and has 27 decisions in his career. That fight could also end up being a stinker and the worst on the card.

Nah theres no way that fight is going to be a stinker, its still going to be bonkers for sure. The only reason its not as exciting to me is because Nate doesn't necessarily have the most fun style to watch and hes not in the top 5 in any division as of yet. Nates fights are most fun to watch when hes slapping fools left and right like the Michael Johnson fight or when hes talking smack.... All I've seen from Jorge and Nate so far is them becoming best friends, fuck that shit

In this day and age, if it does more than 500k that would be remarkable. The espn deal has likely severely diminished buy rates due to accessibility and it being a paywall to a paywall.
The concept of paying to pay is fucking insane. What's even more insane is that this is accurate with respect to needing to have ESPN plus to buy a ppv. (At least I think it's accurate. Haven't bought ppv in a while.)

The concept of paying to pay is fucking insane. What's even more insane is that this is accurate with respect to needing to have ESPN plus to buy a ppv. (At least I think its accurate. Haven't bought ppv in a while.)

That is accurate. It is insane. If you’re going to pay for it anyways then no big deal (like me), but you’re putting off a lot of people that may only be interested in one particular event or only wants to watch the pay per views.

A PPV main event without a title fight? not a lot.

I have no idea how to even watch ESPN stuff in Canada. There seems to be a few of channels available on my cable. Not sure which is which. Not subbed to any. I had one last year but cancelled it because it sucked for hockey recaps and stuff..I just stick with tsn, rds and cbc for hockey now. I can't even find Ariel anymore. He is somewhere hidden and buried under Espn's youtube channel. It is like he disappeared to most Canadians as soon as he signed that big deal. Occasionally I see clips of him here but thats about it.

Until they make it a bit easier to actually watch, find stuff and pay for. Then they will just have confused fans everywhere who miss the fights or watch somewhere else. I can't see them doing that good unless they iron out the strange process of acquiring a ppv now. No one wants to jump through hoops to order a event. Just lemme click a button and pay for it for crying out loud. For that reason alone I say under 500k. Probs around 150-250k buys mainly from die hards. Hopefully its not blacked out for em and zapped again. Rest of the fans will be forced to miss it or watch some other way.

Last edited:
400K and over would be a huge success at this moment in time.

Anybody saying 800-1 million are absolutely insane.

It's hard to say with the new model changing everything. I will say that some people in here are SEVERELY underestimating the casual hype for this fight. People that barely know a thing about MMA that I know of are hyped for this and also know Nate as a big star. I would not be surprised one bit if this is the most successful PPV purchase wise since the ESPN+ era.

The model changed with ESPN, but if you go by the old search numbers and shit, Nate's last PPV would've indicated 600k PPV buys. It did have the GOAT HW title on the line, though. And a Mr. Olympia showdown.

I doubt this hits more than 350k even by old standards. There just nothing on the line for anyone and the main event is kind of weak sauce.
I think you're overestimating the title aspect of things. People care about stars and great fights. There is no doubt Nate is a massive star and Masvidal is one of the hottest names in the sport right now, as well. Honestly, I feel as if this fight does better buy wise than most title fights that can be put up right now. I can make a strong argument that Nate is the 2nd strongest NA draw behind Conor.

Anyone saying less than 800k is kidding themselves. This will approach the million mark.

If it has a really good Main Event i think it can pull over 800K for sure

You need a don't know, don't care option for your poll, I watch fights & fighters not numbers & figures could be why I'm always broke..

All of them. All the buys.

I really don't know what number it does, its hard to say. But one of the guys I work with said something to me about Diaz fighting, and he is as casual as it comes, and he only knows a few names like GSP, Jones, Conor, Shamrock and Chuck, so for him to say that to me really surprised me.

Back