How much ammo should an avg homowner keep?

Scarymonster

Orange Belt
Reaction score
In your opinion. I live in a nice suburb. But if the 'geddon cometh i want to be protected. 1000 rounds? 5000?

If you need more than 20 rounds to defend your home at Armageddon, then even 10000 probably won't be enough.

I have about 30k rounds at home, but I shoot in a lot of calibers, and I shoot a lot. It's not about preparedness for an emergency, but rather about buying bulk when it is available cheap.

I have a .45 with a 10 rd clip. It's full and I keep another box in the safe next to it, just for good measure... I feel pretty comfortable with that.

Enough to keep all your weapons loaded and ready for action in case the graboids break into your rec room.

Aside from that, whatever you can stock comfortably. If it's a handgun, keep two clips and what's left of the box.

In england we banned handguns when we realised that fucktards use them to kill people.

in the event of illegal immigrant zombie uprising, i'd say the average homeowner should at least have a garage full with a few RPG's laying around.

I'd say when you buy a gun, buy an equal (in $$$) amount of ammo. Quite a waste of money to have a gun and no ammo.

I'm well into the double-digit levels of firearms so I don't even have count of how much ammo I have for each one, but a few hundred rounds for each hand gun & shotgun and thousands of rounds of common rifle cartridges like 223 and 308 for sure. Zillions of 22.

In england we banned handguns when we realised that fucktards use them to kill people.

I know. Then the following 2 years the BBC reported that your gun assaults went up 40%. Haha. Owned, unarmed peasants.

I know people in Britain and they don't obey the gun laws anyway though, who would? You can still get what you want and should.

I know. Then the following 2 years the BBC reported that your gun assaults went up 40%. Haha. Owned, unarmed peasants.

I know people in Britain and they don't obey the gun laws anyway though, who would? You can still get what you want and should.

Haha you know the constitution is an outdated document right... theres no need to have a gun unless you're rolling in some kind of gang like a scared manchild who cant get normal friends who talk and play sports.

Its always the awkward kids who steal the weapons from their grandfathers arsenal and blow away schools :rolleyes:

Depends, are you just needing the ammo for home protection?

I mean, I have 500 rounds of SW .40 cal ammo on my coffee table right now. Not because I think I need it for home defense, but because I'm trying to stockpile during this ammo shortage. Plus I like to shoot quite a few rounds at a time at the range.

I have an ammo case with about 600 rounds of 7.62x39 mm ammo in my closet. Every time I shoot a couple hundred I try to replace it whenever I get lucky enough to come across someone who is willing to sell bulk.

I do have one clip loaded for my Walther in my closet and a loaded 20 round magazine for my AK under my coffee table.

Depends, are you just needing the ammo for home protection?

I mean, I have 500 rounds of SW .40 cal ammo on my coffee table right now. Not because I think I need it for home defense, but because I'm trying to stockpile during this ammo shortage. Plus I like to shoot quite a few rounds at a time at the range.

I have an ammo case with about 600 rounds of 7.62x39 mm ammo in my closet. Every time I shoot a couple hundred I try to replace it whenever I get lucky enough to come across someone who is willing to sell bulk.

I do have one clip loaded for my Walther in my closet and a loaded 20 round magazine for my AK under my coffee table.

Hahaha please tell me you're kidding... you live in chicago not baghdad

Hahaha please tell me you're kidding... you live in chicago not baghdad

Can't say I'm kidding, but I think you were missing my point. I buy bulk so I can make my time at the range worthwhile. I don't buy the shit to start a war.

Can't say I'm kidding, but I think you were missing my point. I buy bulk so I can make my time at the range worthwhile. I don't buy the shit to start a war.

Oh ok fair play, range is like sport. Its guys who believe you need them to protect yourself that worry me.

Oh ok fair play, range is like sport. Its guys who believe you need them to protect yourself that worry me.

Don't get me wrong, as long as American has a serious gun culture, there is nothing wrong with having a gun to protect yourself.

It is really at the point of no return here. If you outlaw all guns for the most part and go door to door and take all of the law-abiding registered owner's guns, you do leave people at risk to be victims. Just look at the gun control laws we have now. Criminals don't give a fuck about laws, they just own guns and shoot people regardless. All gun control laws do is control law-abiding citizens.

I'm not even going to try and defend the gun culture here, it was several hundred years in the making. There are just too many criminals out there that will always have guns. It isn't any different in the UK, you can still get a handgun if you want for a price. In Chicago, the mayor banned hand gun possession 24 years ago and shootings have continued to skyrocket here. Mostly because there are teenagers who use them that aren't even allowed to one them in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, as long as American has a serious gun culture, there is nothing wrong with having a gun to protect yourself.

It is really at the point of no return here. If you outlaw all guns for the most part and go door to door and take all of the law-abiding registered owner's guns, you do leave people at risk to be victims. Just look at the gun control laws we have now. Criminals don't give a fuck about laws, they just own guns and shoot people regardless. All gun control laws do is control law-abiding citizens.

I'm not even going to try and defend the gun culture here, it was several hundred years in the making. There are just too many criminals out there that will always have guns. It isn't any different in the UK, you can still get a handgun if you want for a price. In Chicago, the mayor banned hand gun possession 24 years ago and shootings have continued to skyrocket here. Mostly because there are teenagers who use them that aren't even allowed to one them in the first place.

I completely see what you're saying. Its interesting hearing it from that perspective - cos firearms werent so readily available over here even by the time they were outlawed they've cut gun crime quite well.

Yeah... its like Izzard said - you're the new roman empire - you've got all the weapons... so be very careful :icon_twis

Get the fuck out, this isn't the war room. If you have something to contribute, fine, but you're just trolling.

Just because you Brits like to be the governments little bitches doesn't mean the rest of us do.

Get the fuck out, this isn't the war room. If you have something to contribute, fine, but you're just trolling.

Just because you Brits like to be the governments little bitches doesn't mean the rest of us do.

Thats a nice sweeping statement, while we're at it all americans don't have passports, are religious fanatics, hate everyone who isnt white and christian, are obese, have a low IQ, dont know anything about the cultures of other countries, dont understand the benefits of national healthcare, failed to grasp the importance of climate change and managed to elect an idiot to presidency twice in a row.

I was actually involved in discussion but as I can see you've come out waving the hick banner i'll be on my way. Give my regards to the wife/cousin

I always like the statement of the obvious:
"If guns are outlawed only outlaws will own guns"

Back