How much bigger is Conor than Anthony Joshua?

Whatch out your language kid and stay in your lane

My first post was about ppl here mentioning McG as the biggest athletes in the world. Social medias are not everything in term of popularity to the general public. McG may have 20M followers on instagram but most ppl barely know who he is if not at all.
That's a fact. He has twice more followers than bolt but is he more famous than bolt worldwilde ? Not even close

Your first post is irrelevant as the point I made doesn't address any issue in it . Your post that I replied to, however, insinuates that Social media following is not significant in relation to actual popularity. " Most people barely know who he is" and how did you possibly come up with this? Have you conducted a worldwide survey? There is an actual quantifiable data which depicts the number of following Conor has, yet you somehow chose to believe your skewed idea of reality over this.

Again, there is a difference between belief and fact. You believe Bolt is more famous than Conor, yet the fact shows otherwise.

You are dumb and you should be ashamed of yourself.
giphy.gif

Lollllll
UFC and its fighters are nothing other than 'niche' over here.
McGregor is by far and away the biggest thing the ufc has ever had and is more famous worldwide compared to any other ufc fighter....
But don't get that twisted with other more professional and established sports.

Boxing, football, formula one, tennis and even rugby to some extent absolutely dwarf mma/ufc over here.

Your first post is irrelevant as the point I made doesn't address any issue in it . Your post that I replied to, however, insinuates that Social media following is not significant in relation to actual popularity. " Most people barely know who he is" and how did you possibly come up with this? Have you conducted a worldwide survey? There is an actual quantifiable data which depicts the number of following Conor has, yet you somehow chose to believe your skewed idea of reality over this.

Again, there is a difference between belief and fact. You believe Bolt is more famous than Conor, yet the fact shows otherwise.

You are dumb and you should be ashamed of yourself.
giphy.gif

Never mind little nerd. You feel good being condescending towards others on the web like most ppl of your generation but I'm used to it. And I know you're a nice guy in every day life.

But again, as a huge sport follower I just know McG like mma in general is far from what general sport medias talk about. Am I wrong or not?
So there's no reasonnable comparison that can be made between mcgregor and other more mainstream athletes. That's just pure fact. If u can't understand that you're just an idiot.

I wish my English was better so that I could be more consistant to discuss about it with more relevant arguments. It is what it is..

say what u want you ain't worth my energy. Or maybe we could talk and be cordial to each other or Is it too much to ask?

Last edited:
Joshua has a long way to go, he needs to fight in the states thats where the money is in PPV. Many people know who Conor is here and MMA isnt even popular nor does it get aired on tv. Most dont know who Joshua is outside of the UK unless of course you watch boxing.

Nah. Madison is dead and feels dated, plus it only holds 20,000.

Joshua needs 80,000 seat stadiums & Sky Sports Box Office PPVs.

Lollllll
McGregor is by far and away the biggest thing the ufc has ever had and is more famous worldwide compared to any other ufc fighter....

Boxing, football, formula one, tennis and even rugby to some extent absolutely dwarf mma/ufc over here.

So true. Is it really a discussion ?

But since McG has this huge fan base and followers and was the most searched athlete on Google he is undoubtly to some sherdoggers the biggest athlete in the world...
Ok

I've spent most of this year on Bali in Indonesia. My fucking maid, a tiny middle aged lady who comes from a small village on Java and speaks about 25 words of English, asks me about Conor and what I think of him and whether he is fighting soon. Like my 71 year old Norwegian mother does at times. And because I travel a lot, I watch plenty of cards in bars, which in Asia are shown on Sunday mornings / early lunchtime. When Conor is fighting, the bars are packed. When he's not, it's a totally different story. (BTW, I watched the recent GGG-Canelo rematch in the same bar as I watched Woodley-Till. The turnout was pretty much exactly the same. My sport has always been boxing - I had 39 fights as an amateur - but these days the big MMA fights draw larger crowds, and Conor is by far the biggest draw of all.)

I haven't seen anything like it since Tyson, to tell you the truth. Tyson was still bigger than Conor - no other combat sports athlete has reached his level of fame in my 30+ years in these sports, even in this day and age with social media etc. EVERYONE knew who Mike Tyson was. Conor isn't quite there yet. But he's closer than anyone else.
And you aren't a biased sample? All my MMA fans know who Conor is, therefore everybody knows who Conor is.

I responded to the claim that Conor is recognized everywhere. Tyson might be. Ali certainly is. Ali is how being recognized everywhere looks like. Ali drew 2bn viewers worldwide. More than the World Cup and the Olympics at the time. Those 2bn may translate to 4, 5, 6bn today. I don't know.

Is Conor more recognized than some other guy? Sure. Is he recognized everywhere? I don't believe that for a second. Tyson is more famous today than he was as a boxer. Ali was a phenom. Ali was a political symbol at a time of civil rights and anti imperialism.

And you aren't a biased sample? All my MMA fans know who Conor is, therefore everybody knows who Conor is.

I responded to the claim that Conor is recognized everywhere. Tyson might be. Ali certainly is. Ali is how being recognized everywhere looks like. Ali drew 2bn viewers worldwide. More than the World Cup and the Olympics at the time. Those 2bn may translate to 4, 5, 6bn today. I don't know.

Is Conor more recognized than some other guy? Sure. Is he recognized everywhere? I don't believe that for a second. Tyson is more famous today than he was as a boxer. Ali was a phenom. Ali was a political symbol at a time of civil rights and anti imperialism.
Did you read my post?

What a daft question Conor is the biggest name in combat sports at the moment other than maybe mayweather

Never mind little nerd. You feel good being condescending towards others on the web like most ppl of your generation but I'm used to it. And I know you're a nice guy in every day life.

But again, as a huge sport follower I just know McG like mma in general is far from what general sport medias talk about. Am I wrong or not?
So there's no reasonnable comparison that can be made between mcgregor and other more mainstream athletes. That's just pure fact. If u can't understand that you're just an idiot.

I wish my English was better so that I could be more consistant to discuss about it with more relevant arguments. It is what it is..

say what u want you ain't worth my energy. Or maybe we could talk and be cordial to each other or Is it too much to ask?
<DisgustingHHH>
Again, your dumb ass is mixing up your own personal belief with an actual fact. You think Conor is unknown to general public in comparison to the athletes you mentioned?

Prove it. Give me statistics or data that challenge the social follower numbers and search trend. Until then, shut your butthole, ya baguette sucking bum.

Lollllll

Nobody knows boxing here in The Netherlands. They barely even know kickboxing in the mainstream, except some marquee names. But Conor McGregor is making the news and it's a name people recognize.

AJ's Bank account >>>>> Conor's Bank account. Conor uses money to measure his success / marketing power, therefore AJ > Conor.

AJ's estimated networth is 45m USD in 2018 (doubled from 2017). Far as I know, Conor made at least 100m from Floyd, not counting his other businesses / rest of his MMA fights etc.
It's safe to assume that, currently at least, Conor is the wealthier fighters.

That said, if AJ continues he'll likely surpass Conor soon enough.

Did you read my post?
Yes, Conor is more famous/popular than Till among those who watch MMA. Most people don't watch MMA.

The point isn't that Conor is more recognized than X, but that he's recognized everywhere.

I wold wonder if Tyson Fury is better known than McGregor in Ireland and the UK...not talking about revenue but fame and being known by the regular citizen. He is pretty famous/infamous there. A lot of McGregor's fame is in the US.

In Ireland? No way. Everyone knows who Conor is. 99% of the vox populi are aware of him.

Conor is a way more known but makes less money

Except for when Floyd allowed him to be his B Side.

Hes still ahead by a clear margin now but I think Joshua (assuming he keeps winning) can potentially catch up within 2 years. Conor has peaked already whereas Joshua has barely even scraped the surface of the American market yet.

Back