How much bigger is Conor than Anthony Joshua?

Well Anthony Joshua is a heavyweight

sometimes I get tired from all free hostility, racism and bullshitting here on sherdog

but well timed smart lines like this make it worth haha

Nobody knows boxing here in The Netherlands. They barely even know kickboxing in the mainstream, except some marquee names. But Conor McGregor is making the news and it's a name people recognize.

What's your number one sport?
Who covers it?

Im gonna guess that it's sky?

Here's how/why the hearns have been so clever.
Over in Europe, Joshua will get a lot more exposure off that alone..

So true. Is it really a discussion ?

But since McG has this huge fan base and followers and was the most searched athlete on Google he is undoubtly to some sherdoggers the biggest athlete in the world...
Ok
McGregor is big, very big in fact...
So big that the only time that the ufc makes mainstream media outlets here, its because of him.
Now compare that with the likes of boxing and welllll....

The fact that skysports has the best football coverage and also matchroom boxing compared to the ufc that has motogp and ufc is also a big deal.

Now add the fact that Joshua fights at euro friendly times and the ufc is at 5am...

Unfortunately, a lot of Americans struggle to see passed their borders.
Ala
North Korea.

AJ's Bank account >>>>> Conor's Bank account. Conor uses money to measure his success / marketing power, therefore AJ > Conor.
Joshua's net worth is less than Conor's current UFC contract

Not really close at all, Joshua is a national star, Conor is a worldwide Superstar.

Conor is even a bigger star in Joshua's own country.
I’m going to assume you don’t get out much

anthony joshua's last five fights have been at sold out 80,000-90,000 seat stadiums

UFC 229 is not even sold out
anthony joshua is nowhere near conors level of fame, thats so retarded

Lol defensive.

My point was Scotland is relatively disconnected from the rest of Britain and has a smaller population than London, it also doesnt have much of a boxing scene. Conor might be more popular up there because of that (plus the celtic connection) but that definitely isnt the case in England since the Wlad fight.
Scotland has a very big boxing scene, we're just in a bit of a transitional period when it comes to big fighters, I think if Conor fought at Wembley it would sell out and at much higher prices than Joshua's fights, also Joshua's last fight against Povetkin did not sell out.

Joshua sells out 90k stadiums and even in his last bout against an unknown he sold out a 76k stadium and sold 1.5M buys. They’re both doing alright for themselves.

What's your number one sport?
Who covers it?

Im gonna guess that it's sky?

Here's how/why the hearns have been so clever.
Over in Europe, Joshua will get a lot more exposure off that alone..

Football/soccer. A lot if channels cover it. There is no Sky here.

Pretty sure Conor is much more popular than Joshua over here.

If I saw Joshua on the street I probably wouldn't know it was him.

McGregor is big, very big in fact...
So big that the only time that the ufc makes mainstream media outlets here, its because of him.
Now compare that with the likes of boxing and welllll....

The fact that skysports has the best football coverage and also matchroom boxing compared to the ufc that has motogp and ufc is also a big deal.

Now add the fact that Joshua fights at euro friendly times and the ufc is at 5am...

Unfortunately, a lot of Americans struggle to see passed their borders.
Ala
North Korea.
Of course he is big. But to put him on the same level of fame of other mainstream athletes like football tennis or Olympics superstars is just pure non sens.

Back