How out of shape is DC?

El General

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I know he’s not the ideal male bod as an athlete but fuck does he look old and heavy last night.
Maybe it’s time to accept a different size in his wardrobe.

5891EB99-1B41-4DDF-9202-A3E9DB9A27E7.jpeg

He will be able to cut to 265! Have fate!

Cormier fights at heavyweight because he has a severe weight problem, not because he is a guy with big bones or a unique build. Theres no doubt he is an elite athlete that could slim down if he put in the effort, but he doesn't seem to care which is unfortunate.

I don’t know but picturing him in the octagon next to Francis...they are very different types of animals..

Cormier fights at heavyweight because he has a severe weight problem, not because he is a guy with big bones or a unique build. Theres no doubt he is an elite athlete that could slim down if he put in the effort, but he doesn't seem to care which is unfortunate.

Of course, but he has been 240 ish for most of his adult life so it's harder for him to be effecient around 205...
Some kind of body memory...

Doesnt really matter though since he is champ material at both HW and LHW.

A silverback gorilla (no racism) vs a sloth

A sloth? More like a hippo. A benign-looking plump creature that nevertheless can put on some terrifying bursts of speed and in fact kills more people than any other African mammal.

Doesnt really matter though since he is champ material at both HW and LHW.

What's your point? Professional athletes who have trouble with their weight when they are active almost always continue to have trouble when they retire, that impulse to eat unhealthy does not just go away nor does the desire to get healthy magically appear. Cormier appears to be a good guy, he talks of his family often, so seeing a guy who looks to be a little under 5'10 laugh about being 280 pounds is not something to be celebrated no matter how great an athlete he is.

There is no excuse when you get paid as an athlete, and big money at that, to walk around morbidly obese; it really is just him being lazy which is sad.

It's crazy how he struggled to make 205. If DC was at 8-12% body fat, which is ideal for athletes, he would probably make 185.

He is going to get starched again from Stiopic. Couple body shots where those twinkies are sitting and its game over.

What's your point? Professional athletes who have trouble with their weight when they are active almost always continue to have trouble when they retire, that impulse to eat unhealthy does not just go away nor does the desire to get healthy magically appear. Cormier appears to be a good guy, he talks of his family often, so seeing a guy who looks to be a little under 5'10 laugh about being 280 pounds is not something to be celebrated no matter how great an athlete he is.

There is no excuse when you get paid as an athlete, and big money at that, to walk around morbidly obese; it really is just him being lazy which is sad.

What do you mean whats my point? I am saying there is no need for him to be 220 and trying to make LHW when he is great at HW as he is at LHW. Not sure how the point flew over your head but I was glad to dumb it down for you. I also dont care how much he weighs as long as he is making weight at HW and performs which he does. He is a man and I am sure he knows eating unhealthy is not good for him but if he likes the food he eats let him eat.

He’s presumably not training super hard, but he was an Olympian and UFC champion and I’m sure wouldn’t ever be out of shape. It wouldn’t be reasonable to think of him in terms of 205 — the only reason he ever fought down there was because he didn’t want to compete against Cain — so I agree he did look soft last night, but I’m sure he’s in shape.

Back