How to finally solve your conditioning problem

explaining the programming would take up at least a whole other article. Achieving results is about A) understanding the assessments necessary to find your weaknesses B) knowing which methods are the most effective at improving those weaknesses and then C) putting together those methods in the right framework of a program to make them work for you.

The best way to understand how to do all this is learn the methods and then try them for yourself and see the results. I'll be posting an example program week by week for people to see. You'll learn more about how to use the methods by trying them in the context of a program.

Joel, I'm just now finally getting a chance to watch the fights. Leben looked to be in incredible shape. This is definitely another testament to your program's effectiveness. Kudos to you sir!

Leben was definitely in great shape, but he couldn't get Bisping to stand in the pocket and throw or use his footwork to cut him off. It's tough in the octogon with no corners fighting someone who is constantly backing up and using a 5in reach advantage to just try and get the decision, but Leben still could have done things better and won the fight.

I put up some old video footage of Randy Couture and Maurice training together in my gym from back in the day. I shot it in early 2004 just before Randy fought Vitor. It's really old but still cool to see and it's funny to watch Maurice working on his shot.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eBs_5a77Yi8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eBs_5a77Yi8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Exactly. But you know in his fight not too long ago with Rick Rufus he told me he was going to stand up for while and get the takedown if it was there and then sure enough he throws two punches, gets inside and gets the takedown and finished it with a straight armlock in about 1:45. Mo is a funny guy.

I went for a hike in the park today with the wife so I didn't take my HR monitor but once we walked awhile I decided to work a hill that I haven't really run since last year. Now since I don't really time my hill runs because I was over training and now use the HR method I just ran by feel and ran pretty slow. Which was what I expected to happen. On the sixth and last sprint I decided to see how close I could come to my old record by time. Well I ran up that hill and came within a second of my record on the sixth so-called sprint. Moral of the story? If your mind can trick you into thinking your working hard it will.

Exactly. But you know in his fight not too long ago with Rick Rufus he told me he was going to stand up for while and get the takedown if it was there and then sure enough he throws two punches, gets inside and gets the takedown and finished it with a straight armlock in about 1:45. Mo is a funny guy.

He just looks like he's dropping on his knees. LOL

Dude is fucking ancient. He's been in the combat sports for so long its unbelievable.

Much respect to him.

It's hard to blame him.

He's definitely been around forever and the amazing part is he's still training and fighting. I've known him for about 7 or 8 years now and he's very smart when it comes to his training and he knows what works for him and what doesn't. That's a big part of how he's been able to last so long in the sport while I see so many other guys in their late 20s and early 30s with their shoulders, backs, and knees totally destroyed.

On another note, I've just posted a new article on my site that anyone who wants to know more about how I program would be interested in reading.

From a strictly energy system standpoint there are definitely differences between BJJ and MMA so there are a lot of things to take into consideration when you're training your conditioning for MMA vs. BJJ, I'll have to get into the details in an article or post because it's a lot to go into.

I'll definitely be looking forward to reading that article. I've never heard any one really discuss the differences.

Registered over at 8 Weeks Out and looking forward to the first program starting on Monday.

The first week of the program has been posted on the site for anyone who is registered and did the pre program assessments.

Hy Joel. I went on your site friday and got registered but untill now I didn't receveive any regsitration link. Is that normal? And I still can't get in.

I activated your account manually. Try logging in from the front page of the site and it should work fine for you. Thanks for joining.

Joel I was gona ask. How often do you test with omegawave?
I may have found a place where I can do it here in Tokyo but it would be umpractical to do it more often than say once a month.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LQqq3e03EBQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LQqq3e03EBQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

LOL. Nice.

Paolo,

The more often the better but once a month would still be worth it as it would give you a gauge of progress and training heart rates. Out of curiousity, where in Tokyo did you find? I introduced the system a few years ago to a guy named Jeff Libengood who used to own a gym over there and I know he bought one but other than that I didn't know of anywhere else in Tokyo that had one.

Let me know if they actually have an omegawave there, I'd be surprised if they do but it's possible. I don't know how many were sold in Japan but I could ask and find out. Also, I doubt anyone there would really know how to use it properly, knowing how to do the test and having the system is one thing, but having the knowledge to know how to interpret and apply it is something else entirely. The good thing, however, is that the sytem lets you email test database file to anyone else with a system so if you can get the testing done there you could have them email me the actual test file and I can open it with my system and interpret it for you. Let me know what you find out.

Back