Relationship How to help someone out of an abusive marriage?

I refuse to accept this.

Not trying to sound harsh here, but it sounds like 'this' has been accepted for a long time. Not aiming this at you as you've been vague about how well you know this woman, but she's been with this guy a long time and it sounds like his abusive behaviour isn't new. She, and everyone in her life, have accepted this for a long time.

if it's really as bad as she says there are options.
a person in my family was in a very abusive relationship where her partner said he would kill her and her children if she left him.

long story short her parents took the kids and moved to another state and she packed a bag and lived in a batterd woman's shelter in LA for a year before getting a job and eventually a house etc..

dark times but the kids turned out fine

dude died from cancer a decade ago

lady met a rich dude in LA and had a much better life

the kids are all successful

The only way to get someone out of a toxic relationship is to be a good friend and do things with her and help her develop healthy relationships with other people. For some people, the light switch flips and they realize what they are in isn't healthy. You can't flip that switch for them.

Who are you in all this cause this for a friend of a friend business leads me to assume you're the woman but then how, when all this is going on, do you end up posting on a Karaté forum of all places?

Why do girls go after bad guys nothing good comes out of it
Worst.. why the fuck did she had 4 and soon to be 5 kids?

I swear to got these stupid people reproduce too much.

BTW.. the sherdogger answer to TS.. fuck the husband to stablish dominance.

if it's really as bad as she says there are options.
a person in my family was in a very abusive relationship where her partner said he would kill her and her children if she left him.

long story short her parents took the kids and moved to another state and she packed a bag and lived in a batterd woman's shelter in LA for a year before getting a job and eventually a house etc..

dark times but the kids turned out fine

dude died from cancer a decade ago

lady met a rich dude in LA and had a much better life

the kids are all successful

Pshh... and they say a single mother who wasted her early years on a bad guy can't recover and get a high value man later on...

<{titihmm}>

There is nothing you personally can do. Even if she asks for your help stay the hell out of other people's marriage. You'll have this dude killing her and you. This is a simple one. Can you help an addict that doesn't truly want help? It's the same. Shes doomed unless she wants to sneak out in the middle of the night and go to a women shelter. Not everyone gets a happy life.

Advise her to volunteer at a spiritual ministry. Possibly somewhere that has daycare services. Make it a family affair.

If the husband refuses to join and reform his ways, at least she is getting work experience and forming relationships with people who can either intervene in the abuse or assist with her transition out of that situation when the time comes.

"For the price of a harlot may be scarcely a loaf of bread, But a married woman is a trap for your precious life"

Proverbs 6:26

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back