How to not cheat on your wife while on a business trip

Some people watch too many movies. So you go on a business trip and suddenly there are random women beating down your hotel door? Or fawning all over the old guy at the club? Puhlease.

If you travel enough for work and are at all decent looking, you will be hit on even if you are not looking for it.

i've had more than a few women approach, take the seat next to me at a bar and strike up small talk. the last time I was in Dallas, walking into the hotel bar as i often do with laptop as the evening is winding down, to catch up on the days emails and events and a gal (somewhat pretty too chubby for me) was walking out. I noticed her as she was leaving and she definitely noticed me. And as I pulled up a stool at the bar, she suddenly returned about 10 minutes later. She joked that she was heading to bed but decided to sit and have one more. i chatted politely to her but never gave her an ounce of flirt or that i was opening the door to anything more. She flat out said to me 'you are not into me at all are you' and I joked and said everything was all good, I liked meeting and chatting with new people. She chatted a bit more and then said goodnight and went up to her room. I am sure I could have joined her had I wanted to.

Anyway TS the key for me has always been not to escalate. in years in the office where affairs have been possible and many of my work mates succumbed I found the best defense is simply not to escalate, don't flirt. You start playing that game of 'seeing where things go' as you go from innocent joking, to flirtation, to touching, etc and it escalates. if you simply do not start most women will move on. Most don't have the ego to chase a guy they think is not interested.

Good work TS.

Ive never cheated but I've still had the ball ache of women coming on to me and having to turn them down. It is not good for a marriage for the man to be feeling incredibly desirable.

What some of the posters ITT (@koolinkunming and @IloveTHIS) don't seem to appreciate is that when you are in a long term, ie life long relationship with a peer, as a man, there is likely a time when whilst your love for you wife continues to grow, she continues to age. Whilst you hit the second wave of 20 somethings looking for an older man.

With all the best will in the world you still may find yourself losing a little respect for you wife's traditional methods of interaction. There is a correction but it lags behind reality.

As such for one's own and ones wife's satisfaction you should aim to reduce temptation where it is easy to do so.

I quit hanging around 20yr old loose women and feel better for it.

Maybe of you're ugly or a creep you don't have this happen.
You would cheat with me in a heartbeat.

No homo.

Married guys have such a weird view of themselves.

I get it, I’m married, but lol at thinking going out to a bar is like putting a bullseye on your wiener.

You can't cheat on what you don't have - Sun Tzu (Art of Poon)

Go back to your room jerk off and go to sleep. Not cheating is easy.

Just jerk off the minute you get to the hotel. You'll be good after that.

A lot of this is bullshit but your last 5 words are the kicker. It’s written in our DNA to want to fuck, there is nothing anyone can say to change that fact. However, if you love and respect your partner you should be able to just say bad timing and walk away. Sadly most people have control and self respect issues and act on their impulses.

You claim most of what I wrote was bullshit, then go on to agree with it. Derp derp.

Good work TS.

Ive never cheated but I've still had the ball ache of women coming on to me and having to turn them down. It is not good for a marriage for the man to be feeling incredibly desirable.

What some of the posters ITT (@koolinkunming and @IloveTHIS) don't seem to appreciate is that when you are in a long term, ie life long relationship with a peer, as a man, there is likely a time when whilst your love for you wife continues to grow, she continues to age. Whilst you hit the second wave of 20 somethings looking for an older man.

With all the best will in the world you still may find yourself losing a little respect for you wife's traditional methods of interaction. There is a correction but it lags behind reality.

As such for one's own and ones wife's satisfaction you should aim to reduce temptation where it is easy to do so.

I quit hanging around 20yr old loose women and feel better for it.

Maybe of you're ugly or a creep you don't have this happen.

Naaawwwww, never been in that situation before......
<{katwhu}>
<YeahOKJen>

It ain’t my first dog and pony show, bud. I’ve seen pretty much every thing you can see in a marriage. I know what I’m talking about.

You’re preaching to the choir about 20 somethings and older men and marriage.

After years, you still don’t need to be a cheating sack of shit, especially if your wife’s fucking you on the regular. Doesn’t matter if she’s aging, cause so is your wrinkled up old ass.

Last edited:
I travel a lot and prefer to go to the local szechuan restaurant and get the hottest dan dan noodles they're capable of making. I'm then way too busy shitting, clutching my stomach and nursing my asshole in the hotel bathroom to find my way out to any local floozy who may be interested in a sexual encounter.

Printed and laminated, thanks TS.

You claim most of what I wrote was bullshit, then go on to agree with it. Derp derp.
Reading comprehension apparently isn’t your friend cause all I agreed with was the last 5 words, like I stated. Read what I wrote now read what you wrote:

“How hard is it not to cheat, really? You shouldn't feel tempted to want to sleep with every single person you might find attractive (and if you do, you've got both decency as well as control issues), and that's especially true if you've got a partner back home that you actually love and respect.”

We are tempted because wanting to fuck every female we find desirable is in our DNA. Temptation has aboslutely nothing to do with decency or self control. I told you I agreed with the last 5 words... our self control comes from the respect of ourselves and the respect of our loved ones. Go talk nonsense with the kiddies somewhere else.

Reading comprehension apparently isn’t your friend cause all I agreed with was the last 5 words, like I stated. Read what I wrote now read what you wrote:

“How hard is it not to cheat, really? You shouldn't feel tempted to want to sleep with every single person you might find attractive (and if you do, you've got both decency as well as control issues), and that's especially true if you've got a partner back home that you actually love and respect.”

We are tempted because wanting to fuck every female we find desirable is in our DNA. Temptation has aboslutely nothing to do with decency or self control. I told you I agreed with the last 5 words... our self control comes from the respect of ourselves and the respect of our loved ones. Go talk nonsense with the kiddies somewhere else.

You wrote, "...our self control comes from the respect of ourselves and the respect of our loved ones." Um, that's pretty much what I meant when I said decency issues. Yes, temptation has everything to do with it if you're giving in to every little temptation that crosses your brain.

“Temptation has absolutely nothing to do with decency or self control.”

Actually it does have something to do with decency or self control because it’s the trigger to the next possible step, cheating which definitely does.

You wrote, "...our self control comes from the respect of ourselves and the respect of our loved ones." Um, that's pretty much what I meant when I said decency issues. Yes, temptation has everything to do with it if you're giving in to every little temptation that crosses your brain.
Well if that’s what you meant to say then I agree. But it’s not what you wrote which is why I quoted you. No big deal, just a couple of randoms on a karate forum bullshitting.

“Temptation has absolutely nothing to do with decency or self control.”

Actually it does have something to do with decency or self control because it’s the trigger to the next possible step, cheating which definitely does.
Yes it’s a trigger but if you have temptations that doesn’t make you indecent and if you don’t act it doesn't mean you have control issues. The opposite actually since you’re displaying discipline and staying true to what you believe. But wanting to fuck someone doesn’t make you bad in anyway. I see women all the time I’d like to fuck and sometimes we talk, and other times we don’t. That’s life, there is so much of everything everywhere that temptation is unavoidable but your character and beliefs are your compass guiding you towards your decisions.

I usually use the "Don't be a fucking juvenile minded douchebag" strategy

Yes it’s a trigger but if you have temptations that doesn’t make you indecent and if you don’t act it doesn't mean you have control issues. The opposite actually since you’re displaying discipline and staying true to what you believe. But wanting to fuck someone doesn’t make you bad in anyway. I see women all the time I’d like to fuck and sometimes we talk, and other times we don’t. That’s life, there is so much of everything everywhere that temptation is unavoidable but your character and beliefs are your compass guiding you towards your decisions.

I think we’re on the same page.

Back