• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

How was Yoel Romero/Borrachina a robbery?

Yoel did more damage and won the 3rd.
I know he won. They fucked him. He lost the first, won the second although it was close, and clearly won the 3rd. I could've even seen a split decision, but unanimous? hell no.

Costa won. He could have won more decisively if Yoel didn't pretend that knee to the body was a low blow. Costa could have just came down with blows and stopped him right there.

Anyone got a gif of the knee? I've seen a couple people say it was a body shot, but it looked dead on the cup when I saw it.

Everyone in my house thought Yoel won. 2nd round was close. Costa landed harder, Yoel landed cleaner and landed more.

I had it for Yoel. It was a very close fight though can’t be mad at anyone for giving it to Paulo

I was rooting for Yoel but I was comfortable with the fight going either way or a draw, I didn't think there was a clear winner

idk me and my 2 friends thought costa won no problem. we were all surprised at the boo's. thought it was a clear 2 rounds for costa. i havent rewatched it though
I had Costa 2 rounds, close fight but Costa also got for the pressure so he deserved the win more. But for me it should have been a split decision win

Well, maybe Romero should use other strategies than waiting for the last round to truly wake-up and fight.

I had 2 rounds for Costa, but it should been a split decision win

I think Costa won round 1. The second round was closer but if you watch it again you will see costa landing punches and kicks for almost 3 minutes while Yoel is backpedaling, and then Romero begins to throw jabs and pressing the action more, finishing the round with a takedown. I still think that Costa did more in that round, so i give him the second as well.
The third was all Romero, not a 10-8 by any means, but a clear round for him.

29-28 Costa sounds right to me.

1st rnd Costa
2nd toss up
3rd Yoel

Most damage done was by Yoel. Not a robbery, just a really close war

I was honestly surprised about the decision I thought Yoel was winning but oh well no point in getting upset over it

it was a classic draw. 10-8 3rd made it one.
I did not see a 10-8 third. Honestly think by some crazy series of events the stars aligned and a fight was judged correctly.

Costa won.

Everyone with their biased opinions.... so annoying lol

Yeah I gave it to Yoel, and this is coming from a guy who has though he lost his past close fights.

Back